Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Fury] How much dps?

I can't post links yet, but my character is Bironyk, horde, on Stormreaver.

I decided to come back and play WoW, and picked my warrior alt to make my main. The gear I have was gathered in a few days from blues and greens. In boss fights in Zul'Gurub and Zul'aman, I typically pull 20-22k dps. Today however, I was told my dps is lower than it should be with my gear. Is this true?

My priority rotation is CS --> BT --> RB --> Slam --> HS. I use my CD's after CS and/or during lust (usually no lust in 5mans though).

Your DPS is fine. I've seen a lot of people in better gear doing less DPS.

And HS is not really in a priority list. It's more of a "if you have enough rage, then use it" ability. That's just semantics though. Sounds like you are doing just fine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronyk/advanced

Sounds fine then. Dps will vary greatly depending on wether or not you get certain melee buffs in your group and thats just how it is.
    Sounds like your using the right rotations.
    Alot of your reforging is a bit wonky though.
    You seem to be reforging into alot of haste, while your at 23 expertise which is 3 below the cap.

After the yellow hit cap, and the expertise cap:
    TG prioritizes Strength > Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste.
    SMF prioritizes Strength > Crit > Hit > Haste > Mastery.
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2011-10-07 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could probably be a little bit better, but Fury gains a lot of DPS from party buffs so that also really depends.

Battle Shout/Horn of Winter, 4% physical damage, 10% AP and 10% attack speed are all huge DPS de/buffs for Fury.

yjmark - Yeah, you're right about HS. I typically use it around 75~ rage.

Galad - I should have clarified then. On the last boss of ZA (Daakara), I pulled 21k (Bear + Dragonhawk). On Halazzi, I pulled 22k.

get a little more expertise and that number will increase a bit. reforge all the haste away as well
    and about your rotation, try to use BT in-between every skill (instead of cs->bt->rb->slam do cs->bt->rb->bt->slam)

Kalx - I didn't list my rotation, I listed a priority rotation. I do exactly what you listed based off the priority system. I'll look into the reforging, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    get a little more expertise and that number will increase a bit.
    26 Expertise is useful for raid bosses. Not so much for 5-man heroic bosses.

Deleted
    - Get the 365 blacksmith 2h for main hand
    - Bring your expertise to 26
    - Enchant bracers with +50 str, chest with +20 stats
    - Do the molten front dailies for the trinket and the ring
    - Do some trash runs in firelands to get the 378 ilvl cloak and belt
    - Reforge all your items without crit to have crit
    - Reforge all your haste/mastery items with crit to be crit & hit

Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post

Sounds fine then. Dps will vary greatly depending on wether or not you get certain melee buffs in your group and thats just how it is.
    Sounds like your using the right rotations.
    Alot of your reforging is a bit wonky though.
    You seem to be reforging into alot of haste, while your at 23 expertise which is 3 below the cap.

After the yellow hit cap, and the expertise cap:
    TG prioritizes Strength > Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste.
    SMF prioritizes Strength > Crit > Hit > Haste > Mastery.
    I went ahead and switched my reforges up. EXP cap and switched pieces that had mastery/haste to reforge FROM the haste instead of the mastery.

Mong-Hakkar - I have the mats ready for the 2h blacksmithing sword, but no one seems to make it

Just something that won't improve your dps by alot, but should be an improvement. Always use BT on cd, even before CS

I took the liberty of reforging for you for more CRIT EVERYTHING MUST CRIT!!! but anyways it is here its the gear you currently have reforged to give you 26 exp ~9% hit raiting and 2467 crit raiting. 501 more crit then you currently have and you will be Exp capped.

I was bored forgive me D:

A few of my friends in higher end guilds run with more hit than 8-9%~ (10-11%). Of course they have access to gear that gives it to them w/o reforging, but would the increase in crit (500~) be better than the loss of the hit (which gives more rage after yellow cap)?

I'm by no means an expert here, but i honestly think it comes down to playstyles a bit. I personally quite favor hit. The added rage for extra Heroic strikes just goes down really well for me. I can't really say if it's a dps increase or not.
    That being said i always have crit on every single item if at all possible, which is normally is.
    Try it i guess. If you find your ragestarved an annoying amount of the time, and holding back on the heroic strikes dosen't fix it, well then fix it by going back to some more hit:P

That or just do a lengthy session on a dummy with both setups.
    Or find someone who has, for more worthwhile feedback than i can give:3
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2011-10-07 at 06:23 PM.

you are dropping 1.5% hit raiting to exp cap yourself and gain 501 crit raiting. The exp you gain drops .75% dodge chance from the boss which means you really only lose about .75% hit for a gain of 501 crit which is gain of 2.8% crit. I won't pretend to know too much about warriors seeing as how I'm a priest but your main priority should be to maximze crit, cap exp/hit, then dump what remains into hit. If you want to stay at 10% hit you can feel free to not reforge the trinket if the incoming rage would suit you bettter. if you dont reforge the trinket itll put you at about 10.5% hit added in with the exp you gained you'll have more incoming rage then you currently do. Of course do as you please I just have nothing going on at work today and thought I would offer a suggestion

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally you want to be around 12% hit or higher for smooth rage generation.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Well it seems there is conflicting ideas how how much hit you should have for ideal rage generation. I'll text them both out and see what I find. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
    Well it seems there is conflicting ideas how how much hit you should have for ideal rage generation. I'll text them both out and see what I find. Thanks!
    its more along the lines of what your comfortable with, no-one can tell you how much hit you actually need aside from yourself. I personally run with 13-14% hit and frequently ragecap, but I prefer that style because it allows more oppurtunity for Heroic Strikes (wether that is actually boosting my dps or not is a different story I just like the way it feels) some people even run with 8% hit..I cant see how they pull it off at all, but its what there comfortable with.

Deleted
    As a warrior, your "perfect" ratings really depend ALOT on what quality of gear you have.
    There are points where your gear simply will benefit far more from having loads of hit, (late into game, you'll see most warriors going for around 15% or more hit), and there's points where you'll depend far more on crit, but as far as it seems your doing okay. There's a few things that can be done though.

Up your lower enchants. Chest, 20 stats, shoulders (exalted enchant) and boots (Precision, 50 hit).

That should give you a slight boost in dps.

Moreover you can reforge more precisely, if you really want to work into it. Reaching as close to expertise cap, so you can as much rating as possible other places, will usually benefit your dps quite a bit. (any expertise over 781 is a waste, as you cant stop the boss from dodging more then all of your attacks) This may sacrifice higher crit or hit for having overall more stats other places, but can sometimes still be beneficial.
    That takes a lot of time though. Testing yourself what gives you more dps, reforging a few pieces, testing again, reforging again will give you these results slowly.

For the rest of us, that are rather lazy, there's Simulationcraft, which is rather precise for warriors, and works very well for checking how to reforge, or how your gear is scaling properly after reforging. Some dont like this or dont trust it, but personal expirience tells me its worth it, and helped me find several flaws in my own gear.

Being nice, and having the thing running constantly in the background, i ran it through, checked reforging, and here's a link:

http://wowreforge.com/US/Stormreaver...3430--40505220

Both sides of the graph shows what the final reforging will be, so you'll have to check every piece of gear and reforge if you want to use it. (The numbers are accurate. If you do not get the exact ratings it is either because you redid a reforge or because you've forgotten a piece of gear to reforge.)

Use if it you want dont use if you dont want to.

Deleted
    Gief more rage to wars .