Hmmm... I'm tempted to reinstall GW1. I miss my Ritualist D:

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Everything finished but for some odd reason, the game is extremely laggy. I turned all the graphics settings down as far as I could and I don't even remember having an issue prior to the minor upgrades I made. I guess it could be because I'm running Firefox in the background but that doesn't seem entirely plausible.
    I'm asumeing you mean FPS lag not internet lag. Try rebooting your computer and only run GW afterwards and see if that clears it up. if not pull up the task manager and see what your system resource usage is. if your vid card has the ability to moniter its useage you could check that as well. if the CPU GPU or Ram is maxing out for some reason your system is either very weak or you've got someting eating up system resorces, probably malware of some sort.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I'm asumeing you mean FPS lag not internet lag. Try rebooting your computer and only run GW afterwards and see if that clears it up. if not pull up the task manager and see what your system resource usage is. if your vid card has the ability to moniter its useage you could check that as well. if the CPU GPU or Ram is maxing out for some reason your system is either very weak or you've got someting eating up system resorces, probably malware of some sort.
    I sincerely doubt I've got any bugs running around. I make damn sure to keep my PC clean. Right now, Firefox and Guild Wars are breaking the 200k mark and CPU usage is at 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    GW does NOT like if you alt tab, heroes and henchmen will seem to zoom around rather than moving, it doesn't affect gameplay but it looks bad.
    That's never happened to me, do you alt tab will Fullscreen or Windowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Thank you Devolution and Agent for those. I'm still inclined to Norn animations, although I was probably going to pick one first thanks to their lore and personalities. As for professions, I think I'm going to resign myself to waiting until I see what the 8th one is before attempting to finalize what I'll be playing first (because god knows I'll end up with one of each profession by the end, LOL).

10+ Year Old Account
    haha, now that's what's up. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got my Elite Kurzick Armor Set, now to figure out what the best insignia to put in it are for a fire ele.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

I told Odeezee a way to make an easy 50k a few days ago, but I figured I should let everyone playing GW1 know. Anyways, if you go to the Temple of Balthazar, register your account name with the tournament fellow. I think after that there's an option to redeem a one-time 50 tournament points to your account. You can use these 50 points to buy 10 zaishen keys, which sell for 5k each. Just a little tidbit to help out on filling the HoM

Maybe it's 10 tourney points and the keys are 1 points each... I forget, in any case it's 50k gold.
    Last edited by Devolution; 2011-09-25 at 08:30 PM.

I'm sure its somewhere in here, but; does anyone have a screen shot of the whole map? I'm curious how big it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I'm sure its somewhere in here, but; does anyone have a screen shot of the whole map? I'm curious how big it is.
    Something along the lines of this:

But it really doesn't give a remote inkling of the true size of the world or the time required to get from one end to the other.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Son of a Bitch I forgot my Arena net information for the "special item" carry overs into GW2 can anyone help me?

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    can anyone help me?
    https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask
    Just explain everything in there and it should do the trick.

http://sayco.altervista.org/immagini/GWMap.jpg
    Really full map of Tyria ^^
    Yeah, it IS big. And does not include Asura/Norn/Chaar regions form Eye of The North, which obviusly will be included in GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SH!T!!!! i have been pvping the last 2 days for my Kurzick rep so i could get the elite set and i just went back to pvp a little after i got my set, i have to say that armor in this game is BROKEN. i didn't think armor meant anything but damn the difference was like night and day. granted i was pvping with the starter armor for an Elementalist, but wow what a difference. this is how bad it was. i was doing decently 1v1 depending on the class and i tried to be sneaky so people don't focus fire me down, but no matter what, if the turtle targets me i am dead and it's a 1 shot because it's aoe has a huge radius and it hits me for 900+ on a regular. now, with me elite set, i can go 3~5 hits from it before i go down depending on proximity. talk about OP!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    [img]http://images.mmosite.com/news/2009/10/13/gw2feature/wolrdmap.jpg[img]

But it really doesn't give a remote inkling of the true size of the world or the time required to get from one end to the other.
    Thats the GW1 map though. This one is currently for GW2

Kind of dull in features but the geography is more accurate(to our current knowledge at least).

Deleted
    It has been said it takes ~15-20mins to run the lenght of each small area on the map.

Deleted
    Ah, the feeling when you download the game and log in for the first time and start downloading files:
    28,200 remaining.

This will take a while...
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-09-25 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Ah, the feeling when you download the game and log in for the first time and start downloading files:
    28,200 remaining.

This will take a while...
    That's not counting the over 100 zones with of data you have to download as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That's not counting the over 100 zones with of data you have to download as well.
    Yeah, loading Gunnar's Hold right now. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!!! i have been pvping the last 2 days for my Kurzick rep so i could get the elite set and i just went back to pvp a little after i got my set, i have to say that armor in this game is BROKEN. i didn't think armor meant anything but damn the difference was like night and day. granted i was pvping with the starter armor for an Elementalist, but wow what a difference. this is how bad it was. i was doing decently 1v1 depending on the class and i tried to be sneaky so people don't focus fire me down, but no matter what, if the turtle targets me i am dead and it's a 1 shot because it's aoe has a huge radius and it hits me for 900+ on a regular. now, with me elite set, i can go 3~5 hits from it before i go down depending on proximity. talk about OP!
    Starting armour has 5 AR I beleive. max level has 60. thats a 1200% (math?) increase. but now that you have max level armour, it won't really matter, except looks of course.

Is there any missions on "Fire Islands"? Never came that far