Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Random Zandalari Queue

Over the last few days I have been hitting the new instances pretty hard. I have probably been in over 30 groups, all of which being joined via the random LFG system.
    I have been in exactly 3 ZA runs during this time… this leaves at least 25 of my random groups being popped as ZG. Now there could be multiple reasons for this:

• Simply more people are queuing for ZG.
    • I have unfortunate luck.
    • Groups are not succeeding as frequently in ZG and therefore have to find replacements.
    • There is a bug.

1) This is very unlikely… I try and avoid ZG as much as possible, Jin’do is a PUG breaker. I killed him once and that was with a guild group.
    2) This could be true. However there is a very high discrepancy between ZG and ZA, maybe too much to be down to luck alone?
    3) This is definitely true, I frequently find myself being ported in at Jin’do or the Panther Boss.
    4) I am starting to think this is true.

I have googled “I am getting ZG far more than ZA” and it has revealed quite a few hits on the US forums. So I am wondering, is anyone else noticing this?

P.S. This is not a thread asking for nerfs to ZG… well maybe slight nerfs to Jin’do’s spirit children

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 times ZA and 1 time ZG here. Didnt have time to queue for more but so far ZA is winning!

Deleted
    Although my batch is very small, out of I believe 5 randoms in the bracket, only 1 has been ZA. Perhaps ZG is just a cooler place (twice as many mounts = twice as likely % to get maybe? :P)

Deleted
    Maybe it's a personal bug then... I am really leaning towards that conclusion - 4 ZG's in the last hour. Leaving on first boss or alt-f4'ing now...

I wish that was my case, I need like all the loot from ZG for my rogue and non from ZA and out of 11 Queues (I leave after one wipe for no debuff) 10 Were zul'aman. seriously FML
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Deleted
    I too, have never been in to ZA yet. Done aroun 6 ZG.

7 ZA/1 ZG, as discussed in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post11262904 you're just getting messed with by the RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post
    I wish that was my case, I need like all the loot from ZG for my rogue and non from ZA and out of 11 Queues (I leave after one wipe for no debuff) 10 Were zul'aman. seriously FML
    You leave after 1 wipe? How are you getting anything done? Even in full guild runs, we've wiped a few times, people are still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbolt View Post
    • Simply more people are queuing for ZG.
    • I have unfortunate luck.
    Groups are not succeeding as frequently in ZG and therefore have to find replacements.
    • There is a bug.

1) This is very unlikely… I try and avoid ZG as much as possible, Jin’do is a PUG breaker. I killed him once and that was with a guild group.
    2) This could be true. However there is a very high discrepancy between ZG and ZA, maybe too much to be down to luck alone?
    3) This is definitely true, I frequently find myself being ported in at Jin’do or the Panther Boss.
    4) I am starting to think this is true.

I have googled “I am getting ZG far more than ZA” and it has revealed quite a few hits on the US forums. So I am wondering, is anyone else noticing this?

P.S. This is not a thread asking for nerfs to ZG… well maybe slight nerfs to Jin’do’s spirit children
    I will say that the parts I bolded are the likely culprits. Even with guild groups, our biggest issue has been getting people to learn Jin'do. He is not a PuG-friendly fight. If anything needs a mild tweak, it's the trash damage output in ZA (Dragonhawk/Bear side), can't say too much of that in ZG, they give you plenty of happy cauldrons to make killing much of the trash far easier (Frostburn Cauldrons are the shit). The Lynx aspect of Daakra in ZA could be warranted. Watched him kill our Frost DK with IBF up, with zero issue, as heals coming as best they could.

Ive done 10 runs in random Zandalari. I think you got bad RNG i actually got 6 ZA and 4 ZG

Ive had almost all my groups clear the whole instance(s). Granted we may have had a few wipes (Some random LFD I had none!!). I guide the group through, give explanations to fights etc everything tends to go well.

This is all done from my hunter; i haven't queued for any random Zandalari from my alts yet.

Deleted
    There is something wrong with your leadership in pugs to be fairly honest. I managed to do about 10 pugs since the patch came out in the 2 new heroics and one fell apart, surely, with a few wipes here and there, but with good leadership, you can force a monkey to do your bidding. Those were 5 ZG runs and 2 ZA runs.

