Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Is there any missions on "Fire Islands"? Never came that far
    Last 3 missions of prophecies are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!!! i have been pvping the last 2 days for my Kurzick rep so i could get the elite set and i just went back to pvp a little after i got my set, i have to say that armor in this game is BROKEN. i didn't think armor meant anything but damn the difference was like night and day. granted i was pvping with the starter armor for an Elementalist, but wow what a difference. this is how bad it was. i was doing decently 1v1 depending on the class and i tried to be sneaky so people don't focus fire me down, but no matter what, if the turtle targets me i am dead and it's a 1 shot because it's aoe has a huge radius and it hits me for 900+ on a regular. now, with me elite set, i can go 3~5 hits from it before i go down depending on proximity. talk about OP!
    Dude.. you really played this long with starter armor o_O.

Anyways, armor makes a huge difference, which was why people used to run to get max level armor from near endgame outposts. And trust me you're going to need everything if you do the harder contents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Yeah, loading Gunnar's Hold right now. >_>
    Change your shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe” -image
    It will make the game download all the data. Best to do it before you go to bed though.

Edit: Make sure you change it back when it's done.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-09-25 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Starting armour has 5 AR I beleive. max level has 60. thats a 1200% (math?) increase. but now that you have max level armour, it won't really matter, except looks of course.
    The armor does not quite work that way. Every time you increase your armor by 40 it cuts the damage you take in half. 60 armor is more in the balpark of 33% of the damage you'd take with 5 armor. Odeezee we tried to tell you that you at least needed max level armor a few times. The kurzick eliet armor only differes in artwork from the sets you could have picked up in kaing center and those are significantly cheaper.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It will make the game download all the data. Best to do it before you go to bed though.

Thanks, that's a lot better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

I just started it. Over 90,000 files to download. Now I understand why you made that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I just started it. Over 90,000 files to download. Now I understand why you made that comment.
    "Its over 9000!" X 10
    sorry that was almost obligatory. Ran that myself but only had 34k or so but I've been to most of the areas in the game since my last install.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    For people who are new to GW2, or just want to watch some more demos.

Here is the Eurogamer demo they showed.

It's a 6 parter.

:Edit: We need the OP to come back, or atleast have the editing rights given to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    "Its over 9000!" X 10
    sorry that was almost obligatory. Ran that myself but only had 34k or so but I've been to most of the areas in the game since my last install.
    I'm only messing around with the trial version of the game and I've barely started the beginning quests so I kind of expected as much. It's only at 4% right now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    For people who are new to GW2, or just want to watch some more demos.

Here is the Eurogamer demo they showed.

It's a 6 parter.

:Edit: We need the OP to come back, or atleast have the editing rights given to someone.
    Am I the only shocked that boxers exist in this medieval universe? But then again, I'm probably overestimating the invention of elastic underwear.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-25 at 10:17 PM.

Sigh.. first I was gonna main a melee ranger, then it switched to thief, then to warrior for a long time when it looked like all the gameplay for thief was boring (I was a warrior in WoW), but after watching that TB video, I'm teetering on warrior and thief again.. I need a beta so I can play and decide :P

And to make matters worse, I donno if I wanna play Charr, Human, Norn, or Sylvari..

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Sigh.. first I was gonna main a melee ranger, then it switched to thief, then to warrior for a long time when it looked like all the gameplay for thief was boring (I was a warrior in WoW), but after watching that TB video, I'm teetering on warrior and thief again.. I need a beta so I can play and decide :P

And to make matters worse, I donno if I wanna play Charr, Human, Norn, or Sylvari..
    I can see you excluded Asura from your list, least you took your first step (And a wise one).
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-25 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I can see you excluded Asura from your list, least you took your first step (And a wise one).
    Naa the charr got hungry and ate him.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I think the Asura in this game look the coolest out of any "short" race in a game yet. That being said, I don't play "short" races :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post

I see Thief as a more mobile, higher skilled warrior.

the boxers at the video above might be inventet at that time, remember this is from another dimension world at 250k after first game where medieval was also.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    That's how I see it. Which makes me wonder why anyone would pick a warrior. I guess walking around in a giant suit of armor is fairly interesting but being able to cut your opponents down before they even know what happened seems way more enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Then you're viewing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's how I see it. Which makes me wonder why anyone would pick a warrior. I guess walking around in a giant suit of armor is fairly interesting but being able to cut your opponents down before they even know what happened seems way more enjoyable.
    Some people like to take more damage then evading it (myself included), however i"m most likely playing a thief first.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    Some people like to take more damage then evading it (myself included), however i"m most likely playing a thief first.
    People like getting knocked on the noggin? And I thought I was weird.