10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I've played the game myself and I will have to say is it does not play slowly, they are playing slowly because all those players are trying it out for the first time. Now fighting is not that much faster, but it is a good chunk if you know what you're doing.
    I guess I'm just used to getting globaled in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I guess I'm just used to getting globaled in wow
    let that memory die a slow and painful death, do not worry the wounds will heal. The age of CC land is over.

What are the system requirements going to be like for this game? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Royaltru View Post
    What are the system requirements going to be like for this game? Anyone know?
    There hasn't been any official information about system requirements other than it should run on mid-range computers, but you can look at this thread for some decent speculation.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ts-t11373.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by degonite View Post

TB Norn Elementalist PvP
    Someone should tell him that there is elite skill in hes bar also which he somehow managed to never use. In past demos tornado at least looked like op skill.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 will be designed to run on computers with mid-range gaming specifications, but will have higher requirements than the original Guild Wars. Required system specifications have not been released. The aim is for Guild Wars to run great on 'mainstream' or 'mid-range gaming' PCs. game is being tested on older computers using parts that can no longer be bought in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 will be designed to run on computers with mid-range gaming specifications, but will have higher requirements than the original Guild Wars. Required system specifications have not been released. The aim is for Guild Wars to run great on 'mainstream' or 'mid-range gaming' PCs. game is being tested on older computers using parts that can no longer be bought in retail.
    You should change your username to Broken Record... How many times have we said this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You should change your username to Broken Record... How many times have we said this?
    I apologize if I'm not willing to sift through a 500 page thread for system requirements. I tried to look at the front page but after using the Find function for "system" and "requirements" I couldn't find anything. I realize I could've used the search function so I apologize

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be rather helpful if someone could be given edit rights to the first post, but all the section mods seem to be too busy posting in the Swtor thread to bother...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It would be rather helpful if someone could be given edit rights to the first post, but all the section mods seem to be too busy posting in the Swtor thread to bother...
    Or that we haven't seen anyone ask for it (at least I haven't), and FYI Trollsbane is the only mod that I know of that heavily posts in that thread to my knowledge, the rest of us flitter about like butterflies (because we're pretty). That might be it too. I'll get in contact with the OP and see what he wants to do. If he's MIA or doesn't want to keep the first post updated, I'll do my best putting newer information up there as you guys post it.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Someone should tell him that there is elite skill in hes bar also which he somehow managed to never use. In past demos tornado at least looked like op skill.
    He did point it out at the beginning of the video, but I don't believe he ever really had a reason to use it. It seems more of an "up close and personal" or "getaway" skill, and he never really got into melee range of many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Isn't there a little menu thing you can pop-up to swap out utility skills as well? I didn't see him check to see if any others might be interesting or better suited to pvp. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

Either way, I can't really blame him. I'm sure if I actually got a chance to play GW2 right now I'd be in so much shock that I would revert to keyboard turning and spamming one skill over and over! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Or that we haven't seen anyone ask for it (at least I haven't), and FYI Trollsbane is the only mod that I know of that heavily posts in that thread to my knowledge, the rest of us flitter about like butterflies (because we're pretty). That might be it too. I'll get in contact with the OP and see what he wants to do. If he's MIA or doesn't want to keep the first post updated, I'll do my best putting newer information up there as you guys post it.
    Personally I'd like to see Trollsbane configure the first post, since he did such a good job with the Swtor thread and has an interest in this game. My only reservation is that he might be a bit biased, since he's been following Swtor for so long. Still, I think he'd be the most qualified for the task. I don't know if he doesn't want to tackle the responsibility of managing two threads. He seemed to do a good job earlier today though.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    We haven't seen the OP for quite a while.

Perhaps we can rewrite the first post as a community effort, then have a mod edit it to the OP.
    I'm looking at you thread posters!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    let that memory die a slow and painful death, do not worry the wounds will heal. The age of CC land is over.
    omg this a thousand times. i watch the gw2 pvp videos and honestly can't wait to pvp. I'm not even a pvper because all the games thus far have been laughable global fests. it's really bad. alas, gw2 pvp to me looks like long battles where changing attunements, weapon sets, and differing skills will matter. no more globalization occurring just good pvp.

see you all in the arenas and in the WvW battles.

Alright, how about this. I'll take over the front page if nobody else wants to, but if there is anyone here interested in doing it, get in touch with me (first come first serve) and we'll see what we can work out as far as you doing all the work and me doing the updating.

What I'm really hoping for with GW2 is that the gameplay will be more skill based and less based around having the right (ie. best) gear. I know that GW was first and foremost a pvp game and I'm hoping they continue that trend. Maybe it's all wishful thinking on my part, seeing how mmo's have been out for a long time now, but I'm also really hoping that the community has the same feel to it that WoW did when it first launched, where people actually seemed to have fun with the game and didn't treat as some chore or secondary job or feel the need to complain about every little thing that they felt was unfair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    What I'm really hoping for with GW2 is that the gameplay will be more skill based and less based around having the right (ie. best) gear. I know that GW was first and foremost a pvp game and I'm hoping they continue that trend. Maybe it's all wishful thinking on my part, seeing how mmo's have been out for a long time now, but I'm also really hoping that the community has the same feel to it that WoW did when it first launched, where people actually seemed to have fun with the game and didn't treat as some chore or secondary job or feel the need to complain about every little thing that they felt was unfair.
    I suppose you have managed to miss most dev interviews about pvp? Don't worry GW2 will continue that trend and pvp will be more player skill based rather than item based. In my opinion they are also improving it from GW1 so that it's not so much about builds you use but how well you play the build you are running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    What I'm really hoping for with GW2 is that the gameplay will be more skill based and less based around having the right (ie. best) gear.
    I'm pretty sure all the gear per class at cap (and maybe before that) will be pretty much the same except for different skins.

GW pvp has always been about skill.

GW2 will be the same