Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Looks like a standard condition mancer using Dhuum Fire (or w/e it's called). (Regeneration gives the trick away...)
    What is the "standard" conditionmancer build? People say that, but a search (again) pops up with several different versions, some not including Dhuumfire at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    He's a commander of one of the top WvW teams in the game. Makes sense from a competitive point of view not to blab it everywhere.
    He already shared and has a thread devoted to his WvW build, which isn't what he's using for the gauntlet.

Deleted
    Heard a few rave about this kids necro gameplay.
    Warning, loooooong clip.

As for giving builds/gear set ups away, done that countless times in WvWs when smited someone & they want to know how.
    Hell, most on friends list are from enemy servers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh no, I totally get it. No judgement here.

I'm just jealous that I don't have an Engineer to do it with. =D
    I just made an engineer to level for the magitech armor... Character 9, but technically my elementalist isn't max yet so may finish that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Heard a few rave about this kids necro gameplay.
    Yeah, I'm subscribed to his channel. It's the first place I looked for a conditionmancer spec, but notice his doesn't have Dhuumfire. So, I don't know. :P

I used to use both his hybrid and 'glass cannon' necro specs, his channel/guides are really good, very detailed (hence the length).

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I like grinding. o_O I don't know why, I just do.
    I don't actually hate "grinding" either. Heck, my two favorite games are nothing but grind- nothing but. I have no ill will toward "grinds" as a video game device.

Just that in GW2, I do not feel that compulsion. Nor do I feel any of the game design forces [rep is mandatory in some games, for example] grind on players.

It could be that [for me] the rewards are just not my fancy. The armors in GW2 [and transmog system] are not that appealing to me and there is nothing else I need really. Not kidding when I say I don't know what karma is used for anymore. I spent thousands of karma buying cooking ingredients in bulk during the first week of release. Still have an alt with a whole backpack full chili peppers, oranges, milk, etc.

What is there to buy with gold? What would I need besides my MF set [soon to be obsolete] and berserker set? It's not as though I am collecting a tank set, dps crit set, attack power dps set, solo hybrid set and pvp set like in some other games. It's all stuff I got in t he first weeks of the game. Done, forever.

There are no mounts to collect. No consumables I need to fancy up to complete content. You rarely die in GW2 but even so repairs are trivial at a certain point. There are no ongoing expenses in swapping out specs for PVE like Rift or SWTOR.

I just play for the fun of it. When I get tired I move on to something else; maybe a match in DOTA2, a few rounds in MTG or puzzle solving in some indie game.

Deleted
    Level eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeighty!

Was awesome, my guild took me to some dungeons for the last two levels, and once I dinged they started asking me a lot of questions to find out which gear they needed to craft for me. Then they crafted me a full 'knights' set, to see if I like it regarding stats, so I can see what kind of exotics I want.

Also, 1470 achievement points! Getting there <3

I hope this new "stat transmog" feature won't be tied to transmog stones because they are fucking expensive.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hope this new "stat transmog" feature won't be tied to transmog stones because they are fucking expensive.
    Really hoping they aren't either, the way this new event is affecting gem prices i'd fully expect 4g within the next week or so and 4g 30s or so by the end of the event(if they really are adding stat changers and transmog items next month). This event is good in some cases since it will lower t6 mat cost and they need to be lowered for the 400-500 prof leveling, however it ends there when it's inflating the price of gems which they keep adding more and more cool things that you either burn money on or use a small fortune to get with gold.

Is there a way to check name availability on realms other than your own without transferring first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Is there a way to check name availability on realms other than your own without transferring first?
    Names are worldwide.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Names are worldwide.
    K, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What is there to buy with gold?
    As an example, I've spent nearly 20g (each) gearing two of my characters between exotics & upgrades. Were I to gear my necro the way that's suggested for WvW I'd spend close to another 20g just on the runes let alone anything else.

I've also spent a ton of gold on character slots and bought additional gems with gold for the next time they put bank space on sale. Then there's all the miscellaneous stuff like makeover kits for the new hair colors, dyes, things like the Phoenix armor, etc. I've held off on buying transmutation crystals by using level 78-79 exotics where I can, if I figured in the cost of those as well it'd be ~15g every time.

People always say gold comes easily in this game, well it goes just as easily too.

