10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well as stated above, there are numerous of demo videos from Pax and Gamescom. There will be a beta but not until the end of the year.

As for what to play in the meantime? Not sure, just depends on what you want. I'm just playing single player games and dabble in a few free to play mmos that are out at the moment.
    well ive got my eyes set on skyrim in november but i think that will take up a good bit of time but until november i dont have anything in particular to play that i like..........sad september and october coming :.(

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Here is a video you guys might like for the Asura. It's got a couple cool skills, and Asura doing flips! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYFeBW6QOeU

10+ Year Old Account
    Total Biscuit's video is a good intro to get you started, even though he makes a few errors by no knowing the game well enough. He spends most of the time with 1 sword when he can dual wield, and doesn't realise he can check his mail by clicking the mail icon (no mailbox needed). He also calls the Charr a race of cow people when they're actually cat people.

To understand how personal story works, watch this one. It's the same starter content as the Total Biscuit video, but he does his personal story instead of dynamic events from about half way through the video.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-09-08 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    alright guys ive been playing wow for 5 years and possibly thinking of picking this up(possibly) but im still apprehensive since ive tried others mmos(Rift to similair to wow)(and Aion Korean Grindfest not fun at all)......is it worth my time to get this game...little note im not trying to rag on the game i just want to know if ill be satisfied with what its got?
    like gameplay wise is combat smooth and are the towns to scale not this bullshit what wow does?
    Well, the thing about Rift 1st off... Rift if you take a close look, is basically a failed attempt at creating Guild Wars 2 before it gets released. They tried to make it seem like they are the 1st people to come up with the event system and crap, it's all pretty sad. But as far as Guild Wars 2 goes.. I played Guild Wars 1 for as long as you've played WoW, and I've played WoW for a year or so, Guild Wars 2 (from the massive amount of research I've done) seems to top ANY MMO I've ever seen. I've picked it apart in nearly every detail, and there are very few things I can even question, and even those things seem to be solid. So I would give the game a try even if you think you'll hate it. It's a 1 time buy, no subscription fee, so you can buy it at release and play it years later if you don't like it at release.

Oh my goodness.
    I must have that Charr plushie.
    I have to have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Oh my goodness.
    I must have that Charr plushie.
    I have to have it.
    WTB Asura plushie :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    WTB Asura plushie :'(
    Only reason to have one is firewood, and wood is alot better then a plushie when it comes to that

Deleted
    Mif, why are them bookahs hatin'? : (

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    So there not scaled down like wow is(im a exploration buff so yay) thats a plus warrior looks promising definitally a charr fan now
    hmmm i like it i thin ill pick it up when it comes out.
    One more converted

10+ Year Old Account
    The other day we were lol'ing how wow fans come to GW2 because they're sick of wow, then QQ when something in GW2 isn't the same as wow.
    With that in mind it seems ironic when people use their same old worn out "I hate Gnomes" insults directed at the Asura.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shalla View Post
    apparently they are now selling charr plushies :d! http://www.arena.net/blog/introducin...-2-charr-plush
    OH MY GOD RYTLOCKkKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The other day we were lol'ing how wow fans come to GW2 because they're sick of wow, then QQ when something in GW2 isn't the same as wow.
    With that in mind it seems ironic when people use their same old worn out "I hate Gnomes" insults directed at the Asura.
    I get the feeling theres a reason

*Couldnt find the pink haired fro*

I reaalllyyy hope they had the afro in the demo as a joke. I mean, they went to the trouble of limiting the customisation options avialable to players so people can only create characters that fit in with the look and feel of the world so it doesn't break immersion, why leave in a giant comedy afro? That was pretty much the standard hairdo for the Aion monstrosities I used to see when I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just bought one of those Rytlock plushies and I feel like a large hole in my soul has been partly filled. Guild wars 2 will complete me and then I will live happily ever after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EqJ...layer_embedded

Thought you guys and girls would like to know...

ASURA WEEK IS ON MONDAY!

EXCITED? YOU BET I AM!
    Last edited by Clempson; 2011-09-08 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamheart View Post
    Here is a video you guys might like for the Asura. It's got a couple cool skills, and Asura doing flips! lol
    Yeah... I think all Asura animations are nice. Going from flips to emotes:

And the ones really important, their fighting animations:

Seriously, just plain awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I want a plushie charr it would go well with my plastic human female.... :/
    Giggity...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Sooo we know this game has taken inspiration from many other games. GW2 has FPS inspired hitboxes and encourages working together like no other MMO has before. Apparently, it also has platforming. Check this video out at ~7 mins in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Total Biscuit's video is a good intro to get you started, even though he makes a few errors by no knowing the game well enough. He spends most of the time with 1 sword when he can dual wield, and doesn't realise he can check his mail by clicking the mail icon (no mailbox needed)

[video=youtube;TnVGEYGE8hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVGEYGE8hs[/video

To understand how personal story works, watch this one. It's the same starter content as the Total Biscuit video, but he does his personal story instead of dynamic events from about half way through the video.
    THANK YOU! i havent seen any of the char personal story yet past that first boss

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I want a plushie charr it would go well with my plastic human female.... :/
    0_0

Or is that just my dirty mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Sooo we know this game has taken inspiration from many other games. GW2 has FPS inspired hitboxes and encourages working together like no other MMO has before. Apparently, it also has platforming. Check this video out at ~7 mins in.

Nice video, but that's sad because the guy don't seems to understand how the "Orb of Light" spell works xD He is launching the orb, but never detonate them, so kinda useless...

Edit: Ah nvm, looks like he figured how to do it at ~8mins :P