10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    this way they don't make two different paths through almost every zone on each faction, it gives more content to everyone since you aren't confined to do only half of storyline.
    That was my other point I forgot to make

There's just no benefit of having 2 factions.
    Even stuff like server load. Why put 3000 players on one server when only 1500 will play together? (think about that in the context of a queued server too)

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    I can't find evidence of that anywhere. All I see is "not confirmed, but you won't be upset with us". Got a link?
    Just check out the wiki at this link here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professions_reveal
    They'll have all the info you'd need.

Going to go to the alienware tour on Saturday so although I do not have a video camera, i will post my impressions about it. I will try and play both a guardian and an engineer if the lines are not huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Same, I totally loathe the 2 faction gameplay of WoW, and I was very sad Rift copy-pasted it (along with most other things).

Edit: Yay page 200
    I was about to post that, curse you!

There is absolutely no reason for having 2 factions other than you need it for your lore. From gameplay it has only disadvantages. It's just one of those bad wow concepts that get copied all the time. So ppl almost think it has to be that way. But like i said, it only has disadvantages, even and especially for world pvp. Factions only limit world pvp, not enable it. Games like Shadowbane had great world pvp (if you survived the bugs ). For pve and consensual pvp it limits matchmaking, creates unbalances and splits content. So for rift copying it it is just plain stupid since they explicitly created lore around 2 factions and for swtor it is imho a very bad choice. They would have been better of making sith a npc faction and catering the shady guy rpg community with bounty hunters and smugglers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy 200 pages!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    hi there, long term lurker first time poster :P really looking forward to this game

The thing I am most looking forward to is the support capabilies. As we know healers are out, and as a player who chooses healers in all games, you would think I would be disappointed with this, but im more excited than ever. It seems that all characters can fulfil new and exciting support roles. I was especially interested when one of the devs said in an interview that he always played healers too, and was designing the guardian class to function as a the healer / support that he always wanted. I will be rolling a guardian as my first class most probably, but also the elementalist with the water and earth trees, and many other class strategies, look great fun to play.

If anyone is interested in reading about the new classes there is some great stickies in the gw2guru forums: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/vigil-academy-f37.html

A
    s an altoholic I forsee a huge amount of fun to be had with all characters, as there are probably setups to suit everyone within each class. The dynamic event system looks like great fun to play also, between SWTOR and GW2 i will be a very happy bunny in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    hi there, long term lurker first time poster :P really looking forward to this game

The thing I am most looking forward to is the support capabilies. As we know healers are out, and as a player who chooses healers in all games, you would think I would be disappointed with this, but im more excited than ever. It seems that all characters can fulfil new and exciting support roles. I was especially interested when one of the devs said in an interview that he always played healers too, and was designing the guardian class to function as a the healer / support that he always wanted. I will be rolling a guardian as my first class most probably, but also the elementalist with the water and earth trees, and many other class strategies, look great fun to play.

If anyone is interested in reading about the new classes there is some great stickies in the gw2guru forums: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/vigil-academy-f37.html

A
    s an altoholic I forsee a huge amount of fun to be had with all characters, as there are probably setups to suit everyone within each class. The dynamic event system looks like great fun to play also, between SWTOR and GW2 i will be a very happy bunny in 2012
    You can't say 2012. No official date has been released

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    You can't say 2012. No official date has been released
    well, its most likely coming out sometime late this year or during next year, i'll be disapointed if its pushed back to 2013. sure hope its out by 2012

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    well, its most likely coming out sometime late this year or during next year, i'll be disapointed if its pushed back to 2013. sure hope its out by 2012
    If it's not released before summer 2012, I probably won't play it.

Deleted
    meh i will still have SWTOR :P

right now i have nothing /cry. really need my mmo fix.

meh i will still have SWTOR :P

right now i have nothing /cry. really need my mmo fix.
    I need a GOOD game fix. Diablo3, BF3, Deus Ex3, TES-5... All months away

I'm also a healer/support player (Resto Druid + Resto Shaman in WoW, Bard in Rift, will probably roll Jedi Consular in SW:TOR) and I'm also really looking forward to GW2's assault on the trinity.

It's really less about being the Healbot and more about being the Guy Who Solves Problems.

On that video: that guy was absolutely trolling the ArenaNet rep, and the ArenaNet rep did a fantastic job of pretending not to get it. Well played sir.

Deleted
    I installed windows 7 and its broken all my game installs :P

waiting on my powersupply for my new gaming rig, delivered next monday before I install anything again.

OT - do you think that the content scaling might still be too easy? if you are a few levels above the content you are playing, with some other bonuses from levelling you will undoubtedly get quite an advantage. I would prefer to be the correct level for the content than a little above it.

also I assume we will be forced into using wasd movement? ass double taps are rolls etc, I dont see that can be done with a normal 2 button mouse. Any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I'd say latest February 2012, But honestly i'm expecting a late this year release.
    I'm afraid you will be disappoint. I think ArenaNet said on some recent interview that they hope to get beta going this year, so definately no release in 2011. I'm hoping for spring 2012 release..

I'm disappointed that there haven't really been any other videos posted up in the Comic-Con thread.
    I'm sure that more will be put up soon though... so I guess I can't really complain since it's just the first day. Really impatient though, haha. I want to see more Engineer gameplay.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should so more videos tomorrow night and Saturday. People who are shooting footage are probably going to be uploading it soon as well, since the first day is almost over.

Sure hope so, full day has past, still feel like we haven't see many new things.

Deleted
    seems we wont see anything new. watching bad players makes the game look awful lol :P I guess that goes for any game. the backpeddling constantly would be so awful.

so nobody knows if its wasd movement?

seems we wont see anything new. watching bad players makes the game look awful lol :P I guess that goes for any game. the backpeddling constantly would be so awful.
    Solid advertising strategy. Anet lets the bad players try out and record videos, so they just show off a few moves, nothing fancy, and gives other players incentive to get to the game and be creative with trying out sweet combos.

If they just let the pros play, everyone would just copy them