As far as karma is concerned, there's nothing worth buying with it (IMO). I have well over 2m now (probably over 3m or even 4m if I used all my karma jugs/vials). Like a lot of people, I keep hoping they'll actually start using that currency again for something worthwhile. At the rate I'm getting skill point scrolls they need to add something worthwhile to do with those too. :P

As far as karma is concerned, there's nothing worth buying with it (IMO). I have well over 2m now (probably over 3m or even 4m if I used all my karma jugs/vials). Like a lot of people, I keep hoping they'll actually start using that currency again for something worthwhile. At the rate I'm getting skill point scrolls they need to add something worthwhile to do with those too. :P
    Give the scrolls to alts or save for legendary. You need 200 skill points for the legendary + whatever you need if RNG hates the shit out of you trying to get clovers.

You can make money off your karma. Use all karma boosters you can get (banner, buffs) and open orrian boxes from the karma vendor. If you are lucky you can make some serious bank with 4mill karma.

Also if you get the priests mini put them in the mystic forge (I think you can, not sure)

I have so many skill points already. I never use the forge (no reason to) so they just keep accumulating. I think I have at least 200 on every alt except my most recent ones and at the rate I'm going my next alt will have all her slot skills unlocked the day I make her. :P

I don't like the Orrian boxes. They're just like loot bags and everything else RNG, which inevitably means I'll come away from it feeling like the investment wasn't worth it. If they have and/or institute some sort of karma cap where I have to spend it or else have it go to waste then I'll start dumping it on those boxes. It's not that I couldn't use the gold (obviously), but I would be raging like no other if I burned through all of it and then in an update a month from now they added a bunch of cool stuff for karma. >_<

As an example, I've spent nearly 20g (each) gearing two of my characters between exotics & upgrades. Were I to gear my necro the way that's suggested for WvW I'd spend close to another 20g just on the runes let alone anything else.
    Eh. But that's still a one time thing- just like leveling.

I am not an alt-o-holic. The 5 characters I have are more than enough. Again, I do not find any of the armors in the game appealing. So I just went with whatever look the armor has naturally and hide all hide-able pieces. If I could just run around naked [all armor hidden] like I do in Rift, as the armor there is also 'effin awful.

I did spend almost 100% of my non-leveling time in Tera on cosmetics, however. XD

A game has to have really awesome art direction and clothing options to pull me into that vortex of obsessive cosmetic collecting. Different tastes though- I know a lot of folks think Phoenix armor is swell and love having a new mini pet or whatnot.

I don't like the Orrian boxes. They're just like loot bags and everything else RNG, which inevitably means I'll come away from it feeling like the investment wasn't worth it. If they have and/or institute some sort of karma cap where I have to spend it or else have it go to waste then I'll start dumping it on those boxes. It's not that I couldn't use the gold (obviously), but I would be raging like no other if I burned through all of it and then in an update a month from now they added a bunch of cool stuff for karma. >_<
    They pretty much panned out the rest of the year for us. I don't think any more karma stuff is coming.

And your karma is already useless now. At least RNG will make you some money. It sitting in your inventory isn't getting you anywhere nor is a "hunch" of adding new karma things. Those boxes were made just for excess karma I wouldn't expect anything else added soon.

I have about 4 million karma that I don't know really what to do with. I'll use some of it to gear up alts for sure but that'll barely dent my karma total.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Eh. But that's still a one time thing- just like leveling.
    If you know what spec you ultimately want, sure. I've switched specs on my necro at least 4 times just in the past few months trying to find something I like and, of course, gear recommendations can change a lot depending on spec. I use the significantly cheaper green gear when it's available to test build setups, but a lot of stats like Rabid aren't available on anything but rares+ (or if it is I'm not aware of it).

I'm actually bored with a lot of my class specs. My ranger and guardian are relatively well geared, but I've been wanting to completely overhaul (which means re-gear) their specs for a while. I haven't really played either in months (except for minor event stuff on my ranger) because neither of their current playstyles have appealed to me.

I guess you could argue I do it to myself, but GW2 isn't really set up for it to be any other way, for me personally. All the classes are arguably rigid in their gameplay in terms of there aren't many (if any) I could play as melee or caster dps, like hybrids for example, so I end up having to switch classes a lot depending on what I feel like playing.

I think they made the karma exotic temple armor ugly just to make sure I couldn't use the sets as-is...

The light set isn't terrible just not something I would willingly choose over other available options. :P I did buy karma gear for my engineer, but luckily I only had to use 3 transmutation crystals to achieve the look I wanted (helm disabled, gloves & boots mostly obscured).

I saw someone in the city ask how to get to the temples because he just hit 80 and had 110k karma to spend. I hated to tell him that'd only buy him 2 pieces. :P