https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3487840

Fun read, it's what I've been saying since release.

Sadly I think a-net will go the simple route and nerf zerker instead of reworking conditions/healing but we'll see.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

Sadly I think a-net will go the simple route and nerf zerker instead of reworking conditions/healing but we'll see.
    I agree with mostly what he said. I especially agree that the npc/monster AI combat should be reworked. Also the conditions needs adjusting as well (from what I understand it's an engine limitation so they would have to rework a lot of the mechanics there). I really like the active defense part of the game though, I hope that isn't touched or at most just slightly tweaked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I promised myself to stop posting screenshots about this, but today I couldn't believe my eyes!

It should be clear by the rate at which I can produce this shit that the "MMR-system" clearly doesn't work.
    Great match making system.

Deleted
    The main problem with conditions isn`t down to an awful game engine, it is, as anet have stated in the past, due to bandwidth/(bad) servers.
    That is the main reason there is a cap on how many conditions a player or npc can have on them at once, because anet said it`d be too much data going back & forth between servers & players systems.
    One good player can hit the 25 condi cap with ease, which means if there`s another player/class which relies on condis for their damage, they`re basically fucked over & the only damage they get to see is their base damage.
    Good job most things give you a tedious gold shield for going afk & spamming one ;p

I still think +crit damage is the culprit. Anet either needs to design in mind of zerker or just get rid of it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's the normal dmg modifier but w/e, we've been over this.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting proposal from Chris Whiteside on the Horizontal Progression CDI thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...61#post3491928

Hi All,

Here is the proposal I believe we are making, please discuss and let me know if anything should be added or removed. Note many of us have read the thread internally and thus there has already been valuable impact.

Our Horizontal Progression Proposal

The Reward and Associated Journey

— Sociopolitical Diversification: Player housing (Customizable from rewards gained in the open world), Guild Halls (Customizable from mass play rewards) and Map Wide Meta events unlocked through Faction progression (Leading to both individual and group rewards such as titles and skins)

— Role Diversification: ‘Grail Quest’ (Personal rights of passage) style adventures through the open world (testing the player in combat, discovery, and puzzle solving) which others can engage in once the activities are activated which could reward the Hero with New skills/traits, new weapons, access to inaccessible existing weapons, and infusions.

— Hero Recognition (Reward) is a by product of the above two types of Horizontal Progression leading to Unique Skins, Titles, Rewards, followers and NPC reactions/opportunities based on the players individual feats in the world of Tyria regardless of how he/she chooses to play the game.

Global Rule Proposal governing the above:

- Where possible use the above design paradigm to reinforce and evolve the existing world.

- Players should be able to have multiple methods of achieving ‘Grail Quests’, rather than a section of the journey being based on Jumping Puzzles and that alone for example.

-A reworked (cleaner) version of Signet of Capture would work very well for Role Diversification.

- Sub-classes will be discussed again in a CDI once Arena finishes its current balance work in regard to roles.

- QOL features such as a wardrobe should support this global design.

Once we have discussed the proposal and the thread reaches conclusion we will sticky it and move onto CDI Process Evolution Phase 2.

Thank you all so much for your hard work and your passion toward making GW2 awesome. This has been a really good CDI and I want to thank you on behalf of Arena for caring so much about the world we love.

Chris
    Valar morghulis

Interesting proposal from Chris Whiteside on the Horizontal Progression CDI thread:
    Seems interesting. Kinda like The Secret World basically.

The return of Signet of Capture though. Whoa.

omfg signet of capture return!

EXCITEMENT

When he says sub classes he means cross proffesions or what?

Deleted
    ^ I wonder the same thing.

Also - can someone tell me what CDI means?

+ new video https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...ns-of-madness/

That 'doll' looks huge.

Yes, signet of capture return! That's what I'm talking about! /excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Actually, now that I re-read that post it sounds more or less like the elder game of Guild Wars 1. Which was excellent.

Why the bleep didn't Anet just do that again from the start? Sigh.

Mmmm I hope cross profession combos come back. Would be interesting. Either pick a weapon and a trait line

Double staff mesmer!

Having more weapon options would go along way toward alleviating some of the shallowness of gameplay. Not sure if it's going to be as grand as in our imaginations but still, like using a pistol & shield as a Warrior would be sweet. Or a Ranger with a rifle.

I think a far simpler idea would be to step away from certain characteristics from weapons.
    All rifles/hammers attack slow, regardless of class.

Why not make some sort of sniper(kill shot) and a machine gunner(volley)? I can totally see a warrior as a machine gunner and an engineer as a sniper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Also - can someone tell me what CDI means?
    CDI stands for Collaborative Development Initiative. It's a process where ArenaNet works with the playerbase to decide the future development of the game. The developer picks a hot topic, opens a thread and discussion ensues. It's been interesting to watch it unfold, it has spawned it's own vocabulary and tests.

Completely unwieldy at this point, a new topic spawns 1000s of posts. There's also a topic that is strictly working on how to better manage/navigate the initiative.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...61#post3491928
    So, this isn't anything that's coming up, it's just ideas being discussed right now?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, this isn't anything that's coming up, it's just ideas being discussed right now?
    Phase 1 - discussion with the playerbase and come up with a proposal, perfect proposal for final presentation
    Phase 2 - present proposal internally to devs for final decision on the various components of the proposal

We are nearing the end of Phase 1 on this particular topic (horizontal progression).
    Valar morghulis

So... it'd be safe to say this is at least 6 months out then if developed (since proposals usually need to be accepted), correct?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Yes Lane, this is just something to give people hope so they stay longer.