Poll: Do you use "lol" in everyday talk?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicaeven View Post
    I use it a lot IRL, nobody looks weird at me when I do though. Lol also means 'fun' in Dutch so I can get away with it
    Rebecca Black:
    Fun fun fun fun
    Lol lol lol lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I use "lawl" or sometimes "ololol" to make fun out of lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    When im listening to someone talk about something im completely uninterested in I just smile and lol when they laugh

Texts, forums, game chats? Sure

Face to face conversations? No
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my audience. Mostly I get away with talking like that to my boyfriend; I would never use it with a family member or non-gaming friend, or at work. They'd look at me like I was an alien.

I can't help it sometimes it just comes out. I wish it didn't. Damn acronyms. Say b-t-dub sometimes 2.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only with people I'm friends with, and who are around my age.

I say 'lawl' on purpose to come off as weird as possible. In general, making people uncomfortable IRL is good fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted yes because I think I do. I can't recall doing it, but I think it's something that I might do and probably have done.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    Ive heard people use it sarcastically, like when someone says a joke that doesnt go well someone might say ".....lol" - which i find funny tbh

Deleted
    i do, but well i'm dutch and here lol is just the word for fun, but spamming lol irl and people still look a bit weird at you...

Deleted
    I say it, but only to other people who play WoW (which is only my brother these days, omgmyfriendsquitwowisdyingohwrongthread). Would indeed sound weird around friends, I just laugh if it's funny enough to laugh about, and I don't if it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it annoys the fuck out of me, lol once belonged to a fe people who used it on the internet, then it kind of went mainstream and the word became redundant, it no longer means you laughed at what you said lol about, its a filler

same as the word troll, it means absolutely fuck all because its thrown about so much, the word epic is headed the same way, these words have become mainstream and mean less everytime someone says it out of context

plus, it sounds just plain stupid.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I catch myself using it quite often when among friends.

Deleted
    Sadly yes. Damn you internet!

The only time I even say something remotely close to 'lol' is 'lulwut?' when something really strange just happened.
    On a side note, my little sister uses it all of the time and it's so... wrong. She literally says "l_o_l" and it's so annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Depends on my audience. Mostly I get away with talking like that to my boyfriend; I would never use it with a family member or non-gaming friend, or at work. They'd look at me like I was an alien.
    Same here. Me and my boyfriend say it to each other sometimes, I use it with my nerdy college friends but I would never say it to anyone who I know wouldn't be so familiar with the term. I get away with saying it to my mum though.

I've said plenty of lawls and berbs when with the right company. Obviously it depends on the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    yeah lol. oh shit lol. damn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yunalezka View Post
    I normally say "lolololol" if I'm mocking someone who is trying to be funny.

My dad always looks at me strange though.
    exactly the same for me, when someone I know well says something that isn't really funny, I just go lolololololololololol, and they realize it wasn't funny at all!