Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    First 7 random "old" heroic dungeons will each give 70 VP
    First 7 random "new" heroic dungeons will each give 140 VP.

However, you can only recieve up to 980 VP per week through random heroic dungeons. So you can reach this cap by running for example

7 * "new" random heroic dungeons

6 * "new" + 2 * "old" rhd

5 * "new" + 4 * "old" rhd

The overall cap for VP each week will remain at 1250 VP.

I was confused about this too... and it makes ZERO sense now that I understand it.

CAP for weekly VP from heroics is 980 - i.e. if you do 7 ZA/ZG's random's you are CAPPED for the week from VP from heroics

CAP for weekly VP from any source is 1250 - i.e. if you full clear 10-man 13/13 (inc TB) raids, you can do 2 ZA/ZG's before the next random you complete you will not get the full 140 VP reward (you can only do 1 if you run 25-mans before that occurs)

Yeah...the VP CAP NEEDS TO BE INCREASED

10/25-man raiders are discouraged from doing more than a few ZA/ZG randoms per week (if any)

Even non-raiders are discouraged from doing any of the old T1 heroics since they cap doing ZA/ZG

T1 heroic q's are going to be WORSE...way worse...no point to run them

T2 heroics q' will be fine for a month...then when the novelty dies down q's will be bad once again

Again, the VP CAP NEEDS TO BE INCREASED
    Last edited by azurrei; 2011-04-26 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halbarad View Post
    I'm more impressed btw (unless they change this in 4.2 when we have new raid gear to buy with Valor) that the daily ZG/ZA gives more valor than a raid boss does
    Yeah, very surprising.
    I personally think they're just preparing us for 4.2.
    Not to mention you dont have to wait everyday to do your daily ZA/ZG, you can do your seven in one day.
    I'm actually excited about this patch...im currently working on my tier, so this should help me access them easier and make my guildies and I run our raids easier.
    As a tank, im interested in seeing this "Satchel".

Here's also a question, since you get about 80 gold per heroic, do you get that gold every time. Even if you do it back-and-fourth-back-and-fourth.
    560 gold, 980 valor, few epics.
    Yeah, i'd say its worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    First 7 random "old" heroic dungeons will each give 70 VP
    First 7 random "new" heroic dungeons will each give 140 VP.

However, you can only recieve up to 980 VP per week through random heroic dungeons. So you can reach this cap by running for example

7 * "new" random heroic dungeons

6 * "new" + 2 * "old" rhd

5 * "new" + 4 * "old" rhd

The overall cap for VP each week will remain at 1250 VP.
    No, you only get valor from the first 7 randoms you do a week, whether it are the old ones or new ones doesn't matter. The most valor points you get from doing the new ones. You'll never reach 980 valor points if you're doing even a single old random.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    blue post on front page:

you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too.

so basically you will have to do 7 ZA/ZG heroics then 4 'old' heroics for your cap, or you can do 7 'old' heroics and 6 ZA/ZG heroics
    This^^^,

You only earn VP from the first 7 of each tier of Heroics, but you can use a combination to reach the weekly cap, like the above poster pointed out. What sucks is there is still a Weekly cap on all VP gained, so people who are doing full clears of all raid content wont be seeing much of an improvement from this, unless they miss out on a weeks raiding or something I guess. either way its great for alts and folk who are not fortunate enough to be in a decent raiding guild. Truthfully I am looking forward to just blasting out all my heroics vp runs in 1 day, it will make things much more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    blue post on front page:

you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too.

so basically you will have to do 7 ZA/ZG heroics then 4 'old' heroics for your cap, or you can do 7 'old' heroics and 6 ZA/ZG heroics
    7x140 + 4x70 = 1260?
    6x140 + 7x70 = 1330?
    Yet the cap is 980?
    Please, don't attempt to do math if you aren't aware of all of the numbers involved.

Deleted
    it is a nice change

How so many people can still get the system so wrong when so many explanations have been posted by blizzard and others is beyond me.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcryin View Post
    7x140 + 4x70 = 1260?
    6x140 + 7x70 = 1330?
    Yet the cap is 980?
    Please, don't attempt to do math if you aren't aware of all of the numbers involved.
    7x140= 980
    7x70 = 490
    980+490=1470
    Its over weekly max.
    Meaning you cant obtain your extra daily "old heroic" valor.
    Or they increased the cap (highly doubt that)
    Last edited by Consecrated; 2011-04-26 at 07:23 PM.

