10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    before the BWE2 I played Diablo 3 every free hour, after BWE2 I have no motivation to play it anymore, only surfing gw2 forums
    Similar route I've taken, actually. All I've been playing since the weekend is Paladog. (Cool little mobile game.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Torchlight 2! Path of Exile! Hawken! Wildstar! Neverwinter!
    I wish I could get excited for some of those games. But none of those peak my interest. Even AC3 doesn't excite me and I was a huge Assassins Creed fan. Only thing besides GW2 that I'm remotely interested in is Borderlands 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    before the BWE2 I played Diablo 3 every free hour, after BWE2 I have no motivation to play it anymore, only surfing gw2 forums
    I've been doing this and trying to draw mine and my hubby's characters.

...sylvari are evil to draw. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Torchlight 2! Path of Exile! Hawken! Wildstar! Neverwinter!
    Sleeping Dogs! Borderlands 2! XCOM: Enemy Unknown! Dishonored! Assassin's Creed III!

I don't think I realized there was so much hate and desire for GW2 to fail until I read the recent threads about SWTOR possibly going f2p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't think I realized there was so much hate and desire for GW2 to fail until I read the recent threads about SWTOR possibly going f2p
    In all fairness, that's probably what would save the game.

wondered how long before the words 'swtor' and 'f2p' would end up in this section.
    You saw the thread yourself...people overhype a game then realise it doesnt live up to expectations....gw2 wont be any different. It will have just as much whine threads as every other game has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    wondered how long before the words 'swtor' and 'f2p' would end up in this section.
    You saw the thread yourself...people overhype a game then realise it doesnt live up to expectations....gw2 wont be any different. It will have just as much whine threads as every other game has.
    I think it'll get even more trashtalk. I can see GW2 selling more copies than SWTOR due to GW1 being very successful, and gw2 not having a sub fee.
    A lot of people who buy it will not like it, since it's a bit different. The amount of hype around the internet also doesn't bode well.
    It's a great game, and I'm going to love it, but a lot of people will be disappointed, no way around it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think it'll get even more trashtalk. I can see GW2 selling more copies than SWTOR due to GW1 being very successful, and gw2 not having a sub fee.
    A lot of people who buy it will not like it, since it's a bit different. The amount of hype around the internet also doesn't bode well.
    It's a great game, and I'm going to love it, but a lot of people will be disappointed, no way around it.
    The way I see it is this: The people who are educated on the product they're purchasing will not be disappointed. Everyone else? Well they get what they deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another client update got pushed.
    Claimed to be a bit over 400mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Another client update got pushed.
    Claimed to be a bit over 400mb.
    I'm starting to freak out, I just did a bunch of Fraps footage, and the total was something like 300 GB, and now I have only about 100 GB space left on my hard drive. I've never been in this kind of situation before. >:O

Of course, I could just delete the footage once I'm compressed it... but what will I do until then?!!?!?

edit: Actually on that subject, does anyone know a high quality video format to render to? .wmv is bad, .mp4 or .mpg have really crappy quality, and .avi just wont run at all with Windows Media Player. It doesn't even need to be something compressed. I just want to delete the overwhelming amount of useless video files I have without picking through each one to make sure I don't need it.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-15 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm starting to freak out, I just did a bunch of Fraps footage, and the total was something like 300 GB, and now I have only about 100 GB space left on my hard drive. I've never been in this kind of situation before. >:O

Of course, I could just delete the footage once I'm compressed it... but what will I do until then?!!?!?
    Reformat entire comp! I just did that this week lol, feels good to have almost a tb of space again...but I didn't really have anything important on my computer.

Reformat entire comp! I just did that this week lol, feels good to have almost a tb of space again...but I didn't really have anything important on my computer.
    I have an amazon tab open as we speak right now to a 1 TB hard drive.

I'd like that reassurance that I'll never run out of space.

How could you attack a Dolyak D:
    They're such gentle giants.
    dolyaks been my arch nemesis since GW, i must kill them before they kill me.

10+ Year Old Account

edit: Actually on that subject, does anyone know a high quality video format to render to? .wmv is bad, .mp4 or .mpg have really crappy quality, and .avi just wont run at all with Windows Media Player. It doesn't even need to be something compressed. I just want to delete the overwhelming amount of useless video files I have without picking through each one to make sure I don't need it.
    H264 is about the best quality vs size you'll get.

H264 is about the best quality vs size you'll get.
    Yes, but like I said .avi just wont run at all with WMP. It plays at basically half speed. The actual file is fine, say if I uploaded it to Youtube though.

Why you usin WMP? Go VLC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but like I said .avi just wont run at all with WMP. It plays at basically half speed. The actual file is fine, say if I uploaded it to Youtube though.
    Output it in an MKV container

Output it in an MKV container
    I've basically demonstrated the entire breadth of my knowledge with this subject, how the hell do I do that dearest Mif?

Deleted
    I'd just buy 2-3 1TB externals. :P