Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So are we going to have to worry about our accounts being hacked? I've used an authenticator on 3 other mmos(wow, rift, swtor), and I don't really mind entering numbers to log in. And since we will be adding our credit card info directly into the game to purchase gems, I was just curious how secure our info will be.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've looked at most of these forums and couldn't find anything about this.
    I'm going to be honest here, you should always worry a bit about your accounts being hacked.
    We don't know anything about authenticators at the moment, so no one can really give you a very straight answer, however information should be secured with Anet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok thank you for the quick reply. So excited about the BWE and game launch!!!
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I'm going to be honest here, you should always worry a bit about your accounts being hacked.
    We don't know anything about authenticators at the moment, so no one can really give you a very straight answer, however information should be secured with Anet.
    I kinda agree and disagree on this, if you take the right precautions you will never ever be hacked at all, and with an authenticator people still get hacked on the games that have it.

Security has a lot to do with what you yourself does to stop it.
    My ex brother in law did not understand how he could get hacked, but he was paying some chinese dude to level his character...

Deleted
    I guess it always can happen, that your account get hacket or something - wether you use services like leveling or buying gold or not
    My account once got hacket, even I don't use them though~

sometimes it's like getting robbed I guess XD
    you're just at the wrong playe at the wrong time ^^

Hmm.. Today I got my 5th birthday present in Guild Wars 1 on one of my characters, and it got me thinking - Will we get rewards every 12 months for our characters like we did in GW1, in GW2 aswell? Have there been any word about that?
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-07-19 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Hmm.. Today I got my 5th birthday present in Guild Wars 1 on one of my character, and it got me thinking - Will we get rewards every 12 months for our characters like we did in GW1, in GW2 aswell? Have there been any word about that?
    I believe they said in a video interview at one point that yes, we'll get birthday presents...but Mif will need to find that source

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

so far i don't think they've said anything about birthday presents besides that it will make a return in GW2.

I could be remembering wrongly though.

Deleted
    Heh , yesterday I got mini Krait from 4th birthday present. In 2 months there should be 4th present on my pre-ascalon alt Already got Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh from last year. The only gold pet from present and t is in pre-ascalon :P. I remember making money on minipets <3 Hope there will be presents in gw2 too.

Haha, in the Asura opening cinematic the Asura shouts "Reciprocity!".

That made me laugh harder than "Machiavellian!". Perhaps it is a subtle call back to Portal 2. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Uhhh look at this.
    Trading Post
    Dyes are now tradable in the Black Lion Trading Post.
    Source

Heh, get ready for the black and white dye price hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm actually pretty happy about dyes being tradable. No point having a rare dye if it's one you know you'll never use. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm actually pretty happy about dyes being tradable. No point having a rare dye if it's one you know you'll never use. =P
    Oh I agree. Just commenting that just like in GW1, the black and white dyes will be the hot commodity.

I liked white on certain things, was never a fan of "omg all black look super cool".

I usually ran with whatever color my Divine Aura (Prophecies CE) was for the character, thus a Ritualist in full teal, etc. Looked much better (usually spent more money trying to color blend anyways) than just plain old black.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I liked white on certain things, was never a fan of "omg all black look super cool".
    My favorite armor was my Dervish Primeval that was dyed all black.

Deleted
    I want black and red But as a charr, the default dark grey and red look fine so heh. Not that bothered.

My favorite armor was my Dervish Primeval that was dyed all black.
    This.
    Well, that was my favorite DERVISH armor. My favorite armor overall would be the Norn armor for rangers in full white on a male.

10+ Year Old Account
    All items for sale must be posted for a unit price that is above the vendor value of the item (if the item has a vendor value).
    Damn. I made so much money in the last 2 BWEs flipping stuff from the trading post to vendors. At one point I made 10 gold in an hour.

/evil Asura grin

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 07:06 AM ----------

Also, this:
    1800 gems to transfer to a high population world
    1000 gems to transfer to a medium population world
    500 gems to transfer to a low population world
    is quite clever

Deleted
    That is very clever indeed!
    It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.