The point is that if you are a solid raider, you dont need to force yourself to do 5man heroics.

Because frankly, if you could, you wouldnt be doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

lol@ all the confusion this is causing.

You cannot earn more than 1250 VP in a week.

Theoretically, the maximum you can earn in a raid is 1170. (90x13@25man, or 70*13 10 man=910).

Heroic VP cap: 980 a week total
    You can earn a total of 980 vp from completing 7 RoZ heroics a week.
    You can earn a total of 490 vp from completing 7 random heroics a week.

Your total VP earned from heroic dungeons cannot excede 980 a week. To hit the weekly VP cap, you must defeat at least 4 10-man raid bosses (3.8 I guess).

Examples that work:

You run 4 RoZ heroics, netting you 560 VP. You then run 6 regular heroics, which is worth 420 vp. You have hit your weekly heroic vp cap of 980. You then go 9/12 on your raid nights, and earn an additional 270vp, hitting your cap of 1250 for the week.

You run 7 RoZ heroics, netting you 980, hitting the heroic cap. Then you run 12 heroic dungeons throughout the week, which are not worth vp. You defeat 3/12 25man, earning an additional 270, capping you for the week.

You can run all 7 regualr dungeons and then run 4 RoZ dungeons and you'll cap out. The 980 VP cap is ARTIFICIAL. It was placed by blizzard to ensure that you are REQUIRED to raid to hit the weekly cap.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I was confused about this too... and it makes ZERO sense now that I understand it.

CAP for weekly VP from heroics is 980 - i.e. if you do 7 ZA/ZG's random's you are CAPPED for the week from VP from heroics

CAP for weekly VP from any source is 1250 - i.e. if you full clear 10-man 13/13 (inc TB) raids, you can do 2 ZA/ZG's before the next random you complete you don't get the full 140 VP reward (you can only do 1 if you run 25-mans before that occurs)

Yeah...the VP CAP NEEDS TO BE INCREASED

10/25-man raiders are discouraged from doing more than a few ZA/ZG randoms per week (if any)

Even non-raiders are discouraged from doing any of the old T1 heroics since they cap doing ZA/ZG

T1 heroic q's are going to be WORSE...way worse...no point to run them

T2 heroics q' will be fine for a month...then when the novelty dies down q's will be bad once again

Again, the VP CAP NEEDS TO BE INCREASED
    For the most part, I agree with you, but there are some things that will help with the situation. Supposedly, the new heroics are going to be pretty hard and of course there's the ilvl filter. Both should keep a fair amount of toons away from the tier 2 queues. Of course this also means the quality of player in the tier 1 queues is going to drop drastically.

Blizzard wants the VP cap in place because it forces a slower progression and a more cohesive progression (realm wide). In other words, the elite players aren't that far ahead of the casual players. Its a noble goal, but it does have repercussions in other areas, like dungeon queues.

The other thing to consider is the fact that there are only 2 new dungeons. So if a non raider wants to VP cap in 3 or less days, they'll have to hit at least one tier 1 dungeon. And with those new dungeons being as long as they are, the average player that logs on after school/work, running both tier 2 dungeons in one night is gonna be hard to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty simple: you can only gain 1250 Valor Points per week, period. You can choose to fill this from 0 - 1250 in any way you wish, including:

10 man raids at 70 VP per boss
    25 man raids at 90 VP per boss
    1st tier heroics at 70 VP per run
    2nd tier heroics at 140 VP per run

You cannot do more than 7 heroics of either tier (combined), and continue to get valor points. Once those 7 are completed, you can fill the rest of the VP pool to 1250 from running raids if you wish. You cannot exceed 980 VP from heroics (tier 2), but you can also do 7 tier 1 heroics to max out heroic VP at 490, then fill the rest with 10 or 25 man raids.

An example: I can run 3 tier 1 heroics and get 210 VP, leaving me with 1040 left for the week. I can then run 4 tier 2 heroics for a total of 770 (540 + 210) VP, leaving me with 480 left to gain for raids. I cannot run any more heroics at this point, as I've completed 7. I can raid, but if I kill any bosses after the maximum of 1250 VP for that lockout period, I will stop gaining VP for each boss past that point.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-04-26 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Consecrated View Post
    7x140= 980
    7x70 = 490
    980+490=1470
    Its over weekly max.
    Meaning you cant obtain your extra daily "old heroic" valor.
    Or they increased the cap (highly doubt that)
    That was my point, that it was over the weekly max, and that his math was flawed. All it was.

