Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    At the end a the day it's a world different from our world so I guess its true they can implement what ever if its justifiable by the lore, which if they get the question about it I think will have a hard time answering if they haven't got a clear answer. I found it interesting and I hope they have a good answer from the lore, if not they better change it.

Shiit im normally not a lore freak, I actually dont give a flying as long as the game is great, still its interesting.
    Its a fantasy game, its world isn't supposed to be EXACTLY like ours, much like how WoW had many futuristic things (mainly in Outland) as well.

The world can evolve in whatever they wish it to, thats the beauty of it. (I'm sure they will have a lore explanation, probably just the world had seen many advances over the years, or something.)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-05-25 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a lore question, don't embarrass yourself
    Actually I'd be more embarrassed if I posted petty passive aggressive dribble like you just did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Actually I'd be more embarrassed if I posted petty passive aggressive dribble like you just did.
    like I give a flying fuck what you think

You seem to if your still posting.

Really, no reason to be rude to everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrgh! I cant stand it! This game looks so fun and pretty, I wants to play it now!

Jon Peters: There is one left, so hold on...

DeBussy: Yes, there will be. So listen to me carefully, CAREFULLY!... With only one profession left to be revealed you only have one remaining possibility *clears throat* to 'change my 'MIND'' again.

Eric Flannum: *laughs* Well, we’ll see. We may be able to "change your MIND".

DeBussy: *cheers* Well, so I thank you for this wonderful interview. I hope we got the message across, that the engineer will be THE most awesome thing in Guild Wars 2, yet! I am pretty excited about it.

------------------

There ya have it. Now you all know the last profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Arrgh! I cant stand it! This game looks so fun and pretty, I wants to play it now!
    Patience my friend! If I've been reading right, GW2 was actually announced around 2007, so we've actually been waiting almost 4 years for this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Jon Peters: There is one left, so hold on...

DeBussy: Yes, there will be. So listen to me carefully, CAREFULLY!... With only one profession left to be revealed you only have one remaining possibility *clears throat* to 'change my 'MIND'' again.

Eric Flannum: *laughs* Well, we’ll see. We may be able to "change your MIND".

DeBussy: *cheers* Well, so I thank you for this wonderful interview. I hope we got the message across, that the engineer will be THE most awesome thing in Guild Wars 2, yet! I am pretty excited about it.

------------------

There ya have it. Now you all know the last profession.
    It was pretty obvious what the final profession was without that interview, since the last profession would be a returning profession they already said, and Paragon and Dervish didn't live up to GW scholar type, and Ritualist was merged into Engineer.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-25 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't think the final class reveal will be a big surprise :P I just hope we can have it sooooon. I just went and watched the manifesto video and the trailer on the official site again, and it's just gotten me all hyped up. Again. I want this game so badly I can taste it.

Edit: putting money on getting the mesmer at one of the cons ArenaNet are attending this summer, either PAX or Gamescon in Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ^ from looking at the Rift forum it seems like it already bombed, I'm sure there's still a lot of people playing but I bet most that left WoW for Rift are back now.
    I tried Rift just to see what it was like and got extremely bored after about 2-3 weeks. It's the most repetitive game I've ever seen. It had a few good things going for it, I did like the dynamic events and the soul tree system but beyond that I wasn't that impressed.

Aion seems to have picked up quite a bit, I've been playing for a few weeks and am quite happy with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It was pretty obvious what the final profession was without that interview, since the last profession would be a [i]returning[/] profession they already said, and Paragon and Dervish didn't live up to GW scholar type, and Ritualist was merged into Engineer.
    Would be fun if it was actually the monk, but diablo 3 style a scholar melee

I have to admit, purely for the lols, I would love them to announce the 8th profession at one of the conventions this summer . . . and for it not to be mesmer The youtube of that announcement would be hilarious

But nah, I'm loving my GW1 Mesmer (it feels really, really different to anything I've played before) so if they can pull a similar trick with the 8th profession (or indeed any of the professions) in GW2, I don't really care what they're called.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Would be fun if it was actually the monk, but diablo 3 style a scholar melee
    I did suggest on the gw2guru forums that it might not be a Mesmer based off that interview. Though I got my head ripped off for suggesting that the way Eric using the "mind" part aswell could suggest it was something else, since it all could be a mind trick/lure on the community to think the Mesmer is coming but infact it's something else in scholar shoes.

But can you imagine the uproar it would cause if it wasn't the Mesmer? Look at the Engineer uproar and that one waas predicted people just hate the idea since it ws released.

i can't decide which race i should go yet
    i hope they'll come out with a list of the racials some time before the release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i can't decide which race i should go yet
    i hope they'll come out with a list of the racials some time before the release
    Racials won't be game breaking like WoW's so you shuldn't worry about them to be honest, they said racials would be weaken then any similar skills.

Deleted
    Anyone else dissappointed they removed mesmers? I miss my ancient geared little debuffer. Though Engineer looks promising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    Anyone else dissappointed they removed mesmers? I miss my ancient geared little debuffer. Though Engineer looks promising.
    Erm you realise, that the 8th profession is 99.9% most likely Mesmer?

Why would they remove the iconic profession of the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Erm you realise, that the 8th profession is 99.9% most likely Mesmer?

Why would they remove the iconic profession of the game?
    Mostly I would have to say...because Gwen's a mesmer.

Though I'm not too sure the 8th will be another damage focused class. I think we'll see something more support orientated, while the guardian looks like a promising P/Rt/D hybrid we haven't really got a true healer yet. In think the 8th will be something along the lines of Priest/Monk style healer.

Although speaking of Rt...

No, there will be no single healer class. All 8 classes are going to be able to do damage, work as support, fight up front/from range/in the middle . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.