What are peoples views of lastability? Ie.. how long do we think this game will keep people occupied? I know from other games that there has been an issue where characters reach max level and then hit a wall where there is nothing to do. Are there similar fears about GW2? Is there an known expansion pack policy? I mean for the money you're paying, even if it keeps you occupied for a month.. that's good value for money considering some games can be completed in one day. But are they planning to keep people hooked for months and months?

Hooked? No. It's not built around hooking ppl. (Like the rat said, I just want out of the maze)
    There will expansions and more content. GW1 is evidence of this as it had a lot of new content quite quickly plus fixes etc every week. We can expect the first expansion after 6 months imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Hooked? No. It's not built around hooking ppl. (Like the rat said, I just want out of the maze)
    There will expansions and more content. GW1 is evidence of this as it had a lot of new content quite quickly plus fixes etc every week. We can expect the first expansion after 6 months imo.
    Are you serious? A game that took 5 years? I think we can expect the next expansion at 1,5 years.

Reason why is GW2 has many patches to come.

Crystal Desert

Ring of Fire Islands for example.

These won't be available upon release and I don't see them needing an expansion.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Cute video of somebody doing GW2 character creation with their 6 year old. Made me smile just thought I'd post it.
    Yay Richie Procopio from Gamebreaker :3

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Are you serious? A game that took 5 years? I think we can expect the next expansion at 1,5 years.

Reason why is GW2 has many patches to come.

Crystal Desert

Ring of Fire Islands for example.

These won't be available upon release and I don't see them needing an expansion.
    Think we're mixing up expansions and content patches. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    ...I don't see them taking a long time to churn out content tbh. I think major content will be released at 6 months at the latest, and yh by that I mean things like crystal desert and fire islands. I would expect even sooner than 6 months.
    An actual expansion would be much bigger and wouldn't expect that for a while.
    I honestly expect them to have largely designed (ofc not done a lot of game development yet though) for content patches and expansions). At the very least I expect they've mapped things out for the next couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Think we're mixing up expansions and content patches. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    ...I don't see them taking a long time to churn out content tbh. I think major content will be released at 6 months at the latest, and yh by that I mean things like crystal desert and fire islands. I would expect even sooner than 6 months.
    An actual expansion would be much bigger and wouldn't expect that for a while.
    I honestly expect them to have largely designed (ofc not done a lot of game development yet though) for content patches and expansions). At the very least I expect they've mapped things out for the next couple years.
    I'm seeing either Crystal Desert or Ring of fire islands being released in about 2-3 months yes with the other one following up in the same time period. Also I'm not sure if all of Orr is accessible.

I'm seeing either Crystal Desert or Ring of fire islands being released in about 2-3 months yes with the other one following up in the same time period. Also I'm not sure if all of Orr is accessible.
    3 months certainly has a nice (ring) to it There's a huge amount of Tyrian content that can be released. Think ppl will be very surprised by how quickly content comes out.
    Cantha and Elona, and who knows what else, will be much larger expansions I think.

Don't forget Maguuma and Far Shiverpeaks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Don't forget Maguuma and Far Shiverpeaks
    Maguuma and Far Shiverpeaks are both in game at release I believe.

Maguuma and Far Shiverpeaks are both in game at release I believe.
    The eastern edges of Maguuma seem to be, but not the vast majority of it, and the Far Shiverpeaks aren't because the Norn have been pushed south due to Jormag. Compare the maps on pages 1 and 5 from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...a-in-GW2/page5

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The eastern edges of Maguuma seem to be, but not the vast majority of it, and the Far Shiverpeaks aren't because the Norn have been pushed south due to Jormag. Compare the maps on pages 1 and 5 from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...a-in-GW2/page5
    Fair point, missed that picture. A lot more than I expected. Nice!

I would like more games like GW2 The Elder Wars, NWN 3, ME4 ... keep them coming.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    elder scrolls mmo?

woopwoop

Heres second part of my world vs world experience:

Warrior Gameplay

I really love it, its like an ongoing war, just cant stop fighting!
    It should be in HD but youtube doesnt wanna...

since you have played quite a bit of WvW, are there other waypoints than the one where you spawn at?
    Or can you make waypoints with supply?

I saw some gameplay demo on the NWN mmo from Pax a while ago, it actually looks pretty good.

It wasn't that trailer. Some girl from mmorpg.com was interviewing a couple of the developers and they were playing the game right there. It looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I saw some gameplay demo on the NWN mmo from Pax a while ago, it actually looks pretty good.
    Really? All the footage I have seen of the game looked horribly dated and just kinda awful. By any chance would you happen to know how to find the video you are referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFpx8AiNsY is the closest I can find to the MMORPG interview w/ gameplay that Doozer mentioned.

"We are an action combat MMORPG..."

Let the Guild Wars 2 clones commence!