Ore prices have jumped. . . have they on your server?

So 2 weeks ago it started becoming harder and harder as more people found out how to make massive amounts of gold with the ore. + JCing.

And ever since then ore has jumped on my server back up to avg 68g per stack.

Maybe blizz banned my servers bots/farmers. I continue to see people talking about sub 40g ore. Was wondering if anyone else saw their ore jump in price recently and speculations as to why it did.
    Last edited by bgwilly31; 2011-04-21 at 05:25 PM.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    Yeah on my server at least the price of ore goes from ~40g to 100g for a stack of Obsidium, tho I think it's more a case of that they are listing high, it doesn't sell, so they relist lower and lower until the price falls before the 54g floor. At this point it starts selling again .

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen an increase too. Not that dramatic, but it was always sub 36g for elementium and 42 for obsidium for a couple weeks. Now I'm lucky to find either under 50g. Pyrite is actually cheaper sometimes, which makes me laugh :P. It's kind of odd though, since if anything I'd have expected the price to drop due to people not wanting to buy mass quantities and not finish cutting/vendoring the gems before the 4.1 cut gem vendor price drop.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our have gone up as well and dont really know the reason why yet

Deleted
    I first read "Oil prices have gone up"... Maybe farmers need more cash to pay electricity bills.

Over this past weekend Pyrite ore prices dropped almost 50% but Elementium and Obsidium have remained steady.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    I first read "Oil prices have gone up"... Maybe farmers need more cash to pay electricity bills.
    Me too. I laughed thinking it was some kind of conspiracy theory.

I have no idea about the price of ore. I don't really keep tabs on those kind of things, though I do sell ore on the AH when it starts to clutter my bags.

Not for my Server. The same guy (gold farmer?) puts like 40-60 stacks of elementium on the AH every morning for 36-38G. I buy em all and do the crush/cut/vendor thing.

The question I have is someone really paying for WoW just to farm ore or is it a Bot? If it is a Bot how the heck can Blizz not see it?

I haven't noticed any price jumps for ore on my server, but my guess is it wil happen soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    on Draenor-EU horde side they're up to about 50g per stack, effectively cutting off my last few days of money making

went from spending 30k+ per day to barely 1k

i attribute that at least in some part to more people catching on to the money making thing, seen people asking for CoD stacks of ore, 35-40g per stack etc

oh well, i made a wee bit of cash while i could

Maybe the gem market will bounce back now that the ore/JC thing is gone, new epics in 5-mans, and 4.2 brings a new tier and 5 manners buy the JP epics

Like me, allot of people didnt realize the Vendor trash price of cut uncommon gems.

Also on my server, Elementium ore didnt fall below 40G price untill last month. Then word started getting around.

If anyone buys Elementium ore at more than 45g a stack, they are probably going to lose money, unless they get lucky and get a bunch of inferno rubys. I wouldnt count on it tho, in my expereince of prospecting thousands of stacks, inferno ruby has a lower than average change of dropping among the rare gems.

Also, Ore prices will ONLY GO DOWN! They will not go up at all. The vendor trash price of cut uncommons is going down to 75s. So uncut uncommon gems at 5g for vendor trash price will mean ore will be around 25g a stack.

too many people saw the videos of how to make easy money with JC thanks to the ore so prices went up

About three weeks ago, after maintenance, a lot of the bots disappeared from my server. Not all of them were gone, but enough that the price of Obsidium went from ~38g to ~46g and Elementium from ~30g to ~39g. Still not terribly high, but enough to make me consider being a bit more selective when purchasing ore.

This is really a funny thread for me.

Obsidium Ore was never cheaper then 48-50 gold on my server in the past months, and it is often 60+ gold per stack. Elementium Ore is usually around 36-40 gold. Pyrite Ore I don't follow that closely, but I never saw it below 120g (usually way more).

A couple of weeks ago we had a significant jump in ore prices. Obsidium went from arond 50 to around 70, and it took a few weeks for the price to go back to the usual level. Back then I assumed it was the result of a mass banning of bots. Much of the ore supply comes from bots. When you have people listing 50-60-70 stacks of ore at a time below the effective vendor price, then it is really hard not to think they are bots.