From what i have seen not all spells are projectile. Some seem to instantly hit. I would also imagine the timing to dodge an attack would not make it possible to dodge every attack. Plus its not just ranged attacks, with proper timing you can roll away from a melee attack aswell. Though it would still be easier to dodge ranged.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    No beta date yet?
    Afraid all we got right now is second half of the year. I would assume a beta announcement at Pax which is in August.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    Afraid all we got right now is second half of the year. I would assume a beta announcement at Pax which is in August.
    We can hope. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathrall View Post
    We can hope. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I think we all are.

Pax is a pretty big event, so we should be getting a lot of info from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    I think we all are.

Pax is a pretty big event, so we should be getting a lot of info from them.
    *crosses fingers for imminent beta/Q4 release date*

This information drought is killing me right now... gief something!

Gamescom is a week before Pax, I'm sure any announcements would be given then.

For all the "E3" People Anet is not there, and they will most likely never be there. Why? Cause there are no gamers there just journalists (which ofc could be gamers) and it goes against some of their philosophies too go to a convetion that isn't avaible for all!

10+ Year Old Account
    To keep this thread alive...

What inspiration do you think the armor in GW2 will have? In terms of historic periods I mean because in Guild Wars 1 was more less medieval themed (with the exception of Ele's and perhaps Mesmers) so do you think that this time around it could have a more Renaissance or Victorian theme if, culturally, Tyria follows the same style development of the Western World?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Well from the videos I've seen lots of jackets and other more western (wild west) type of armors. I think there will be a wide range, from the fantastic to the 18th century explorer type armor.

Btw, fantastic interview today just came up today. It's a long read but worth it if you are a fan.

ArenaNet Developer Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Those were in GW1 as well, the Rangers had jackets.

Overall I don't think we'll see any real progression in armor, I found the GW1 diverse and not really set in any one time.
    Yeah a lot of the EotN ranger armors were like that. I agree that GW armors were quite diverse.

While we felt the elementalist was good, it was only 8 out of 10. We want everything to be as good as it can possibly be and there wasn’t enough synergy and decision making on the elementalist.
    Love this quote from the interview

Aye, and also about the Ranger pets, seems like they are revamping a lot of that profession. However, I pretty much knew the game won't be out till 2012 but reading through that interview makes it seem the game is a bit further out than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well from the videos I've seen lots of jackets and other more western (wild west) type of armors. I think there will be a wide range, from the fantastic to the 18th century explorer type armor.

Btw, fantastic interview today just came up today. It's a long read but worth it if you are a fan.

Probably thief and ranger gear. I just hope they avoid plate bikinis and half naked female characters, i feel sorry for any dev that makes that kind of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we felt the elementalist was good, it was only 8 out of 10. We want everything to be as good as it can possibly be and there wasn’t enough synergy and decision making on the elementalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Love this quote from the interview
    Agreed. That's awesome. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Probably thief and ranger gear. I just hope they avoid plate bikinis and half naked female characters, i feel sorry for any dev that makes that kind of shit.
    HEY! Don't forget:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    HEY! Don't forget:

Let me direct you here.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-06-10 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Agreed. That's awesome. =)
    I love when devs say things like this. If arent 100% satisfied with the game why should i even bother with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    *img*
    Off Topic but thats probably the cleanest picture that you could find from that show. Its called queens blade and 1 minute in clothes just vanish

It will probably...

Final profession announcement.

More PVP information.

Some PVE information.

Beta date announcement.

And they have said release will be shortly after beta.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    It will probably...

Final profession announcement.

More PVP information.

Some PVE information.

Beta date announcement.

And they have said release will be shortly after beta.
    There will be few major events this year, judging by time available and how many times they can present the game i personally think that

1. Sylvari redesign revealed and Engineer available, you can do both at the same time probably anyway, wouldn't make sence to reveal last profession wen there's 0 gameplay of Engineer.
    2. Last profession
    3. More into PvE and both PvP aspects
    4. Closed->Open beta
    5. Madness Incarnate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

Superb interview. I only wish it was a little longer

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice thread! Now, I should probably read more than the OP, but I don't have enough time right now, so I got a question. Will there be any RP servers? If not, did the GW 1 have an unoficial RP community? Just because this game has a HUGE potential for that, and I'm going to get it as soon as it's released (Never played the first one)