Dolyaks gave me lots of XP in WvW, though they're quite boring at times, when they are not defended/attacked

It makes sense that skill points (and experience) are still earned after 80; first, it's how GW1 does it, and second (more important even) it makes it so the Survivor achievement (title?) is achievable even at 80. Sure, it takes away a bit of the meaning, but it brings it in line with the post-change version of the same title in GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Dolyaks gave me lots of XP in WvW, though they're quite boring at times, when they are not defended/attacked
    How could you attack a Dolyak D:
    They're such gentle giants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    How could you attack a Dolyak D:
    They're such gentle giants.
    But they're filled with sweet, juicy Experience! It's like not smacking a pinata. You just can't do it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    and second (more important even) it makes it so the Survivor achievement (title?) is achievable even at 80. Sure, it takes away a bit of the meaning, but it brings it in line with the post-change version of the same title in GW1.
    I'm not sure I get the Survivor achievement, I think it was bugged for me. Counted thousands of xp although I died a moment before.

I'd rearrange the order on the Ash and Blood, but I'm actually starting to jump on the Iron Legion wagon here in the past few days. I do a little writing about my characters when I'm bored, nothing structured that I save, but as he's a pistol thief, it's been much more fun to this point to have him closest to Iron legion. He works on his own firearms, perfecting tactics and loading his own cartridges, always learning how to better and perfect his pistols.

Besides, with the exception of the occasional Stealth heal, I'm not a very sneaky player. Guns are loud.
    Yea, Iron all the way!

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Finally, someone else who apparently has dyslexia**.
    Pretty sure you guys meant to type 'Ash>Blood>Iron.'
    It's okay though, I forgive you.
    Pretty sure ur waaaay off the mark. Thats ok, i forgive you

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm not sure I get the Survivor achievement, I think it was bugged for me. Counted thousands of xp although I died a moment before.
    Assuming we mean GW2 (and I think it holds true in GW1 too, but it's been a while since I've checked), I believe the survivor title will count the largest amount of xp between deaths; it doesn't reset on death, but the progress towards it does. ie, if you get to 55000 xp then die, your achievement will stay at 55000 but you won't make further progress in it until you've gained more than 55000 xp since your last death.
    (And as of this post, Maarius, we have the same number of posts).

Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Assuming we mean GW2 (and I think it holds true in GW1 too, but it's been a while since I've checked), I believe the survivor title will count the largest amount of xp between deaths; it doesn't reset on death, but the progress towards it does. ie, if you get to 55000 xp then die, your achievement will stay at 55000 but you won't make further progress in it until you've gained more than 55000 xp since your last death.
    (And as of this post, Maarius, we have the same number of posts).
    aah, makes sense now thanks!
    lol @ numbers ^^

You guys see this?

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/15...hmentId=157726

^ Predicts the GW2 will be out by Thanksgiving in the US. It is an NCSoft projected earnings report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You guys see this?

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/15...hmentId=157726

^ Predicts the GW2 will be out by Thanksgiving in the US. It is an NCSoft projected earnings report.

''And we anticipate that Guild Wars 2 will be rolled out in the US and
    Europe before the Thanksgiving holiday.'' Yyyup ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    November? Motherfucker. Oh well... guess it gives me more time to acquire more gaming hardware. Perhaps by then I can get SLI 690s. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised at all. I voted for a cautious September a while back, but that's mostly because everybody will jump on you for going double-digit.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/gui...ving-in-tyria/

Gamebreaker vid about it too. From the April report they're saying ncsoft is predicting 3.21 million copies to be sold this year.

3.2 mil. Nice!

Game should be rather good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, guess I'll have to sit through the yearly video game drout in pain. Nothing good really good coming out this year anytime soon. Bioshock infinite got pushed back to 013 which makes me sadface all over. I guess there's pedestrians creed 3 but that's only one game. WOE IS THE LIFE OF A GAMER!

Well, it's better than Dec anyway xD
    And that would be a nice number of sales if they made it. Makes me wonder what the pre-purchase figure is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Sigh, guess I'll have to sit through the yearly video game drout in pain. Nothing good really good coming out this year anytime soon
    Torchlight 2! Path of Exile! Hawken! Wildstar! Neverwinter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Torchlight 2! Path of Exile! Hawken! Wildstar! Neverwinter!
    Torchlight 2 is meh to me. Path of exile as well. Dunno what hawken is. Wildstar has a release date? As does neverwinter?

before the BWE2 I played Diablo 3 every free hour, after BWE2 I have no motivation to play it anymore, only surfing gw2 forums