Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reason why no 2H only wep Ench. for Casters

Does anyone know why blizzard decided on this expansion to exclude 2H only enchants for casters, in my case specifically a priest healer? in every other expansion if i had a 2H weapon, ie. Staff, i could enchant it with Greater Spirit or something like that which made a 2H more of a stat boost than a Spell Power boost which gave the healer some what of a choice on how to gear his/her character. Now they have NO 2H only enchant AT ALL for a healer... only for a hunter/druid... and this was not the case in previous expacs.

It would be nice to have a bit more of a choice on gear that they offered in all 3 other expacs in this expac as well. Was there a specific reason for this?
    Last edited by blitzkrieg3002; 2011-05-02 at 06:11 PM.

Heartsong can be put on 2 handers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

don't really understand it either since this makes 1h + OH win over 2h every time

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    don't really understand it either since this makes 1h + OH win over 2h every time
    Why do you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathanis View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because you can enchant the one-hander AND the offhand instead of just one enchant.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Heartsong can be put on 2 handers.
    yes and heartsong can be put on 1 handers as well... so there is no benefit to this enchant on a 2H, i'm talking about 2H specific enchants. enchants that can ONLY be put on a 2H and no other weapon.

Why do you say that?
    because the stats on a 2h = 1h+OH. but the 1h+OH get another 40 int because of the enchant you can get on offhands. so you miss out on 40int making staffs always loose out to 1h+oh in any sort of BiS situation.
    ofc some staffs will still be upgrades depending on what you have, but a bis setup will almost always be a 1h+oh

Why do you say that?
    the reason a 1h and OH wins over a 2H EVERY time is true is because of what i've already stated please read the post... there are NO 2H specific enchants for a healer NONE... every enchant that you can put on a 2H you can put it on a 1H and still get +40 int on an OH also... there needs to be a 2H only healing enchant in order to make a staff even considerable again...

Why do you say that?
    Because u gain the same benefit from the enchant on the weapon as you would with a two hander, but then you can also gain 40 int to your offhand.

And baseline, main hand and off hand should have roughly equivalent stats to a 2 hander, so your gaining 40 int by going down that path.

They should add a third secondary stat to staffs, or introduce a decent enchant for 2h. Right now caster staffs are quite useless and taken only until you get a better 1h.

Are you asking why there are no longer "more powerful 2H-only" enchants? I'm going to guess it's because they didn't want there to be. Yes, this means a MH+OH will almost always be better because you get two enchant slots instead of one.

The hunter/druid enchant you speak of is no stronger than the 1H enchants. 2H Agility = 130 agility. Power Torrent ~= 133 intellect. The only reason that enchant is specifically labeled 2H was to prevent hunters from swiping dual-1Hs from rogues.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Are you asking why there are no longer "more powerful 2H-only" enchants? I'm going to guess it's because they didn't want there to be. Yes, this means a MH+OH will almost always be better because you get two enchant slots instead of one.

The hunter/druid enchant you speak of is no stronger than the 1H enchants. 2H Agility = 130 agility. Power Torrent ~= 133 intellect. The only reason that enchant is specifically labeled 2H was to prevent hunters from swiping dual-1Hs from rogues.
    That's different because rogues could not equip staves so were getting shafted by hunters for duel wielding.

Caster staves have been made inferior due to this change no matter how you look at it. Only Paladins can't equip staves but they can equip shields whereas Priest/Mage/Warlock/Druid can't

Dissapoints me because I would much rather use a staff, plus i'm also eyeing up that tasty legendary :P

Maybe because there are no caster staffs in raids anyways, aside from the Archeology one which kinda sucks regardless and the last time I even remember 2Hs being better then a 1h was back in BC with that staff that even resto shamans used, but even then, I know on my shadow priest I was able to gain more stats using a 1h/OH vs staff.
    Last edited by Perished; 2011-05-02 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perished View Post
    Maybe because there are no caster staffs in raids anyways, aside from the Archeology one which kinda sucks regardless and the last time I even remember 2Hs being better then a 1h was back in BC with that staff that even resto shamans used, but even then, I know on my shadow priest I was able to gain more stats using a 1h/OH vs staff.
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.10?fi...rs=1:4;crv=1:0

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post

if you want to phrase it that way then, why don't they want there to be? and i'm not refferring to "more powerful 2H-only" enchants... i'm refferring to the absence of 2H only enchants TO DATE PERIOD. Meaning the CURRENT level of enchanting contains NO 2H only enchant for casters at all... why is this? why don't they want there to be this? whats the purpose? there used to be? do they just want us to ONLY have an option of a MH for future upgrades? what would be the point of them even having staffs if that is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    because the stats on a 2h = 1h+OH. but the 1h+OH get another 40 int because of the enchant you can get on offhands. so you miss out on 40int making staffs always loose out to 1h+oh in any sort of BiS situation.
    ofc some staffs will still be upgrades depending on what you have, but a bis setup will almost always be a 1h+oh
    Actually you only gain 35 int if your talking about 359's. and 35 int isnt even 100 spellpower..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the PvP staff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg3002 View Post
    if you want to phrase it that way then, why don't they want there to be? and i'm not refferring to "more powerful 2H-only" enchants... i'm refferring to the absence of 2H only enchants TO DATE PERIOD. Meaning the CURRENT level of enchanting contains NO 2H only enchant for casters at all... why is this? why don't they want there to be this? whats the purpose? there used to be? do they just want us to ONLY have an option of a MH for future upgrades? what would be the point of them even having staffs if that is the case?
    Yes and considering the next legendary is a staff, it makes it ever stranger they didn't add one.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Only staff I'll be using is the legendary, and the legendary doesn't need enchants!

Maybe because there are no caster staffs in raids anyways, aside from the Archeology one which kinda sucks regardless
    see http://www.wowhead.com/item=59525/ch...f-dark-mending

The difference between that and Twilight's Hammer+Elementium Stormshield is 7 stamina, 25 intellect, and 28 secondary stats. The staff is better in raw stats but with enchants the mace+shield become better due to the enchants. I agree here that there is some discrepancy; perhaps the staves should be given a slightly larger margin on intellect. A mere +15 intellect would make it equal to the sword+board setup without adding an additional enchant