10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Bosses were scaled down in demos.
    this needs to be put on the front page with how many times its been said :X

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I can. You have sustained injuries to your skull and/or brain recently.
    haha!

After seeing TB's video's with the questing and weapon skill system I want to play GW 2 more than TOR! This says a lot since I've been watching and wanting to play TOR for about 12 months with little to no interest in GW 2 until gamescon

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    also, im not sure when it was released, but it was a vid on that dragon boss fight (the one that comes from the water), and.. the person playing it must have been there purely just to show people, because damn it annoyed me how freaking useless the person was being :X, running around, generally getting decked, every now and again spammed 1111111111.... then ran around for abit.. spammed one some more.... (it was either a ranger or engineer) i was watching it with a friend and saying "DO SOMETHING YOU USELESS %£$"!" all these amazing ability effects.. and just standing there spamming a basic shot

Regarding movement I can see where you're coming from. I personally don't think it's that bad, or at any rate it doesn't really bother me, but it doesn't seem to be Anet's strong suit and I can see why it would be a bit of a let-down (that and cutscenes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Meh, it's a public event so it can't really be that difficult if they actually want people to down it. You might have also missed the adds that constantly spawn to destroy the turrets/helpful NPC's that you have to deal with in addition to the boss. Also, just FYI, they scaled down the difficulty of the events (specifically bosses) for the demo's because people who are playing have no experience with the game. It's guaranteed that the boss will be much more difficult when the game goes live.
    On that thought, wouldn't it be interesting for them to have a demo of a boss, fully tuned in difficulty? Looking at the pretty bosses is nice, but it would be just awesome to watch, maybe even the devs playing, and losing to their own boss

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    So, i planned to play with my brother.. so we cant play together to advance our personal stories?
    From the last part of jvbastel's post "or just do the stories together" I'm guessing that you can work on a personal story with another person, just since you both do the same actions and what not, your stories are very similar for those sections, as they should be. If you just randomly save someone along the road though, that may not contribute to your personal story though, correct me if I misunderstood your statement jvbastel.

I was wondering whether or not there would be any incentive to NOT turn on auto attack in the case of say a warrior who has a main strike combo that has no cost and has no real incentive not to have it on all the time. It builds resources, is free, and according to the video TB posted, is off the GCD. So why would you never have it on auto-attack?(the color of the hit does not need to be white for it to have the same function and purpose as any auto attack in WoW btw)

I just would think that there would be some reward to manually hitting the button, like perhaps the auto attack has a .5 second delay between auto keystrokes. Does anyone know if there is anything going on like that, or are they really going to reward laziness during gameplay(which seems to directly be against their philosophies so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahzael View Post
    I was wondering whether or not there would be any incentive to NOT turn on auto attack in the case of say a warrior who has a main strike combo that has no cost and has no real incentive not to have it on all the time. It builds resources, is free, and according to the video TB posted, is off the GCD. So why would you never have it on auto-attack?(the color of the hit does not need to be white for it to have the same function and purpose as any auto attack in WoW btw)

I just would think that there would be some reward to manually hitting the button, like perhaps the auto attack has a .5 second delay between auto keystrokes. Does anyone know if there is anything going on like that, or are they really going to reward laziness during gameplay(which seems to directly be against their philosophies so far).
    thats a good point, i hope they give it a delay.. or add some form of tactical advantage for well timed attacks rather then having auto attacking going in all the time

You can definitely go into someone's home instance, but not actually do anything there. I'm not sure if the same applied to personal story, but I'd assume it might - meaning you could play together, but only one of you would be advancing your story. This is just my best guess though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    On that thought, wouldn't it be interesting for them to have a demo of a boss, fully tuned in difficulty? Looking at the pretty bosses is nice, but it would be just awesome to watch, maybe even the devs playing, and losing to their own boss
    As far as I know, the videos of media running the Story Mode 5 mans weren't tuned down (they might be), and there are videos of that floating around. So if you watch those, you can get an idea of what the "easymode" dungeons will be like at least O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Its hard to explain >.>

Some small things like the movement, spell effects and spell sounds that bother me.

