Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Same with titles, I rarely use titles unless they really appeal to me, since I spend so much time thinking up a name I don't find stupid :P
    I'm a point away from getting Closer to the Stars, which for some reason really appeals to me. I'd be about five times happier if they had named it Weh no Su, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Questions to make me want to play!

1: Do all races get to be all classes nothing on the website about it?

2: When you shift click a name in chat do you get info about the level class and zone the player is in?
    "I Ask because in rift you just get their name again lol".

3: The random events have to reset at some point right?

4: Flying mounts Flight paths portals how do you travel in the game?
    "I see people teleport warping on the world map does not look fun really".

5: Like alchemy cooking etc in wow are there jobs like that since proffesion seems to be GW2's class system.
    "How many can you have"

6: Ui addons mods etc are they going to let them be done or block them like so many other next gen mmo's?

Yes.

2: When you shift click a name in chat do you get info about the level class and zone the player is in?
    Too specific, none cares much about chat functions pre-alpha.

yes, They have intervals if there is no intrest.

You can run or you can port - Bad decision making on arena.net's part imo.

5: Like alchemy cooking etc in wow are there jobs like that since proffesion seems to be GW2's class system.
    "How many can you have"
    No idea how many you can have (prob 2 ) but yeah, there are.

6: Ui addons mods etc are they going to let them be done or block them like so many other next gen mmo's?
    Nope. No UI mods at all

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Questions to make me want to play!

"How many can you have"

I can try to answer as many as possible...

1. They stated in one of the videos that you will be able to play every profession as every race. They don't want there to be any limitations on what you want to play.

2. I would think this is something we will find out in beta. It's no big thing that they would announce or even do at this point of development. Wait and see.

3. The random events have a "path" which they follow. If you don't defeat the first stage they move on to take over more parts of the land, or pillage, whatever you prefer. But I doubt we will see entire zones taken over, especially since they scale with the amount of players.

4. It will be just like in GW, you will be teleporting using the map. Basically it's there to make sure you can get to places fast and not miss out on big events and such. I think it's just fine, flight paths just take up time and you rarely use them anyway.

5. The professions in GW are the classes. There will be crafting "jobs"/professions you will be able to pick. I think there was something on the first page about it.

6. I'm not sure about this one, I don't think they have said anything about customization of the UI, I haven't noticed it atleast. What I do know is that ArenaNet wants PvP to be as balanced as possible, third-party add-ons could mess it up a bit. We will have to wait. They have said that they don't want damage meters and such.

Hope it answers your questions. I might not be fully correct, someone will have to add to it if that's the case.

EDIT: Dam, Keller beat me to it

How is this "map-porting" explained lorewise btw? Never played Guild Wars 1 honestly.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Good to hear. I don't mind missing out on some armor skins, especially since flashy gear is nice, but there's nothing wrong with some basic steel gear you might see on common soldiers, it has it's own epic feel.

Same with titles, I rarely use titles unless they really appeal to me, since I spend so much time thinking up a name I don't find stupid :P

And finally, unique ranger pets don't bother me, especially since hell will have long frozen over before I play another bow&arrow user that needs to babysit a damn pet.
    You'll be glad to know, you'll probably be more unique without the HoM items. :P
    The amount of people I've found that bought GW just to get them is insane. Although if you do decide to pick up the GW games give me a PM, I still need to do Factions and Nightfall campains.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    How is this "map-porting" explained lorewise btw? Never played Guild Wars 1 honestly.
    It's a fantasy world, filled with magic and technology. Anything is possible.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-18 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Traveling in GW2 will be done by using yer feet , waypoints and asura gates. The latter are teleports and are pretty much explained away with "it's magic lol". I really don't care about the lore behind map traveling, all I care about is having it. It's one of the things I reallllly miss in WoW. Flights are kind of fun the first two times, after that it's just tedious, and a big advantage of map travel is how easy and fast it is to meet up with your friends somewhere. If you don't like waypoints, feel free to walk everywhere (I know there are die-hards in the new Fallout games who never use map travel either).

10+ Year Old Account
    I should not have bought rift, now i regret getting a digital copy, at least an irl copy had a memory stick and art.

