Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbane View Post
    People do a pretty good job with corrupting crashes, every now and then a MC stays up a shade to long. Our corruption is typically at 0 or 10 going into P2, it just seems like the tentacles stay up for a full 26 seconds or so so there is no dps time in between, which i'm not sure how to fix.

If you are getting 4 plus adds in phase one, which you realize means its a dps problem, then the tentacles are thus a dps problem as well. 4 adds means more times spent on the slimes which means less total uptime on cho'gall. Which then relates to tentacles up to long in p2 which means more aoe damage which means cho'gall takes longer to kill then gg you die because healer run out of mana.

Try the 2 healer strat. I have done with as a holy pally with a holy priest for all of our kills. Make sure you have the right number of people on adds for the correct number add you are one. No need to have 4 people dpsing the first set of slimes. As soon as the add is dead everyone transition back to the boss. Is your DK kiting the add back up the stairs to the entrance? Adding the boomkin will help out a lot. It might be a few wipes before your healers get the correct rotation down for their mana conservation, but as a Holy Pally it shouldnt change much in all honesty.

Judge every 8 secs, Arcane Torrent *if BE* and divine please on CD. I only usually have mana issues if we fail on MC's and the tanks start getting hit hard. Im sitting at 101k mana unbuffed, so let that be a marker for your pally.

A small tip for your fire mage.
    Make him go to AskMrRobot.com. Ii will give him some hints regarding enchants, reforges and gear.
    A bit easy perhaps but since he has trouble reading english it might be worth a try.
    Hope it helps and good luck.
    And noo, I havent downed Cho myself... We are also a more of a social/casual guild that raids so we got started late.
    (plus I dont like to rush)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedeguy View Post
    A small tip for your fire mage.
    Make him go to AskMrRobot.com. Ii will give him some hints regarding enchants, reforges and gear.
    A bit easy perhaps but since he has trouble reading english it might be worth a try.
    Hope it helps and good luck.
    And noo, I havent downed Cho myself... We are also a more of a social/casual guild that raids so we got started late.
    (plus I dont like to rush)

that and you're a panda... everyone knows pandas eats shoots and leaves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also if you have a boomkin, you should easily be able to switch to your elemental shaman. A boomkin basically negates the need for a hunter on the fight due to the fact they can use their shrooms to slow, and if adds get too close they can knockback with typhoon. Also you will be adding another aoe dps, so adds will die faster anyways. Not to mention today is 4.1, which means your shaman will have sick nasty aoe dps, and the tank can solo interrupt the adds (hit cap no longer needed). The big thing for 2 healing you need to do is make sure you are fast on worshipping interrupts. 2 healing is very easy as long as he doesn't get a lot of stacks. If he gets 2-3 stacks along with fire orders though, it can be some pretty heavy tank damage.

We tried popping Time Warp at the start of phase 2, but I've found it helps to wait until the 3rd set. Since in P2, you're always gaining corruption, have time warp towards the end seemed to help dps/healers a lot more than popping it at the beginning.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorinB13 View Post
    We tried popping Time Warp at the start of phase 2, but I've found it helps to wait until the 3rd set. Since in P2, you're always gaining corruption, have time warp towards the end seemed to help dps/healers a lot more than popping it at the beginning.
    Problem with Lust is that a lot of people tunnel when it hits. They get a big dps boost and sometimes forget mechanics. Are you calling out when to switch (im sure you are) to the tentacles? A lot of time our raid leader tunnels at the end of fights and doesnt call things out. Sure everyone should know when to switch on their own, but its becomes the fact that people become used to hearing "blackout everyone stack on the tail" and when it doesnt come they just dont realize they need to move. Perhaps this could be a problem?

I realize im picking small things at the moment but you already realize its really a player/dps problem, im just trying to see if there are oversights that you might have over looked and these could help with over all dps numbers.

In phase 2 you should be done by the 5th set of adds or you're boned. As a survival hunter you should be doing 15k easily (seriously, even in blues I was doing 14k) and especially at chogall you should all be around 13-20k. Your adds should NOT need to be frost maged simply because survival hunters have the 4 second root with ice trap, as well as slow, and that procs your L&L so you should be able to handle the first 2 almost solo with a little help making it easier.

