Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Amani Battle Bear on PTR

Okay, so i've been wondering how hard these are to obtain? Has anyone on PTR done a sucessful four chest yet? If so how hard is it? And does ZA reset daily or weekly like a raid?

Both ZA and ZG are dungeons and can be done multiple times during 1 day with the random..

They award 140 VP and since they announced that you can do all your dailys in 1 day, that has to mean that you can do your 7 ZA/ZG to get your max VP for the week..

Quote Originally Posted by Kboydston View Post
    Okay, so i've been wondering how hard these are to obtain? Has anyone on PTR done a sucessful four chest yet? If so how hard is it? And does ZA reset daily or weekly like a raid?
    Since it is a dungeon, not a raid, it'll reset every day like a normal heroic dungeon

Deleted
    We did it 4times
    Pally Tank, Pally Heal, Arcane Mage, Destro Lock, Shadow Priest
    we got +5minutes at the end.
    it's a daily reset

Quote Originally Posted by Kikosan View Post
    We did it 4times
    Pally Tank, Pally Heal, Arcane Mage, Destro Lock, Shadow Priest
    we got +5minutes at the end.
    it's a daily reset
    Very stupid if you guys were already to beast it down with 5 minutes left on PTR.. Well guess the bear model is going to be fucking scrub now.

Deleted
    depends if that +5 is meaning 5 minutes over or under the timer.

Keep in mind they were in premade gear on premade characters probably or even better - on imba heroic geared live chars copies. Those dungeons were designed for 346 with some 359 ilvl geared peeps :P
    S.H.

Very stupid if you guys were already to beast it down with 5 minutes left on PTR.. Well guess the bear model is going to be fucking scrub now.
    or perhaps.. its not fully tuned yet. ya know, it being a test realm and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    depends if that +5 is meaning 5 minutes over or under the timer.
    Eh yeah true.. But also, even coming within 5mins of the timer probably says it's to easy with a group in gear now.. Just goes to say in one tier of content ppl will BLAST through this and make the bear model like the bronze drake. We are only in the first tier of content right now so it's pretty stupid.

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Keep in mind they were in premade gear on premade characters probably or even better - on imba heroic geared live chars copies. Those dungeons were designed for 346 with some 359 ilvl geared peeps :P
    Yeah willing to bet the day it comes out everyone will be riding around on them Amani Battle bears. Welp time to pack up my warbear and not ride it anymore :/

Deleted
    Thanks for that, your pain and suffering for something so juvenile has just made me feel a little happier!

The original was a bitch to get. As a holder of an original war bear and knowing the kind of strategy/gear requisite required i find this all stupid. They need to change the model of the new bear so WOLK babies can't ride around on something that demeans the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelion View Post
    Thanks for that, your pain and suffering for something so juvenile has just made me feel a little happier!
    Mine too.

Furthermore, these heroics are tuned to be more difficult than the current ones, but they're still not tuned for people who are completely decked out in raid gear. The green bear is going to be a common sight soon after the launch of 4.1. If this fact makes you kick and scream cry, you need to stop blaming blizzard and start looking at your own life and why something so minuscule has the power to throw you through a loop.

You mean like the 10 man version was? Cuz it was easy back then too kiddo.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Premades on the ptr don't have heroic raid gear. They infact don't have any epic gear but instead are in "heroic 5-man" gear so they can properly test the tuning for entry level ZA and ZG. Which means testing for those its meant for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well things can change on the ptr so. Might get harder at least i hope so but if not i will use it just to piss people off :P

Implying the original bear wasn't easy to get?

You can count on having it on all of your alts
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    I see what you did thar

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    This about sums it up. I'm personally just looking forward to adding the bear to my DK's collection rather than having it rot on an older toon. Anyone who was actually good enough to be raiding the current tier (I'll consider both 5 and 6 current here as the T5 gear was plenty and still worth farming for some) was rolling on the bear weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except, the war bear wasn't easy to get if you were only in Karazhan/ZA epics, which is what the content was balanced for.
    {[( )]}