Looks like its time to take up vindictus, similar combat system its good practice.

I should not have bought rift, now i regret getting a digital copy, at least an irl copy had a memory stick and art.

Looks like its time to take up vindictus, similar combat system its good practice.
    Brilliant idea, vindictus would be a good way to practice for GW2.

i still hope they implement mounts.
    ocarina of time made me love mounting in an open field

Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    i still hope they implement mounts.
    ocarina of time made me love mounting in an open field
    No flying mounts though...... flying mounts are just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    No flying mounts though...... flying mounts are just silly.
    Forcing ground mounts and walking to make the world feel big, when you can fast travel on the world map is silly.

Deleted
    Forcing ground mounts and walking to make the world feel big, when you can fast travel on the world map is silly.
    Derp. The game is about been able to play with who you want when you want. Fast travel makes that happen alot easier and quicker than flying/running/walking to their location.

Deleted
    Personally, I'll sacrifice some immersion and the world feeling big for convenience - I have limited playtime and I don't want to waste 10-15 minutes of it just getting places. Besides, you'll need to get to a waypoint on foot the first time anyway, just like in GW1. If I understand it right, there'll be asura gates in all the major cities, though, so I think you should be able to port from Divinity's Reach to the Black Citadel without having been to the Citadel first.

Quote Originally Posted by midwintersong View Post
    Personally, I'll sacrifice some immersion and the world feeling big for convenience - I have limited playtime and I don't want to waste 10-15 minutes of it just getting places. Besides, you'll need to get to a waypoint on foot the first time anyway, just like in GW1. If I understand it right, there'll be asura gates in all the major cities, though, so I think you should be able to port from Divinity's Reach to the Black Citadel without having been to the Citadel first.
    I don't understand why people who like immersion get angry when there is teleporting.... if you don't like it don't use it. Just hoof it to where you want to go and keep your immersion. But don't protest a functionality that benefits people who immersion isn't a big deal to or have limited playtime and spending 10-15 minutes running somewhere when you only have an hour to play. If you don't like the feature don't use it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    I don't understand why people who like immersion get angry when there is teleporting.... if you don't like it don't use it. Just hoof it to where you want to go and keep your immersion. But don't protest a functionality that benefits people who immersion isn't a big deal to or have limited playtime and spending 10-15 minutes running somewhere when you only have an hour to play. If you don't like the feature don't use it. Simple as that.
    It's because it's how that immersion is presented. I'm fine with teleportation, if you have to walk up to a bevy of mages on a magical platform and enter a portal. That's acceptable teleportation immersion for me. What I don't like is just opening the map "I WANNA BE THAR" stuff. That doesn't do it for me, just reeks of lazy. WoW and Aion do Portals, and that's fine. WoW broke this methodology with Dungeon Finder (for admittedly good reasons, but I would still prefer some kind of a portal)

I believe you have to discover the TP points first before going there. So the only difference is its like a instant version of flight paths. I know for the first few weeks ill be hoofing it to explore all the cool areas and events.

I mean, I'd even be fine with Map Teleportation if they at least ADDED a portal shrine somewhere in every city, that implied mages were doing the portaling of you. Not doing so though begs the question "Why can't I teleport wherever I want" then. The lack of some kind of a portal shrine implies that you're the person doing the teleporting, not a 3rd party. If that's the case, then the same immersion begs the question why you can't teleport into the middle of the Shiver Peaks to do your business and teleport back.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    I mean, I'd even be fine with Map Teleportation if they at least ADDED a portal shrine somewhere in every city, that implied mages were doing the portaling of you. Not doing so though begs the question "Why can't I teleport wherever I want" then. The lack of some kind of a portal shrine implies that you're the person doing the teleporting, not a 3rd party. If that's the case, then the same immersion begs the question why you can't teleport into the middle of the Shiver Peaks to do your business and teleport back.
    There is no indication there wont be is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
    There is no indication there wont be is there?
    No, there isn't, but it was one thing that bugged me about GW1, so one can hope! I mean, it's not game breaking, but it's the kind of consideration you want developers to take into mind, that they're not just making a game, but a world that people can sink into.