Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AC: Odyssey price spike?

So I went to buy Odyssey last week, but I saw the price has gone up like 200%. I then went to other websites outside my country, like UK, Sweden etc. But the prices have increased there as well. Anyone noticed this regarding other games too or is it just me?
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Probably clever business practice since they just released Valhalla information. Gaining revenue on that hype.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

All the more reason not to buy it

It's an absolute fantastic game! Imo the best in the series. Origins was awesome, however, Odyssey takes all the best things from Origins and doubles it! It sooooo good! Already have 300 hours in the game
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably clever business practice since they just released Valhalla information. Gaining revenue on that hype.
    My thought exactly. I am sad I didn't buy it last month

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    So I went to buy Odyssey last week, but I saw the price has gone up like 200%. I then went to other websites outside my country, like UK, Sweden etc. But the prices have increased there as well. Anyone noticed this regarding other games too or is it just me?
    The base price has always been the same, but it has been on sale a lot:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assa...=Select+Stores

Wait for a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    The base price has always been the same, but it has been on sale a lot:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assa...=Select+Stores

Wait for a sale.
    Wow, what a neat site. I use pricerunner myself, but this seem better. I think I will just wait for a sale, it will probably happen soon anyway!

Wow, what a neat site. I use pricerunner myself, but this seem better. I think I will just wait for a sale, it will probably happen soon anyway!
    That's only if you want to buy it through Uplay. It's currently on sale (67%+) at a couple sites that sell Uplay keys:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assa...dodyssey/info/

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    That's only if you want to buy it through Uplay. It's currently on sale (67%+) at a couple sites that sell Uplay keys:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assa...dodyssey/info/
    You will need uplay regardless to play Odyssey on PC. Might as well buy it there.

Another good source for deals is Cheap Ass Gamer on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    You will need uplay regardless to play Odyssey on PC. Might as well buy it there.

Another good source for deals is Cheap Ass Gamer on twitter.
    I want on ps4 ^^

its been on 66% sale due to Valhala anouncment for couple days, it returned to original price but it seems like it went 200% up

It says $17.99 at Isthereanydeal.
    Don't buy from the official UPlay. It is always expensive.

If you haven't played Odyssey, you are not a big fan.
    I don't see how a Valhala announcement makes you to buy Odyssey.

All AC games are not related.
    You don't have to play Odyssey before Valhala.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-05-10 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It says $17.99 at Isthereanydeal.

They have sales and they also provide 20% off from using 20 uplay points which you easily get back when playing the game you bought.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If you haven't played Odyssey, you are not a big fan.
    I don't see how a Valhala announcement makes you to buy Odyssey.
    Correct, I'm not a big AC fan. Though I didn't have time to pick up before now (due to corona epidemic). But I adore Greece and its mythology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they usually literally throw it at you at floor prices on Uplay. I literally got it for free (or was it like 10 bucks or some such?) there with these Uplay coins I had lying around.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah with all this Corona thing and people sitting at home - everyone and their mothers rushes to buy games. Just you wait for autumn when we will have Second Wave.

Game publishers are gonna swim in $$. It's almost as if Andrew Wilson and Bobby Kotick teamed up to secretly fund the Corona project in some Chinese lab in effort to boost game sales, kekw.

Humble Bundle website. Got it for $30 AUD. Standard edition. Check it out.

Stop being a cheapskate. I find it hard to believe buying the game at full price will bring you financial ruin, you just want a deal. Are you a Goblin by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Categorically false. For a while the Ultimate edition was on sale there for like 75% off, so you got the game and all its DLC etc for like.. $30.

And Uplay had a $3 sale on Division 2 for like, a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Game publishers are gonna swim in $$. It's almost as if Andrew Wilson and Bobby Kotick teamed up to secretly fund the Corona project in some Chinese lab in effort to boost game sales, kekw.
    Sure, because "lets make millions of people ill and wreck the economy on a planetary level to sell more games" makes so much sense when you think about it.

Christ.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Stop being a cheapskate. I find it hard to believe buying the game at full price will bring you financial ruin, you just want a deal. Are you a Goblin by any chance?
    Resident Evil 2 was released in 2019, and it is selling for $15 on Thanksgiving.
    Many AAA games sell for $40, 2 months after launch.
    Why does anyone with a right mind buy a game at $60?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Sure, because "lets make millions of people ill and wreck the economy on a planetary level to sell more games" makes so much sense when you think about it.

Christ.
    Sheesh... I guess I should add "/s" to even most obvious jokes.