How we do this fight is we assign 2 AoE heavy classes for the first 2 groups of little adds. All AoE on the 3rd. Typically, it is me (surv/MM) and a fire mage/frost DK. At the third do a ring of frost to hold em all up then throw a frost trap between them and chogall. Since you are on adds mostly it should be like magmaw where you do insane DPS. Also 11k is bad, really bad, people were doing that in wotlk. Also if you're having problems gearing up, I'd suggest spending more time gearing up your least geared people.

Also for the tentacles, an easy thing to do is when chogall is about to go to p2, move him onto his throne. This way, all the adds spawn basically right next to each other. Prot pally should be able to interrupt 3 easily and you should be able to blast through em with some aoe VERY easily.

Also you should be pushing phase 2 at the FOURTH add spawn, not the fifth. You'll be overrun with adds and the adds will have DR on aoe damage at that point.

Sounds like you are having some of the same struggles my guild did before we got our first kill. It looks like you're already aware of what some of your current problems are, so I think you're on the path to eventually killing Cho. That said, here are a few observations from my own experience:

1) Go with two healers. More damage reduces the number of add phases, which can help your healers out a lot.
    2) Your tanks and healers should, ideally, have a cooldown rotation worked out in advance to handle the spikes in damage. For tanks, the Tol Barad rep trinket is very nice on this fight.
    3) Leave the rogue on the boss as long as you can. Your tank should be able to get all the interrupts on the add (for us, there are usually three per add). If necessary, send a mage or shaman to help out.
    4) See what you can do to improve your fire mage's dps. 11k seems really low. You may also want to consider buying whatever BoEs you can for your hunter.
    5) You don't mention it, but I am wondering how much shadow power you usually enter p2 with. For us, we found that p2 quickly became unhealable if shadow power was high at the start of p2. Conversely, if we enter p2 with very low shadow power it's almost always a kill. Minimizing damage taken during p1 is really important for this reason.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lujanera View Post
    Sounds like you are having some of the same struggles my guild did before we got our first kill. It looks like you're already aware of what some of your current problems are, so I think you're on the path to eventually killing Cho. That said, here are a few observations from my own experience:

1) Go with two healers. More damage reduces the number of add phases, which can help your healers out a lot.
    2) Your tanks and healers should, ideally, have a cooldown rotation worked out in advance to handle the spikes in damage. For tanks, the Tol Barad rep trinket is very nice on this fight.
    3) Leave the rogue on the boss as long as you can. Your tank should be able to get all the interrupts on the add (for us, there are usually three per add). If necessary, send a mage or shaman to help out.
    4) See what you can do to improve your fire mage's dps. 11k seems really low. You may also want to consider buying whatever BoEs you can for your hunter.
    5) You don't mention it, but I am wondering how much shadow power you usually enter p2 with. For us, we found that p2 quickly became unhealable if shadow power was high at the start of p2. Conversely, if we enter p2 with very low shadow power it's almost always a kill. Minimizing damage taken during p1 is really important for this reason.

Apparently Corruption going into phase 2 is not a problem for them

Again haven't read every post been real busy, but make sure that your dps is interupting the eye stalks when possible. Wind shear, counter spell, arcane torrent, etc. it makes a difference.
    sry if it's been said already.

(not sure what other kinds of CC works to interupt them, never tried anything else)

Some other have mentioned some/most of this, but here are my suggestions.

#1 If you are running a Frost mage, get back on your Ele. EB Totem/RoF/Frost nova etc is enough. While it is not ideal, you can have your Rogues help out on adds with FoK and if they get targeted they can vanish and again FoK. Rogues SHOULD be able to stay on Cho'gall the entire time other than add help (if you need it, and I am talking Blood of the Old God adds) Interrupters you have 3 that can do it at ranged, + the tank (2 mages and assuming you on your Ele). So...that should help the dps a bit.

Placement on adds is also key, keeping your corruption low for P2 allows healers to dps a little to beat the enrage.

Have your rogues help damage the bloods, just make sure they get out before they die and explode.