10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but does anyone know where is the best online store to buy guild wars 2 cheap? I need an online store that e-mails the game code.
    You might check Green Man Gaming, I'm always seeing ppl post sales from there.
    Valar morghulis

Ugh, I found 2 Superior Sigils of Luck on an alt I didn't know I had. Pre-patch I could have gotten at least 80s/ea. for them, now they're worth less than 4s and aren't even worth listing. >_<

If I put them in the mystic forge will I get a random exotic sigil? This is one time where playing the RNG slot machine might be better than the vendor. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    If I put them in the mystic forge will I get a random exotic sigil? This is one time where playing the RNG slot machine might be better than the vendor. :P
    Yes, 4 superior sigils (they have to all be the same type [sigils, can't combine sigils and runes or gems or anything else] and quality) will give you a superior sigil out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yes, 4 superior sigils (they have to all be the same type [sigils, can't combine sigils and runes or gems or anything else] and quality) will give you a superior sigil out.
    Unless they changed it Tuesday, not all Superior Sigils can be fed into the Mystic Toilet. Pretty sure Luck is one of the ones that can't.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Unless they changed it Tuesday, not all Superior Sigils can be fed into the Mystic Toilet. Pretty sure Luck is one of the ones that can't.
    There is that, but considering it was predicated on "If I put them in the mystic forge", my point stands

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Mystic Toilet is a cruel bitch. Long time ago, I fed it greatswords and in the course of a week pulled out 3 Dusks and 2 Dawns. Back before they were selling for the 600g or whatever. I wish I held on to them

Now, all it gives me is fucking shit.

You can salvage back pieces now.

/summon Odeezee
    /summon Maarius
    Now you can do a couple of things.
    1. say "Yea my bad, I was wrong the entire time and didn't mean any disrespect"
    2. cower in fear and never reply again
    3. react to my post and lay out why I'm wrong
    4. keep repeating the same stuff that has been said already and write that off as new statements that clearly debunk what I said.
    I'm dissapointed that you chose option 2, I was hoping either one of you would come back with 1 or 3 . May I assume 1. since not choosing 3 sends the message that it wasn't an option?

I waited a bit so you had time to think stuff over.

uh oh, internet fight.

I hate it when people take the 2. route (and 4.) so I've decided to start calling people out on it from now on.

I'm sort of scared to get back into GW2 since I left off on the very first patch at... like... level 40 on my Mesmer. Is there any reason to get back in?

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I hate it when people take the 2. route (and 4.) so I've decided to start calling people out on it from now on.
    Does it matter? It's a video game.

It's about the forum not the game.

To me a forum is a medium to spread information and that automatically makes it so that the truth becomes very important/crucial.

The only way to reach the truth is through discussion and points 2 and 4 do not add anything to the conversation.

So yes, it matters.

What has been happening a lot is this.
    A: makes a claim
    B: disagrees and says why
    A: says something like "you're wrong" or nothing

Now imagine someone wondering about this claim, who is to be believed? Maybe B is wrong but we won't ever find out...

This time it's a rather trivial topic but sometimes it's semi important (it's a video game...) like build optimisation, history, patch info, class balance, ...

To me every discussion should be clearly closed and that only happens once someone says the magic words "I agree".
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-04 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozaky View Post
    I'm sort of scared to get back into GW2 since I left off on the very first patch at... like... level 40 on my Mesmer. Is there any reason to get back in?
    Nothing to be scared of - there's no sub fee, your computer won't blow up and Tequatl stays firmly on your monitor I promise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88hjgWI3QM
    Valar morghulis

Ugh, I found 2 Superior Sigils of Luck on an alt I didn't know I had. Pre-patch I could have gotten at least 80s/ea. for them, now they're worth less than 4s and aren't even worth listing. >_<
    I bought a chunk of Pirate ones thinking that the power option would be a good sell and they dropped from 35s to 4s

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch - look at the cost of leveling Huntsman from 400 to 500

http://gw2crafts.net/huntsman_400.html

- - - Updated - - -

Bah, tried putting the pirate runes into the forge and it won't accept them. And the price is down to 1s now. I suppose it could have been worse, I could have had more than 11 in my bank.

They changed the runes from what they said they were going to be, at least I thought Traveler's was going to be better than what it is and that Scavenging was going to be worse. Those two runes did not have the stats I expected.

I'm debating whether or not to sell the Traveler runes I have. They seem to be at a premium right now and I'm wondering if that price is going to go down, I don't think Traveler runes were ever particularly rare?

That sucks about the forge, but I may hold on to them just in case that's patched.

They changed the runes from what they said they were going to be, at least I thought Traveler's was going to be better than what it is and that Scavenging was going to be worse. Those two runes did not have the stats I expected.

I'm debating whether or not to sell the Traveler runes I have. They seem to be at a premium right now and I'm wondering if that price is going to go down, I don't think Traveler runes were ever particularly rare?

That sucks about the forge, but I may hold on to them just in case that's patched.
    It's what I was talking about before the patch, they said Traveler would be what it is, but never said amounts or stages or whatnot, so hard to guage it's usefulness ahead of time.

None of my runes are available to put in the Forge, and though the sigils show, it only takes one, so I guess Superiors aren't Forge-able, unless I was just doing something wrong.

This is probably old news, but I saw it for the first time (posted in the SAB forums :P) and thought it was good:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...fficult-is-fun

I'd comment more, but I'm tired and don't want to get into a forum debate (yet :P).

How about 5different people on this forum alone backing her statement?
    also

QD is one of the best areas for daily rev since lots of soldiers die at the centaurs past the little fortress in the central north.

