Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I generally don't have this problem since literally all but one of my characters are in berserker. However, engineer hasn't been as cut and dry.

The Firearms trait line is essentially the same as necromancer's Curses in that it's precision/condition damage. I wanted a turret build and that's all in Inventions, which is toughness/healing. According to the wiki, turret direct damage isn't affected by character stats, but condition damage is, which leads me to believe I should focus on condition damage more than power. Unfortunately, turrets can't crit so precision (as far as I can tell) is only helping my rifle attacks. I'll have to check and see what her crit % is.

I can't seem to find much in the way of "Rabid" gear though. It looks like a prefix that's just on accessories and weapons? I'm thinking Carrion is maybe what I need though since I'm lacking in vitality as a stat and precision is going to be of limited usefulness to me, although, I suppose having more power is always useful as well.
    Someone has run the numbers and Rabid is a bit better than Carrion:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/.../#entry2211561

I have built up a Rabid set from Karma and use Zerker jewels and Giver's weapons. I also have a zerker armor set. It depends on a few things. Karma sets are cheaper than other sets but to complete the set you need Grenth to be up which can be a pain.

Edit - It also comes down to play style (I get hit a bit because I am slow ) and also the types of groups you are in and how long the mobs take to die. Zerker is better if things die quickly, the others tend to come into their own the longer things stay alive.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2013-06-20 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Karma sets are cheaper than other sets but to complete the set you need Grenth to be up which can be a pain.
    Ah, I was wondering where to get the helm & boots with the rabid stats. So, Grenth has the boots, still can't seem to find the helm though.

Is there an exotic rabid back piece from anywhere?

Side note: I really wish the karma gear wasn't soulbind on acquire. I have 4 characters with Orr map completion, my engineer isn't one of them. >_<
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-20 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Medium Armor, Rabid gear:
    Head: Balthazar
    Shoulders: Infiltration (Gates of Arah)
    Chest : Grenth and Infiltration (Gates of Arah)
    Hands: Balthazar and Infiltration (Gates of Arah)
    Legs: Melandru, Grenth, Lyssa and Infiltration (Gates of Arah)
    Feet: Grenth
    Back: Dwayna

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equi...by_stats#Karma

Ah, I was wondering where to get the helm & boots with the rabid stats. So, Grenth has the boots, still can't seem to find the helm though.

Side note: I really wish the karma gear wasn't soulbind on acquire. I have 4 characters with Orr map completion, my engineer isn't one of them. >_<
    Balthazar has the helm:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exotic_karma_armor

Back is at Dwayna:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rabid_Spineguard

I normally spend my karma on boxes. If I need to use Karma on an alt then I save the daily jugs for that. It's quite easy to get 200k+ of karma from jugs with the various boosts available.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Apparently it's not recommended to look at the wiki when you're tired. :P I (thought I) scoured that site last night and couldn't find some of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I normally spend my karma on boxes. If I need to use Karma on an alt then I save the daily jugs for that. It's quite easy to get 200k+ of karma from jugs with the various boosts available.
    I have 300+ karma jugs saved since they (annoyingly) don't make karma account bound.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-06-21 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Apparently it's not recommended to look at the wiki when you're tired. :P I (thought I) scoured that site last night and couldn't find some of those things.

I have 300+ karma jugs saved since they (annoyingly) don't make karma account bound.
    Did they change them? I`ve 200+ in bank & they were account bound last time I paid any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Did they change them? I`ve 200+ in bank & they were account bound last time I paid any attention.
    the jugs and other karma potions are account bound

Lane is talking about actual Karma

So i found Diedre's Steps at random today, i was surprised. The game is almost 1 year old, i've played since day 1 and i never knew about the secret gardens..

Oh god A-net's funny with their patches.
    Eles are hilarious "cantrips are broken let's fix it" => nerf cantrips.
    "everyone has to use cantrips for stunbreakers" => reduce cantrip cd
    oh the logic...
    New grandmaster trait – Fresh Air: Critical strikes will now recharge Air Attunement. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.
    Phoenix: Doubled the velocity. Added an unblockable skill fact.
    Oh guys, everyone's running s/d let's make sure their best burst combo gets buffed!

Let's nerf rangers even more!
    I cba to call out all their frigin retardedness this time...

and the new warrior build will be 30/25/0/10/5
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-06-21 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Eles are hilarious "cantrips are broken let's fix it" => nerf cantrips.
    "everyone has to use cantrips for stunbreakers" => reduce cantrip cd
    oh the logic...
    New grandmaster trait – Fresh Air: Critical strikes will now recharge Air Attunement. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.
    Phoenix: Doubled the velocity. Added an unblockable skill fact.
    Oh guys, everyone's running s/d let's make sure their best burst combo gets buffed!

I cba to call out all their frigin retardedness this time...
    how were cantrips broken? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    how were cantrips broken? O_o
    They were "fixed"(nerfed) which means a-net considered them broken.

They were "fixed"(nerfed) which means a-net considered them broken.
    I don't think so, they nerved them in order to make more builds viable. At the moment most players used cantrips, because they were quite effective. This doesn't mean that they were broken.

Deleted
    I have to say, the Cleansing fire nerf is one of the most retarded moves idiotnet have ever done, & they do excel at retardedness.
    Nobody I know of uses it for the AoE fire & it`s extremely rare anyone ever uses it to cleanse something.
    It`s main purpose is to remove immobilisers, because an ele can die in one immobilisation.

To remove that from the spell is just /facepalmdeskfloor worthy.

It is also the only spell that can do so, as armour of earth, mist form & lightning flash don`t.

As for giving thieves even more damage, the new condition.
    Idiotnet really need to log this game once in a while...

bla
    as long as you call Anet Idionet I can't take you seriously. This is just childish behaviour and achieves nothing. Also nothing constructive about your post, just QQ. Grow up.

If you don't like a post, you can just not reply to it.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you don't like a post, you can just not reply to it.

Food for thought.
    if he is free to state his opinion, I'm free to state mine. I'm open to his criticism and ready to reply when it's posted constructively without being insulting. And I want him to know this. Maybe then we can have a good constructive discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    if he is free to state his opinion, I'm free to state mine. I'm open to his criticism and ready to reply when it's posted constructively without being insulting. And I want him to know this. Maybe then we can have a good constructive discussion.
    That's fine as long as you are respectful & not instigating negative argument.

I am not wearing my mod hat here just yet. But ya'know, mind yourselves.

Deleted
    Idiotnet really need to log this game once in a while...
    I have to agree.
    When this game was still on development I wrote in this forum that Anet would do an amazing job at balancing, I mean they did a good job on GW1 and GW2 is away more limited in terms of customization.
    I was wrong. This game is just an imbalanced mess and each patch turns everything worse.

Are the patch notes out? o_O

Dare I ask?

and the new warrior build will be 30/25/0/10/5
    You should just post all of the new 'best' builds for every class since I think at least half of my alts are based off of them anyway. :P

Are the patch notes out? o_O

They are arguing over unofficial patch notes some guy 'leaked' on Reddit.