10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm a 6'5 black man with an overly deep voice. I can understand the appeal.
    I can honestly say I did not expect that. I need to get in vent with you guys more often >.>
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    The only gripe I had (commoner, dead sister) was that the bad guys were REALLY obvious. Basically, anyone who didnt accede to my characters every immediate wish was a bad guy. And out of two characters who disagreed with me and Logan, oh, look. Both were evil.

Rather have a few more shades of grey.
    There was a female thief if you were a street rat during one of the personal stories that you could choose to fight. It wasn't completely obvious, it brought up dialogue and you picked an option, some of which happened to result in her wanting to cut your face off. I ended up not killing her (servers went down for maintenance while I was fighting her, came back up and I realized I could talk her out of working for who she was working with) and she came back during the story to basically say "Hey, I took your advise. You're about to be ambushed, just a heads up. *brofist*"
    I'm assuming she'll have some kind of small role later in the story, or can be found in your home district.. which is cool.
    I wouldn't say it's always black and white, it's too early to tell.

Deleted
    Hm, fair enough. I didnt really get any choices with mine, sadly. It was just: Someone who doesnt like the Seraph? Bad guy. Caught them, killed them. Someone saying he's a real soldier, not just a snob from the city like Logan? Bad guy. Attempted to kill, but wasnt high enough level before the weekend ended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sylvari and Asura are also monsters/creatures. -_-

It'll be fine, lol. God knows, there are plenty of games with worse story lines than this one. I can bear with GW2's stilted dialogues if I was able to stomach FFT:A.
    but humans are so boring and mainstream

Hm, fair enough. I didnt really get any choices with mine, sadly. It was just: Someone who doesnt like the Seraph? Bad guy. Caught them, killed them. Someone saying he's a real soldier, not just a snob from the city like Logan? Bad guy. Attempted to kill, but wasnt high enough level before the weekend ended.
    As I said, the choice was not obvious.
    It might have been an NPC you didn't even have to talk to but had the option to, for all I know. I was tired.
    All I know is I had the option to fight her or friend her, and I only clicked two of the 4 options.

So I just have a quick question from the beta wondering if it was just me being a noob at first or not. So is it me or does the Human Starting Area seem to have less events than the norn or charr area? Or maybe I was just a noob since I leveled a human first then got a concept for the game when I tried Norn and Charr but there Seemed to be more events going on the Charr Area and WAAAAYYYY More events in the Norn area. I know I can ping pong between the zones for the XP and Obviously for Skill points but I do want to Just do the Full Human area before I go to other zones but I felt behind in the human areas. By 1-3 Levels at times. I only caught back up because I did some WvW
    Last edited by degonite; 2012-05-02 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    As I said, the choice was not obvious.
    It might have been an NPC you didn't even have to talk to but had the option to, for all I know. I was tired.
    All I know is I had the option to fight her or friend her, and I only clicked two of the 4 options.
    Next beta, I have a challenge! See if I can go past those people without killing them!

Quote Originally Posted by degonite View Post
    So I just have a quick question from the beta wondering if it was just me being a noob at first or not. So is it me or does the Human Starting Area seem to have less events than the norn or charr area? Or maybe I was just a noob since I leveled a human first then got a concept for the game when I tried Norn and Charr but there Seemed to be more events going on the Charr Area and WAAAAYYYY More events in the Human area. I know I can ping pong between the zones for the XP and Obviously for Skill points but I do want to Just do the Full Human area before I go to other zones but I felt behind in the human areas. By 1-3 Levels at times. I only caught back up because I did some WvW
    Nope, Queensdale had plenty of hearts/DEs/skill points. It even had the only (I think) elite DE of the BWE, the Shadow Behemoth.
    Must have been because you hadn't discovered scouts yet at that point, but had in the Charr/norn areas. :P

Next beta, I have a challenge! See if I can go past those people without killing them!
    Almost sure you could avoid killing the guy who screwed over your sister's unit with at very least one of the four options. I picked ferocity, fully expecting him dead.. but shh.

For some reason, my female characters always end up evil. I swear, I don't mean anything by that. *shifty eyes*

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Queensdale had plenty of hearts/DEs/skill points. It even had the only (I think) elite DE of the BWE, the Shadow Behemoth.
    Must have been because you hadn't discovered scouts yet at that point, but had in the Charr/norn areas. :P
    There definitely was an elite event in the Norn area as well (the svarnir shaman / ice elemental). I heard that there was one in the Charr area as well, but I never tried that one myself.

