Having problems selling glyphs. Need some advice.

Here's my story.

I have most of the glyphs available. I know what the most popular glyphs are. For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to sell my glyphs, but haven't sold any at all. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. Maybe not selling the right glyphs, or at the wrong times. I really tried everything. Come to find out it wasn't me. There is this player that sits in front of the AH almost all day long undercutting my glyphs within a matter of a minute when I put mine up for sale. So whenever I put my glyph up for sale he would almost immediately undercut mine. So I tried to undercut him right back, but he keeps doing the same thing. I put up roughly 100 different glyphs on the ah and this player undercut each one of them immediately. I got so pissed I put them all up for 20g and he bought them out and put mine back up for sale at his price.

I don't know what I can do to sell my glyphs. I tried everything, but as soon as I put mine up he undercuts them.

My 2 questions are...

Is this player using a certain glyph addon that alerts him of his auctions that are being undercut so quickly?

Second, what do you recommend I do with a player like this. It's not just me either. Just about everyone who tried to sell glyphs complains about this player. Any advice would be appreciated, ty.

He might be a bot. You can report it, but you probably won't see action taken right away because blizz usually investigates them for a while.

You're playing a losing game with him unfortunately, unless you want to hawk in trade chat.

Hack the game, find his nationality, hack his government and get his personal info, travel (you got epic mount right?!), smack his head with a cold noodle/wedgie(?)/trash his computer/poke him in the eye and last but not least, yell at him. ALOT!

Some ppl should'nt be allowed to get to play this game... That kind is one of them ....................... that is, if its not a bot, otherwise go find his owner!

glyph merchant and prolific undercutter here.

if i find myself in SW for more than i need to be i'll log to my bank alt and repost my wares. out of all my competitors, 2 in particular play the same game i do. i found it's more of a long term investment that trickles a slow but steady income into my coffers. find something else to sell as well as your glyphs

i use 2 85's and 1 80. the 85s are jc/alch and herbs/alch. the 80 is a scribe/enchanter. the addons i use are auctioneer and bagnon. i make about 20-30k a week, depending on how focused i am.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Yep report them for AH botting. Otherwise your only option is to keep undercutting him until he feels its not worth it to sell that low.

If it is automated and you can find the auto buy price then just flood him with glyphs until he's out of money.

also remember , now once u learn a glyph, yo dont need to repurchase it later if u change ur mind..kinda sucks for scribes

Well, it depends.

If this person really is undercutting you 24/7, they're most likely botting and you can let Blizzard take care of it for you. However, if they're still keeping "human" hours (logs off occasionally for a few hours to sleep/shower/whatever), it might just be a really aggressive seller. Unfortunately for all of us, some people really don't have anything better to do than babysit the AH for hours at a time.

If that's the case, you're going to have to make a choice. You can either play hardball by seeing how low he'll go, buying up all his sales and re-listing, or you can give up and save yourself the headache. To be honest, chances are this guy has some serious liquid gold if he's dominating the glyph market, and with the changes coming next patch, there's a good chance herb prices might tank and glyph prices go down lower. I'd start looking to diversify, if I were you.

Thanks for all the replies. Guess I'll try to diversify my professions.

One last question. What's the best addon I can use to quickly list my glyphs instead of one at a time?

Deleted
    There are various auction addons that can be used to list auctions and such. Have a look around curse for one that suits yours need.

I don't really play the AH competetively anymore so I have no addons so can't name any for you sorry. But yeah, as other have suggested, report the player if you believe he is a bot. If it is a bot this could leave the AH open for you to dominate once he has been removed

Deleted
    "I got so pissed I put them all up for 20g and he bought them out and put mine back up for sale at his price. "

Keep doing this, assuming 20g is actually profitable for you, if it's not, put it at the lowest price that you can afford to do, sooner or later he's gonna /w you and then you can maybe work something out. Tho this will take a decent chunk of gold on your part, which is what he's probably counting on.

Sadly if you're poor or not that inclined to be aggressive & competative he's probably going to "win" in the long run. Selling glyphs is still amazingly profitable, which is why you get people like this very very aggressively defending their market.

TradeSkillMaster

Takes a while to set up, but it will allow you to do what you want to. I use it to post 300+ auctions every few hours. Well worth the time to get working, The Consortium forums have a great write up on setting it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report him. Even someone with absolutely no social life or job can't be online more than about 12 hours a day. If you see him online more than that, then he's either sharing his account (ban), or botting (ban). Either way, he'll be gone shortly if you report him.

Beyond trying to get the guy banned, there's nothing you really can do. If he has as much stock as I think he does, then you can't do anything to muscle him out of the market. If you undercut him too heavily he'll just buy you out, and if you don't undercut him too heavily he'll just re-undercut you. You lose either situation. Find another market to make gold.