I see the living story as similar to how the War in Kryta was implemented in GW1. It evolves over time, because the story is continuing rather than being 100% implemented at day 1. Sure, it means that you need to keep coming back to the game, rather than finishing the story in one shot, but I see no problem with that -- either you're invested in the game and story, or you're not. If you're not, no need to return, if you are, then there's more to do than just the living story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

If Living Story culminates with content being added to Southsun Cove (so that it's actually desirable to be there) then I'll be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    If Living Story culminates with content being added to Southsun Cove (so that it's actually desirable to be there) then I'll be pleased.
    I don't think they go that road, it's a lv.80 area and the living story is for everyone - not only lv.80s. Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau are low level areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I don't think they go that road, it's a lv.80 area and the living story is for everyone - not only lv.80s. Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau are low level areas.
    They upleveled people last time, no reason why they couldn't this time as well. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to me for the refugees to talk about moving to Southsun and then not doing anything there, especially since lack of content since the Lost Shores event has been a complaint.

They upleveled people last time, no reason why they couldn't this time as well. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to me for the refugees to talk about moving to Southsun and then not doing anything there, especially since lack of content since the Lost Shores event has been a complaint.
    You have a point there

They move to Southsun Cove by the end of it, the living story is over and when they reach level 80 they can go like "Hey guys, I helped you once and stuff!" Everyone is happy!

Does anyone know how the monthly jumping puzzle achievement works? Does it have to be 12 different puzzles? Can I do the same puzzle on different characters and get credit each time? Or can I do the same puzzle on the same character with daily resets and have it count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how the monthly jumping puzzle achievement works? Does it have to be 12 different puzzles? Can I do the same puzzle on different characters and get credit each time? Or can I do the same puzzle on the same character with daily resets and have it count?
    12 different puzzles over the month. It's shared so you can't do the same puzzle on an alt and get credit, but you can do some puzzles on alts and some on your main if you like.
    Valar morghulis

Boo. And why doesn't SAB count? ;_;

I don't even think I know of 12 separate puzzles. Whenever it's the daily I usually hit up the one in Wayfarer's or Queensdale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm not as down on the living story as you guys seem to be. And I love the idea behind the incremental updates that go along with it. It's certainly a departure from the big patch every 5 to 6 months that usually occur in MMOs. I do hope the story progresses beyond the couple of areas that they currently have though.
    I agree, i really liked "The Razing" . Can't wait to see how it ends on the last part.

Deleted
    Some tents are now in SSC.

I must say that the "ban message" from GW2 is very obnoxious. You simply get a "Banned because of X. Access will be restored in Y hours."

With no more info, no e-mail no message in your inbox on the forums just that simple message. Nothing about appealing or anything (I know you can make a support ticket but not everyone does) or just a screenshot/logs of why you are banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I must say that the "ban message" from GW2 is very obnoxious. You simply get a "Banned because of X. Access will be restored in Y hours."

With no more info, no e-mail no message in your inbox on the forums just that simple message. Nothing about appealing or anything (I know you can make a support ticket but not everyone does) or just a screenshot/logs of why you are banned.
    hmm this came outa nowhere u got banned?

Oh no I got banned for language which is totally deserved (long story short I was playing with dip shits and I called them that,pvp is frustrating especially without (working) mmr and having 4v5's every other game and being teamed up with people who are 30ranks below you). I just find it weird that you don't get an e-mail or something with more details and a message as of where to appeal (I don't mean to since I sort of deserve the ban).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Oh no I got banned for language which is totally deserved (long story short I was playing with dip shits and I called them that,pvp is frustrating especially without (working) mmr and having 4v5's every other game and being teamed up with people who are 30ranks below you). I just find it weird that you don't get an e-mail or something with more details and a message as of where to appeal (I don't mean to since I sort of deserve the ban).
    i agree with you. its kinda rude to just say: "u are banned" without a reason

So finally seeing this Super Adventure Box thing, is this a permanent thing or is this disappearing like the Clock Tower did?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

it's there for all of april

they will update it and it will return sometime with more stuff in it

now it may sound a little blasphemous but I was never really a fan of those games back then. I think this is cool with the novelty of it, and I do enjoy the jumping puzzles part of it (Fencers eat your heart out) but I'm not as gaga with it like a lot of folks are. It's cool that it's there but I'm not going out of my way to get any of the skins and such from it.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-04-05 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it's there for all of april

they will update it and it will return sometime with more stuff in it

now it may sound a little blasphemous but I was never really a fan of those games back then. I think this is cool with the novelty of it, and I do enjoy the jumping puzzles part of it (Fencers eat your heart out) but I'm not as gaga with it like a lot of folks are. It's cool that it's there but I'm not going out of my way to get any of the skins and such from it.
    I feel like you don't actually like video games. As a medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I feel like you don't actually like video games. As a medium.
    Why would you feel that? I mean it's not my favorite hobby (I much prefer sports for example) but I do enjoy video games. I will admit that strategy games are my favorite style (i.e Myth) and I prefer an FPS over other types of games but I certainly enjoy video games. Otherwise I wouldn't even be on forums such as this.

Ok so i just read through the 1576 pages in this thread, it took me 11 hours, and I didn't see the answer to my question: "how do I open my bags?"