I had his problem in the Human and Charr areas, but the Norn area was perfect. I made a Charr first, so it might have been better if I tried again since I knew how to look for scouts after I played for so many hours, but my hearts in the Charr and Human area started to get a couple levels above me. In the human area I even ran around to uncover the map but I wasn't finding any new scouts, and I did my personal story up to my level.

Deleted
    Almost sure you could avoid killing the guy who screwed over your sister's unit with at very least one of the four options. I picked ferocity, fully expecting him dead.. but shh.

For some reason, my female characters always end up evil. I swear, I don't mean anything by that. *shifty eyes*
    Mine always turn out good. Almost too good...

And actually, thinking about it, there were some choices that would have been a little different storyline, so they might have been less murder-ey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Ohhh! Ok, I thought you meant monsters as in animal creatures.
    I hope you don't find this offensive, but as someone who feels like most human races are boring in games (and I already play one in real life, so I often go for the 'monster race') I'm kinda curious to ask, can you explain why you feel that way?

I really love the creature races in pretty much every game, and I always wondered what makes people dislike them so much?
    I dunno. It doesn't really seem that fun to be a monster/creature. Suppose I got this awesome looking set of clothes to show off; http://i41.tinypic.com/28bw64x.jpg / http://i41.tinypic.com/5nsso.jpg

But I look like a cow/cat monster, have tentacles coming out of my head & blue skin or am hunched back troll w/ tusks... what in the hell.

Also I don't really desire to 'escape' by being something other than human. It seems a bizarre notion. I do enjoy being an awesome human/human-ish person. Elves [with reasonable ears, FUCK YOU WORLD OF WARCRAFT], Tieflings, Solars and such are acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    There definitely was an elite event in the Norn area as well (the svarnir shaman / ice elemental). I heard that there was one in the Charr area as well, but I never tried that one myself.
    I did that event, didn't think it qualified as an elite event.. could have sworn it was simply a difficult "group" event.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 04:14 PM ----------

have tentacles coming out of my head & blue skin
    I understand where you are coming from, Fencers, but you take back what you said about Liara. RIGHT. NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    2 in the Norn area. The Shaman/Elemental and the ice dragon.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 05:17 PM ----------

I understand where you are coming from, Fencers, but you take back what you said about Liara. RIGHT. NOW.
    Oh man, I hated her so much. As soon as I got to Durmond Kass I slave/shock collared that twerp all day!

I played my Sith extremely evil. >:]

Deleted

Also I don't really desire to 'escape' by being something other than human. It seems a bizarre notion. I do enjoy being an awesome human/human-ish person. Elves [with reasonable ears, FUCK YOU WORLD OF WARCRAFT], Tieflings, Solars and such are acceptable.
    I like being human, despite people claiming they're "dull". Besides, it makes more sense for Emily to be a human considering she actually was one.

From some of the polls I've seen it looks like Humans will be the most played race. I think that's kind of surprising, but it just shows how well they made the humans look.

http://i.imgur.com/WCgwl.png This poll was taken after the beta test.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-02 at 10:25 PM.

[/COLOR]Oh man, I hated her so much. As soon as I got to Durmond Kass I slave/shock collared that twerp all day!

I played my Sith extremely evil. >:]
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Liara_T'Soni
    Wrong Bioware game.. :P

Supposedly Dark Haven was the first to fill, or did I hear that wrong?
    It was one of the first to fill, and one of the more popular worlds because of Team Legacy (Team Liquid's GW2 chapter). I was also on it.

Deleted
    I dunno. It doesn't really seem that fun to be a monster/creature. Suppose I got this awesome looking set of clothes to show off; http://i41.tinypic.com/28bw64x.jpg / http://i41.tinypic.com/5nsso.jpg

But I look like a cow/cat monster, have tentacles coming out of my head & blue skin or am hunched back troll w/ tusks... what in the hell.

Oh, thanks for the answer. That seems really interesting and I never particularly thought of that point of view!
    I quite like animal like creatures, but not so much into the whole... tentacle/alien look thing.
    I actually think GW2 is the first time I'm half interested in playing a human character.
    I hope the races are pretty even, it'd be nice to see a little bit of everyone. =)

Ah, I only played ME1 for a few hours. Not into outer space stuff too much. Got boring.

I was referencing the tentacle head aliens from TOR.

http://www.torhead.com/npc/g4imKD1/vette#.