Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

My biggest fear: 7 bosses for 7 months... Firelands will be cool, but WHAT ELSE?

MMO-Champion successfully datamined tons of Firelands models, zone files, and other stuff.

But we're yet to see anything datamined for a second raid instance, or for that matter, a new arena or battleground.

I'm starting to fear that 4.2 is only Firelands, and nothing else.

If you thought "a year of Icecrown" was bad, is 7 bosses for 7 months that much better? It took then 4.5 months to get out two 5man instances. Firelands probably won't be released until early July. In which case, the time difference between tiers will be averaging one new tier every 7 months since the release of Burning Crusade - (7 tiers over 4.5 years).

I really hope Blizzard comes out with something spectacular soon. This Firelands preview is decent, but I am expecting more.

Official: Firelands is the only raid instance of 4.2

Yes, Firelands is the raid in 4.2, and 7 is the total number of bosses.

We think one raid per patch with around 7 bosses is a super solid experience, though, especially with how much effort is going into Firelands. We don't think anyone is going to be disappointed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0529?page=2#31
    Last edited by Blacksen; 2011-04-29 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    But 4.2 is Firelands and nothing else. The raid and the zone.

There will be more features. For example:
    1. Encounter Journal
    2. We will be able to move characters on the Character Creation Screen
    3. New Quests and Lore (mostly the lore surrounding the legendary staff)
    and I'm sure Blizz will surprise us with something else (at least I hope).

Wasn't nothing at all datamined about Ulduar until it hit the PTR? I could be wrong.. but wait till PTR before you presume only firelands will be there. No one says 4.3 won't be released a few months after firelands. There is also all of t11 that people can still raid if the gear levels arn't that different.

10+ Year Old Account
    *hugs* you're gonna be ok.

It'd be nice if they released more "small" raids like BH and Throne. Even with just 1 or 2 bosses. Just something different

Deleted
    nothing else u will be bore within 2 monthx max after u clear the normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    But 4.2 is Firelands and nothing else. The raid and the zone.
    Firelands has been in development alongside 4.1. It should be out very quickly compared with how long 4.1 was pushed out.

Likewise, I expect a 4.2.5 patch much like 4.1 was before the tier after firelands is released.

Blizz could release a patch every 3 months and people would still complain that it was too long... so I expect threads like this to crop up all over the place. Normally most of those people complaining haven't touched heroic modes, either. It's also funny that if Blizz released a half-assed version of an instance on a faster time scale people would complain that it wasn't good enough... or if they released a 25 boss tier that there was too much.

Blizz does a pretty decent job of pushing updates out pretty quickly. The amount of work that goes into development of this sort is staggering.

TL;DR: People will always find something to complain about... Blizzard chooses to aim for quality over quantity and for that I applaud them.

Deleted
    Find any other MMO game that has this many updates as WoW has over time...good luck. I'm talking about major MMORPG games btw.

The interview said there will be a new BH boss, and the evasiveness when asked about additional raids seems to indicate that it's Firelands, BH, and nothing else.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ... Heroic mode?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Dont worry they wiill recycle BRD im sure, that will keep you busy for another 3 months (so they think).

15+ Year Old Account
    OP should get his facts straight. It's 14 bosses. Seven on normal, seven on heroic, and one which is confirmed to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from it's normal mode version (Ragnaros).

That alone should keep people in this tier for a bit.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I'm with Det on this one. The preview hinted heavily at new and innovative mechanics, which, at least IMO, is the most important part when new raid content is released. If Firelands turns out as good as this preview makes it seem, it will be spectacular.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

Deleted
    I dunno but by the time 4.2 gets released it'll almost be summer and a lot of people will be going on vacation during 4.2. Maybe blizz was thinking this, I dunno :/.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    OP should get his facts straight. It's 14 bosses. Seven on normal, seven on heroic, and one which is confirmed to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from it's normal mode version (Ragnaros).

That alone should keep people in this tier for a bit.
    And this as well.
    Last edited by mmoc28be1f0b43; 2011-04-28 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added quote

With 7 bosses in Firelands and 1 new one in Baradin Hold people won't be able to reach the valor point weekly cap and I'm not sure if Blizzard wants to make it so that you absolutely have to do random heroics to get to the cap. I think its possible that they will continue with the Rise of the Zandalari story and add a Troll themed raid in 4.2. A troll raid with 4 or 5 bosses puts the boss total at 13 or 14. The Zandalari storyline will continue after the two new dungeons and I think it would be very odd for the story to go on pause for a full patch cycle or 2.
    Paintball Employee: Ok guys so those are the safety rules. Are there any questions before we head into the arena?
    Idiot Friend: Can you give us a number crunch real quick?
    Paintball Employee: I give you a 32.33 chance of survival.
    Idiot Friend: Is that repeating?
    Paintball Employee: Of course.
    All of us: ZOMFG HIGH5

OP, maybe you should see how things play out instead of "worrying" about things.

Relax, relax, I don't think Blizzard will only hand us 7 bosses. There will be more /pat

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Wasn't nothing at all datamined about Ulduar until it hit the PTR? I could be wrong.. but wait till PTR before you presume only firelands will be there. No one says 4.3 won't be released a few months after firelands. There is also all of t11 that people can still raid if the gear levels arn't that different.
    No, go look at youtube. People were running around in Ulduar because incomplete versions of the raid instance geometry leaked out on the previous patch's PTR's. It's quite interesting to see how it evolved, for example, in the original Ulduar, there was no prison of Yogg Saron and there was no descent into madness. There was a central ring, but it had a big statue placeholder in the middle, and the hallway leading to the 5th keeper ended in an unfinished square.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uknmGBdgij0
    Last edited by Charsi; 2011-04-28 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the description, they are gonna be pretty innovative fights. Almost makes me want to resubscribe just to see how they turn out.

Besides, there's always hope Blizz sticks to their word and releases something a couple months later. I'd assume there will be new 5 mans a few months after 4.2. And Blizz is doing a fairly good job of timelines so far. If H Rag has been downed by 1,000+ guilds after a couple months, they will push content faster.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The interview said there will be a new BH boss, and the evasiveness when asked about additional raids seems to indicate that it's Firelands, BH, and nothing else.
    Or maybe not, the evasiveness could mean a surprise raid....ulduar was 12 bosses+ wintergrasp boss, firland 7 bosses + BH boss.

I dont think I am wrong to think there could be a 5 bosses raid hidden somewhere in next ptr patch, they said there would be a abyssal maw dungeon going alongside fireland.....we have yet to see something along this. IMO I would prefer 1-3 dungeon a la like in the patch before ICC to come along the raid to tell soem story.....IT would be AWESOME.