Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

No ideas left......

I have been thinking that Blizzard have no ideas left for World of Warcraft, cuz they make 4.1 BUT i think that its just not good. Uhhh the trolls are having a new instance, but what more then some quests and two new instances ?

Just because they're recycling old content doesn't mean they're running out of idea.

yeah "the trolls are having a new instance", and probably a new thread as well... but here we go anyway.

this patch is just a SHORT filler patch before 4.2, which will bring the new raiding content, and arena/RBG season.

There is a lot more left. I am glad they pushed firelands back because I remember when ToC was released not long after Ulduar came out. People stopped doing Ulduar before it was cleared then farming ToC till ICC came out got old very fast.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're running out of ideas. Blizzard has amazing story tellers working for them.

A succesful company like Blizzard also does not leap into a game like this without a plan. I'm sure they have a general story written until Sargeras and level 100.

Deleted
    They are recycling old instances cause people have wished for them to do so, i've read multiply of threads around on the forums about exactly THAT.
    Believe me Blizz sure has ideas left, don't take 4.1 for granted.
    It Won't stop !!!111
    Last edited by mmoc4991461810; 2011-04-26 at 11:05 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    I don't think they're running out of ideas. Blizzard has amazing story tellers working for them.

A succesful company like Blizzard also does not leap into a game like this without a plan. I'm sure they have a general story written until Sargeras and level 100.
    I'll disagree on the story teller thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I'll disagree on the story teller thing :P
    You try and find a game with more lore in it, if you can then good for you. But there isnt many around that even comes close.

And to aqthedruid
    They didnt push firelands to a later time, they pushed 4.1 to earlier!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hviske10ske View Post
    You try and find a game with more lore in it, if you can then good for you. But there isnt many around that even comes close.

And to aqthedruid
    Haha you kidding right? If 4.1 was pushed to early what about 4.2? Are you expecting us to farm heroics like in more months and than firelands? Please don't make a fool out of yourself and understand that blizzard is just a bunch of slackers

Deleted

And to aqthedruid
    They had great story tellers in the past, atm they are slacking like hell in the lore department.

Every excuse for a villain atm is "Old God Corruption HUR DUR".

4.1.0 is another brain fart of their part, so the Zandalari that worked so hard to destroy Hakkar and the Gurubashi now wants to help to rebuild their empire. Yes that makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account

And to aqthedruid
    That statement needs a TON of clarification. Warcraft as a series has a TON of amazing and truly well written lore. But Warcraft series ≠ WoW, WoW's story has generally been extremely lackluster and honestly has had quite a few points where it didn't make a whole lot of sense or just wasn't even correct at all. (I'm looking at you red shirt guy).

As for this patch I do like they concept but I feel the way they did it might have been a little weird. If the big tribe (I forget their names) is helping all the little tribes why are all the mobs from all the instances just recycled from the old versions. That doesn't make sense. The bosses I can somewhat understand and its nice to see the mechanics aren't the same but I think they took recycled a little too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    They had great story tellers in the past, atm they are slacking like hell in the lore department.

4.1.0 is another brain fart of their part, so the Zandalari that worked so hard to destroy Hakkar and the Gurubashi now wants to help to rebuild their empire. Yes that makes perfect sense.
    yet you don't know the whole story. who is the real mastermind behind this sudden change in the zandalari command chain. thats what we will learn.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think its so much THAT they're using the old gods its HOW. The old gods are, I personally think, the most interesting and potentially awesome source of lore they have but every single god damn application of it so far has just been... At some time in someones past an old god planted a seed that made him bad overtime via whispers. Like honestly I know they're going to fuck up the deathwing instances that show his past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    yet you don't know the whole story. who is the real mastermind behind this sudden change in the zandalari command chain. thats what we will learn.
    I almost bet that the Old God excuse will come up again in this plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    That's something even a first year english major would know not to do. "Sudden change in the zandalari command chain with no explanation or reason" is akin to "Fuck it we'll do it anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 07:28 AM ----------

I almost bet that the Old God excuse will come up again in this plot.
    I'd be remiss if it didn't :P

Take a look at some of the source books form the tabletop version. They haven't blown threw all that content yet so WOW is still good for a few more years
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    1 post. bandwagon thread. I'm saying nothing, other than that no, 4.1 is stuffed with game improvements and QoL features, with 4.2 supposedly coming 'soon' after (tm) hopefully within a month or two, giving us a 6-7 month raiding tier - which is just about spot on for me ;D

peace!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
    yeah "the trolls are having a new instance", and probably a new thread as well... but here we go anyway.

this patch is just a SHORT filler patch before 4.2, which will bring the new raiding content, and arena/RBG season.
    Guess you must be forgeting when the last patch was.. yep, that's right, nearly a year ago. Unless you count Cata launch but you had to buy it so that hardly counts. Players who pay the sub but didn't buy Cata didn't get a thing.
    Still.. even if you count it, its been 5+ months. And all they can release is 2 rehashed instances? 4.2 will take at least 3-4 months too. Some companies can release an entirely new game in that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupercal View Post
    That's something even a first year english major would know not to do. "Sudden change in the zandalari command chain with no explanation or reason" is akin to "Fuck it we'll do it anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 07:28 AM ----------

I'd be remiss if it didn't :P
    maybe sudden wasn't the best word. we don't know who made this command king rastakhan or did propher zul overthrown him. or did he corrupt king rastakhan in doing this.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    well i think its stupid to first remove ZG and in the next patch bring it bk,...ofc i understand people QQ that they wanted it bk...now they have and still they QQ..;p