Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I mean, I wanted him to be as huge as it'd be almost hilarious but terrifying to see him ingame, he's huge indeed but could've been way bigger. :P
    He's a champion, not an Elder Dragon. >.>
    He's just a mid-level elite DE, not the final boss of the expansion.
    You can quite easily see how big he is by searching "The Shatterer" on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8GJcGIVbI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVLclPDCBE

Looks gigantic to me. Compared to the riding on Deathwing's back in the Spine of Deathwing encounter, I'd say he's just as large, and he's still considered small by Tyrian standards.
    Wait a second, this isn't the Elder Dragon? Oh fuck, wait a second. I really thought this was a Elder Dragon (but it was a look-alike of The Shatterer, that I thought also was lame).

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He's a champion, not an Elder Dragon. >.>
    He's just a mid-level elite DE, not the final boss of the expansion.
    You can quite easily see how big he is by searching "The Shatterer" on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8GJcGIVbI
    I thought it was a Elder Dragon :/ I knew of "The Shatterer" since we first saw him approximately a year ago or more :P I thought they had been lazy and made one of the Elder Dragons look like him but bigger... :P God I got happy again

I thought it was a Elder Dragon :/ I knew of "The Shatterer" since we first saw him approximately a year ago or more :P I thought they had been lazy and made one of the Elder Dragons look like him but bigger... :P God I got happy again
    We definitely haven't known anet to take the lazy route so far.
    Plus, the first elder dragon we'll likely actually SEE is Zhaitan, since he is the main enemy in the base game. Would be silly if they showed us Kralkatorrik before him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    We definitely haven't known anet to take the lazy route so far.
    Plus, the first elder dragon we'll likely actually SEE is Zhaitan, since he is the main enemy in the base game. Would be silly if they showed us Kralkatorrik before him.
    I know all of that. And I love Anet for not being as lazy as a company I won't mention atm
    But when I saw Destiny's Edge together I just connected it that way in anticipation of seeing the Elder Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second, this isn't the Elder Dragon? Oh fuck, wait a second. I really thought this was a Elder Dragon (but it was a look-alike of The Shatterer, that I thought also was lame).
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shatterer

The Shatterer is a rank given to a lieutenant and champion of Kralkatorrik. At any given time, there's only a single dragon of this rank; once a Shatterer dies, the title moves on to a different dragon
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Hey guys, it's quite late at night here, and I'm assuming you're all playing the stress test, but I thought I should come up here and thank you for the nostromo conversation. Right before the stress test my boyfriend gave me one, and I got to try it and although I'm not used to it... it's amazing. It's super comfortable and it helps my wrists a lot. Thank you very much for the recommendation!

Hope you had a nice time in the stress test... I played a bit and didn't have any crashes *shock*!

I got 2 mystic keys from random loot in 1 hour playtime with my guardian. Seems they have increased the droprate

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this pretty much sums up my beta experience.

I got a lot of weird looks for looking like an orange-clad Santa claus wielding a flintlock, my framerate was jerky at the best of times, and the game looked a bit muddy at low settings, but you know what?
    I still enjoyed the hell out of it; As someone who usually plays melee classes due to ranged feeling clunky in MMOs, I can finally do what I wanted to do in these games all along: Be a dude with big goggles, a bigger gun, and an even bigger beard.

Shame I didn't get a chance to really try and break the game though (it is a beta, after all!), I thought I was on to something jumping along the edges of a statue, then it ended abruptly.

Edit: Oh, I like how you can evade melee attacks without even dodging by utilizing crafty movement, too, that's a nice touch. I don't know if it's intentional, but I like it.

Edit 2: By the way, are there any other people with an AMD chip here? I've heard they have optimization problems, and my beta experience seems to ring true for this; I'd like to know if anyone has had a smoother experience than I have on AMD.
    Last edited by EdisonTrent; 2012-05-15 at 01:24 AM.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...earnings_call/

http://222.122.46.97/ct/ncsoft/20120515/ncsoft.html

Summary from not me(Lizardneck Gfaqs):
    "- GW2 is still on track for release in the second half of the year (EDIT: They said later that they don't think the timing will be "too much delayed." The most narrowed date they've given us before now was back with the Q3 call: "latter but not too late part of the year." So, assuming they're still referring to that time frame, this probably means they're still expecting a Q3/early Q4 release, but the early part of Q3 might be ruled out.)

They have reached their internal goals for sales so far."

So October release?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So October release?
    *edit* See Rivehns post below
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-15 at 02:49 AM.

No earlier than September I believe. You don't release a major MMO when kids are on summer break.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could release it mid august.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Edit 2: By the way, are there any other people with an AMD chip here? I've heard they have optimization problems, and my beta experience seems to ring true for this; I'd like to know if anyone has had a smoother experience than I have on AMD.
    Running an AMD FX-4100, but at stock (non overclocked) settings. Wasn't really experiencing issues, per se. It wasn't as pretty as it could be, even when telling it to run "higher" settings, but framerates were stable and enjoyable. Can't wait to see my HD6870 tear this apart.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    "When speaking about fiscal earnings, they are talking fiscal years. http://en.wikipedia....r#United_States Quarter 3 ends June 30, and Quarter 4 ends September 30."
    Someone else in that thread pointed out that they could be going by the Korean fiscal year, which apparently matches up with the calender.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-15 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    pfwuh noo October is way to far away *rips out hair*

I'm with Fencers in that I seriously doubt they would release it in the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Mine was a bit choppy whenever I ended up in areas with, essentially, 10 or more people. Which doesn't bode well for WvW if that doesn't improve...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Someone else in that thread pointed out that they could be going by the Korean fiscal year, which apparently matches up with the calender.
    Yeah it does. A quick Google ended my "I am so smart" moment a financial reports ago.

Deleted
    I hope its out in august