Im a converter....

I actually plan to swap over from a Mac to a windows computer this coming week, with the beginning of a new build. There hasn't been a new narwhal/dolphin post from chaud at least that I have seen. I was wondering if anyone has a good build that I can afford for under 800 preferably. I have also looked at tiger direct for prebuilt computers that come with windows installed. The one I found has a crappy power supply but only costs about 550. I was wondering if anyone thinks that tigerdirect is a good buy or if I should build one from scratch.

Thanks for any help.

Ps would also like a screen in the total as well
    Last edited by Imoffline; 2011-04-29 at 04:41 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your just looking for hardware, you should be able to build / put together your own tower for just under $800. You might be hard pressed to obtain a decent monitor in that price range with the hardware and software. However, if your willing / able to look else were, I'm sure you'd be able to locate a copy of windows which won't cost you any money. That said, if you aren't quite so knowledgable / willing to create your own, a pre-build computer isn't such a bad idea. I would take a look at NCIX myself, they are a very good company and have not had any issues with them before. I am from Canada though, and you didn't mention where you were located, so that might not be possible.

I would check out www.ncix.com if you get a chance though, they always have deals (infact, they currently have a basic gamer system, for $645 Cdn) monitor and system created / included.
    Konviction - Execute - Smolderthorn

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build

Has builds at different price points that you can use as a basis to select parts.