Your contradicting yourself since there are loads of spiders in queensdale...

Gathering isn't part of the gameplay, apart from that there's only a couple of dailies that are inherent to WvW gameplay, that aren't WvW dailes they are:

Reviver, Condition Applier, Condition Remover, Champion Slayer, Dodger, Events Completer, Kills, Veteran Slayer, Group Event, Interruptor, Skill Point, Leveler

Those go together over the 14day cycle like this
    Events, Group Events
    Reviver, Veteran Slayer
    Group Events, Skill Point
    Leveler, Champion
    Kills, Interrupter
    Group Event, NOTHING
    Condition Remover, NOTHING
    Leveler, NOTHING
    Kills, Dodger
    Skill Point, NOTHING
    Reviver, NOTHING
    Kills, Veteran, Events
    Dodger, NOTHING

So 3/7 days you do not get your daily automatically even when in WvW. Also note that WvW doesn't have all that many people playing and that this assumes that you get all 3WvW dailies.

1. I never insulted you, I said you don't know what grinding means which you clearly don't. If I say you don't know anything about rocket science I'm not insulting you either.

2. That's the funny thing, it is repititive since a) it's on a cycle and b) you do it over and over (gathering/killing/...)

3. Beside the point

4. We've already been over it easily != automatically. I don't need to post anything on the forums just because you don't get that simple equation. I also don't think there's a lot wrong with the "goals" of dailies, what I think is wrong is your statement: "you get the dailies automatically".
    you're wondering why I'm not replying? Becaue these answers of you only make me facepalm. There is no use of arguing here because your arguing seems more like countering everyone I or others who share the opinion say instead of looking at it objectivly. You insult me again in the same sentence you claim you're not doing it. There is also no contradiction, I just mentioned that he can also find condition-spreading enemies in low level zones. I suggest reading that post again. You never said what's wrong with my take on grinds which I stated a few posts before. How is 3 beside the point? You don't have to do the same things in the same way every day - so: non cyclical and not over and over. Killing in WvW =/= killing in PvE. Killing as a thief feels different than killing as a warrior or ele. 4 is again an insult...

no I won't reply to your aggressive stubborn posts anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    1. you're wondering why I'm not replying? Because these answers of you only make me facepalm. There is no use of arguing here because your arguing seems more like countering everyone I or others who share the opinion say instead of looking at it objectivly.

2. You insult me again in the same sentence you claim you're not doing it.

3. There is also no contradiction, I just mentioned that he can also find condition-spreading enemies in low level zones. I suggest reading that post again.

4. You never said what's wrong with my take on grinds which I stated a few posts before.

5. How is 3 beside the point? You don't have to do the same things in the same way every day - so: non cyclical and not over and over. Killing in WvW =/= killing in PvE. Killing as a thief feels different than killing as a warrior or ele. 4 is again an insult...

no I won't reply to your aggressive stubborn posts anymore.
    Ah option 4, my second least favorite.

1. That's how you argue my dear friend. You make a point, I agree or disagree and then counter it. Then it's your "job" to counter my counters.
    A simple example would be "A: The world is a sphere. B: No the world is flat since there are no natural spheres. A: How about apples/oranges/...?
    That's simply how discussions work.
    Currently there's a lovely course online (for free) that comes from Duke, it might be interesting to take it. https://www.coursera.org/course/thinkagain I'm doing it as well.

2. I'm an economist and compsci guy, if you were to tell me I know nothing about astrophysics, English lit or psychology that's just a statement, not an insult. It's easy to find out certain things just by what/how people say them, recently it was that guy who said he could live for 2weeks off of €40. Since that's very little money I assumed he was from Eastern Europe and he turned out to be.

Similarly you don't have to know me to make the statement that I know nothing about astrophysics and so on. So if you'd then ask what do you have your degrees in I would confirm it by saying I'm an economist and compsci educated person.

3. "You look for condition applying enemies in a starting area?" vs "Spiders however are even in low level zones."
    Is a contradiction. You're basically saying "You look for X in Y?" "You can find X in Y." The first part questions the validity of something which you later agree on, which is a very odd construction.

4. It's not important since we're not discussing your take on grinds (and never were) we were discussing your statement "You get the daily automatically". Secondly I actually did briefly go over your take on grinds:
    Direct reply to your first post:
    Grinding is simply repeating repetitive actions to attain a goal. That action was "Log in kill X log out" now it's "log in DAILY gather X log out" it's still a grind. You're confusing "grinding" with "farming".
    You later stated
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    just because you do something every day you log on this activity is grind for you?
    And after that you quoted wikipedia:
    Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games.
    My reply to Gray_Matter
    1. I know, I don't think there's anything bad with there being a grind at all. The problem is that saying you do something to remove the grind while instead just creating another grind isn't all that great.
    5. 3 Is beside the point since we're not discussing the diversity of the dailies, secondly it also doesn't change anything about the fact that they dailies are on a 14day cycle (which makes them repetitive in nature since every 14days you get the same dailies) heck even the name "daily" is proof of repetition.

4 Isn't an insult, sure it wasn't written in a friendly way but I didn't say "ha you're stupid blablabla", I said "you don't GET blablabla". You seem to be offended simply because someone thinks (or expresses) a doubt in your knowledge/understanding. I'll make it neutral for you though and edit it a bit:

We've already been over it easily != automatically. I also don't think there's a lot wrong with the "goals" of dailies, what I think is wrong is your statement: "you get the dailies automatically".
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

So let's cut all the nonsense out and go with a very easy and neutral statement for you to respond to.

Do you agree that "done easily" != "done automatically"?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-05 at 11:57 AM.