There is also a boss that should be an extremely vicious creature but instead he just stands there throwing some abilities and a few melee attacks. He is massive and all but I couldn't feel the "ooh dangerous monster"
    He was scaled down for the Demo I'm pretty sure
    Excited

Actually if the game ships with the dynamic even bosses not being very interesting I wouldn't mind so much - it's the concept what I find attractive, not the execution. It's multiplayer gameplay that doesn't require the previous, tedious effort of gathering a raid of the exact size and composition, farm consumables, and all the other hassle that standard raids require. I think it can work. I think the bosses shown so far can be improved; that's the point, there's a lot of room for improvement, while traditional raids have been done to death and there's little room for new things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    From the last part of jvbastel's post "or just do the stories together" I'm guessing that you can work on a personal story with another person, just since you both do the same actions and what not, your stories are very similar for those sections, as they should be. If you just randomly save someone along the road though, that may not contribute to your personal story though, correct me if I misunderstood your statement jvbastel.
    You can invite someone to your group, and that player can join in your personal story. Only you will advance it though, not both.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Actually if the game ships with the dynamic even bosses not being very interesting I wouldn't mind so much - it's the concept what I find attractive, not the execution. It's multiplayer gameplay that doesn't require the previous, tedious effort of gathering a raid of the exact size and composition, farm consumables, and all the other hassle that standard raids require. I think it can work. I think the bosses shown so far can be improved; that's the point, there's a lot of room for improvement, while traditional raids have been done to death and there's little room for new things.
    Agreed almost entirely. It's something that's relatively new, that can be improved and expanded. The concept is splendid.

And I personally think the execution will be as well. Hard to judge based on toned down demo bosses.

Deleted
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-Johanson.html

MMORPG.com:Tell us about an interesting boss fight which we haven't heard about before.

Colin Johanson: In the starting area in Guild Wars 2 which we are showing here at Gamescom there's a chain of events that lead up to a boss fight which no one has seen so far. In this dynamic event chain (four different parts), if you successfully manage to complete all these parts, a huge Ice Elemental is summoned by the leader of a tribe that worships a dragon totem you've destroyed which shoots ice shards all over, this event and fight actually changes the weather of the map. It causes a giant blizzard to cover this part of the map while the boss is there. The ice shards also turns into smaller ice elementals. If you defeat the encounter the ice storm will dissipate. This fight requires a minimum of five players, might be possible with a bit less if you're really good. It also scales dynamically up to 100 players.

MMORPG.com:
    Are there going to be karma stores for real money?
    Colin Johanson:
    No. There are karma vendors in the game that sell things to you for karma. But we have no plans currently for a karma store.

Goodie, the buying stuff for real money is just stupid, so glad it's not in GW2.

Deleted
    A couple of friends of mine are going to get GW2 too. Now, I want to play a Charr. A other friend wants to play a human, and the other one wants to play a different race as well. Are we able to play all together after a short period of time? ( I understand every race has it's own starting zone that's probably inaccessable to other races )

I don't want to finish half the game on my own before I can group up with my friends to quest, just because they picked a different race / storyline / whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    There is also a boss that should be an extremely vicious creature but instead he just stands there throwing some abilities and a few melee attacks. He is massive and all but I couldn't feel the "ooh dangerous monster"
    This is the one thing that bothers me too. The big boss events are... well.... BIG. But those dragons could easily swoop down and crush the cannons, mortar, players, etc... but instead they stand around in one spot, doing an occasional fear/aoe, while they get bashed on with cannons/mortars. If I was the dragon, and was that big and powerful, I'd be moving around much more, and smashing people/fortifications all over the place - standing around and just asking to get wailed on is a little silly.

If I was the dragon I would move around and step on some players, I'd knock down some of the artillery, I'd wreak some havoc instead of standing around in the most vulnerable position/location imaginable while just soaking up hits until I die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    A couple of friends of mine are going to get GW2 too. Now, I want to play a Charr. A other friend wants to play a human, and the other one wants to play a different race as well. Are we able to play all together after a short period of time? ( I understand every race has it's own starting zone that's probably inaccessable to other races )

I don't want to finish half the game on my own before I can group up with my friends to quest, just because they picked a different race / storyline / whatever.
    After the introductory part (starting zone) that each race has, you will be able to be free to go wherever you want and it should be easy to group up with your friends because all of the main cities will be connected with those Asuran gates, which means (free I believe?) instant travel between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    This is the one thing that bothers me too. The big boss events are... well.... BIG. But those dragons could easily swoop down and crush the cannons, mortar, players, etc... but instead they stand around in one spot, doing an occasional fear/aoe, while they get bashed on with cannons/mortars. If I was the dragon, and was that big and powerful, I'd be moving around much more, and smashing people/fortifications all over the place - standing around and just asking to get wailed on is a little silly.

If I was the dragon I would move around and step on some players, I'd knock down some of the artillery, I'd wreak some havoc instead of standing around in the most vulnerable position/location imaginable while just soaking up hits until I die.
    Most encounters were nerfed heavily for the demonstration, so people could actually see most of it and kill them.

I have a feeling when this game goes live and there are more players, bosses will be harder and do more stuff, since apparently they scale with the amount of players participating.