No confusion, just do heroics until you reach the cap. Done? Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is pretty simple: you can only gain 1250 Valor Points per week, period. You can choose to fill this from 0 - 1250 in any way you wish, including:

You cannot do more than 7 heroics of either tier (combined), and continue to get valor points. Once those 7 are completed, you can fill the rest of the VP pool to 1250 from running raids if you wish. You cannot exceed 980 VP from heroics (tier 2), but you can also do 7 tier 1 heroics to max out heroic VP at 490, then fill the rest with 10 or 25 man raids.An example: I can run 3 tier 1 heroics and get 210 VP, leaving me with 1040 left for the week. I can then run 4 tier 2 heroics for a total of 770 VP, leaving me with 480 left to gain for raids. I cannot run any more heroics at this point, as I've completed 7. I can raid, but if I kill any bosses after the maximum of 1250 VP for that lockout period, I will stop gaining VP for each boss past that point.

This is not my understanding from the posts or the PTR. the FIRST 7 RoZ dungeons you run will award you VP regardless of how many regular dungeons you've run until you hit the weekly vp cap. So if you've already run 7 heroic dungeons, you have 490 vp. You can now run 4 RoZ dungeons, and cap out at 980.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    lol@ all the confusion this is causing.

You cannot earn more than 1250 VP in a week.

Theoretically, the maximum you can earn in a raid is 1170. (90x13@25man, or 70*13 10 man=910).

Heroic VP cap: 980 a week total
    You can earn a total of 980 vp from completing 7 RoZ heroics a week.
    You can earn a total of 490 vp from completing 7 random heroics a week.

Your total VP earned from heroic dungeons cannot excede 980 a week. To hit the weekly VP cap, you must defeat at least 4 10-man raid bosses (3.8 I guess).

Examples that work:

You run 4 RoZ heroics, netting you 560 VP. You then run 6 regular heroics, which is worth 420 vp. You have hit your weekly heroic vp cap of 980. You then go 9/12 on your raid nights, and earn an additional 270vp, hitting your cap of 1250 for the week.

You run 7 RoZ heroics, netting you 980, hitting the heroic cap. Then you run 12 heroic dungeons throughout the week, which are not worth vp. You defeat 3/12 25man, earning an additional 270, capping you for the week.

You can run all 7 regualr dungeons and then run 4 RoZ dungeons and you'll cap out. The 980 VP cap is ARTIFICIAL. It was placed by blizzard to ensure that you are REQUIRED to raid to hit the weekly cap.
    THIS! I don't know why people think its only 7 heroics and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

You cannot do more than 7 heroics of either tier (combined), and continue to get valor points. Once those 7 are completed, you can fill the rest of the VP pool to 1250 from running raids if you wish. You cannot exceed 980 VP from heroics (tier 2), but you can also do 7 tier 1 heroics to max out heroic VP at 490, then fill the rest with 10 or 25 man raids.

An example: I can run 3 tier 1 heroics and get 210 VP, leaving me with 1040 left for the week. I can then run 4 tier 2 heroics for a total of 770 VP, leaving me with 480 left to gain for raids. I cannot run any more heroics at this point, as I've completed 7. I can raid, but if I kill any bosses after the maximum of 1250 VP for that lockout period, I will stop gaining VP for each boss past that point.
    You could do 6 tier1 heroics and 4 tier2 heroics to reach the cap. 420 + 560 = 980

It's 7 heroic tier1 AND 7 heroic tier2, capping when you reach 980.

Copied right of MMO front page...

Right now, you receive 70 VP for the first random Cataclysm Heroic dungeon you complete each day. In 4.1, you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too. Collectively, you'll be able to earn up to 980 VP exclusively from Heroic dungeons, which in turn will count towards your weekly 1250 VP cap."

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is even simpler math for you.

7 x 140 = 980 + 500 some gold + MAELSTORM CRYSTALS

No one will be runnign the old stuff. With the price of the enchanting mats right now, everyone will be farming for heroic epics to DE. You know this. I know this. No one cares about Blues.

The way the blue post is written you get 70vp form the first 7 cata heroics, and 140 from the first 7 Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons. So whith the way the intial sentences of the blue post is written, you would get well over the weekly cap. Yet in the very next sentence it says you can only get 980vp from heroics. I think that blizz will clarify this after today. Because I agree with jakobud. They way its written, you would be well over you weekly cap. But its all semantics when it comes to reading blue post. lol