They are both fine instances, but people are raising the bar way too high, they expect everyone to know it perfectly on their first go and usually don't accept any wipes. So please, don't get them nerfed. Jin'do is a good boss and to be fairly honest, quite easy. You just need to explain the fight in a decent manner so that everyone can understand it.

For example, I had this one guy that was pushing us to get the timed run, after I said it was probably impossible in a pug, he started raging at me and he just got kicked and we got in a fine fellow, who hasn't been in the instance yet, but he was following my instructions exactly and we one shotted every boss. Granted, we didn't get the mount, but if we had this guy from the start, we would have been very very close to getting it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-29 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I will say that the parts I bolded are the likely culprits. Even with guild groups, our biggest issue has been getting people to learn Jin'do. He is not a PuG-friendly fight. If anything needs a mild tweak, it's the trash damage output in ZA (Dragonhawk/Bear side), can't say too much of that in ZG, they give you plenty of happy cauldrons to make killing much of the trash far easier (Frostburn Cauldrons are the shit). The Lynx aspect of Daakra in ZA could be warranted. Watched him kill our Frost DK with IBF up, with zero issue, as heals coming as best they could.
    Actually, I don't really get how people manage to wipe o nthe panther boss or the Daakara, even in his lynx aspect, damage is easily healed. It could probably be that your frost dk wasn't properly getting healed or on low health already. The panther boss in ZG is easy as hell and i haven't wiped a single time on her.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-04-29 at 03:58 PM.

There is no bug. Back in Wrath, I queued for random and received Halls of Stone for 22 days in a row. Just how it goes. I even contacted a GM, and he said there was nothing wrong with the system, it was just bad luck. He did offer a suggestion and I think you should try it:

-Every day, before you queue up, extend your lockout id for ZG. The system is set up to attempt to not place you in something you just ran/are saved to(however, it can still put you in the same one, rng mate). Once I started doing this in the past, I almost never got HoS again. This worked well also with the ICC dungeons, and even in Cata.(I got sick and tired of blackwing poping over and over)

6 Zandalari heroics so far.

3 ZA
    3 ZG
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    20 ZA always joining in middle of fking fail group,no1 can play at all
    zg finished it couple times rest failed ...how hard can it be to use 1% of ur brain...i mean if u cant play a smiple game what on earth can u do in rl ?would u know how to milk a cow perhapse?or u need to know nuclear fizics for that like for wow?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbolt View Post
    Totaly opposite in my point of wiev.
    We failed bigtime at Jin'do as a guild. (may be because it was at 3am) But anyway. we had a wipefest.

Oneshoted him in a Pug today. No one of the other players were in same guild. And 3 of us didnt knew tactics.
    Well done pugs if you read this (and this was the first pug I did in the new heroics.

Deleted
    2 za
    2 zg

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Deleted
    Across 3 85's I've gotten ZA 10+ times, ZG less than 5.

So yea, you're just a paranoid bugger.

Deleted
    Just come back on. 4 more ZG's in a row...

Sorry to all the groups I am leaving after the first boss

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

You leave after 1 wipe? How are you getting anything done? Even in full guild runs, we've wiped a few times, people are still learning.

Read again. "I need like all the loot from ZG for my rogue and non from ZA and out of 11 Queues (I leave after one wipe for no debuff)"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post
    Read again. "I need like all the loot from ZG for my rogue and non from ZA and out of 11 Queues (I leave after one wipe for no debuff)"
    No, I read that the first time, unless I'm misinterpreting what you said, I stand by my post regardless of your reasoning... Here's how I read it: "After we wipe once, I leave." Meaning, one wipe in which everyone dies means you're leaving so you can re-queue without waiting 15 minutes for the debuff to go away - if that's the case, I wonder how you are able to get anything done at all, because I haven't been in a Zandalari heroic yet that didn't wipe at least once. If I misunderstood, I apologize, but that's how it reads...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-29 at 09:32 PM.

2 ZG
    4 ZA

I love ZA. ZG annoys me a bit.

Last boss (Jin'Do the Godbreaker) is a pain in there, even when you explain it as clearly as possible, people still mess up.