Post How well will this laptop run wow?

HP Pavilion dv6z Select Edition series

AMD Phenom(TM) II Quad-Core Mobile Processor P960 (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
    512MB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 6370 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA]
    6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

I'm not looking for it to run on ultra just normal settings with little lag is fine and able to at least handle 25 man raids with lower settings. I want a laptop because I'm going to college soon so I need the portability of one and for my classes, but I like to play video games to.

Thanks for your help

Spend the money on a lesser brand, better spec laptop. Hunt down something by MSI/Asus in similar price range and you'll get more for your money.

Performance wise, poor to plain bad i'm afriad:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.40970.0.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Ok thanks any other opinions will be helpful.

what kind of budget are you on so we can keep an give you suggestion on good deal laptops

it'll run fine. but i would say try to see if you can upgrade to a 1gig video card.

For $1,000, I bought http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-n61jqb2-p-2876.html and it runs wow on Ultra settings in SW with 30fps+. If interested, contact me for details.

CONS: Battery life, camera. (Not important for gaming)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a horrible laptop. Bad CPU, bad GPU, different size on RAM sticks, and sluggish hard drive. It will probably give a hellishly slow experience right out of the box.

You want something in an Intel i3 (or i5, or i7) above 2 GHz, Radeon 5650/6550 and preferably a 7200RPM hard drive. System RAM 4 GB or higher.

Graphics ram play less importance than model number. Good thing to do is to check up on the GPU on notebookcheck.net, as it gives a rough image on how good a GPU is. They also have a CPU comparison list in there somewhere.