Ragnaros (transition adds)

**Talking about the 1.5 and 2.5 transitions on Ragnaros encounter for 4.2**

I was just wondering, what spells can you cast on them that will have an effect to slow their process toward the hammer.

We managed easily to get to P2 without any problems, but we want to maximize our strategy to make it shorter.

Working:

Concussion Blow
    Shockwave
    Charge
    Intercept
    War Stomp
    Death Grip
    Typhon (pushback)
    Elemental (pushback)
    Holy Wrath
    Paladin Stun

Not working:

Hamstring
    Chain ice
    Traps? (not sure)
    Totem? (not sure)

Thanks you
    Last edited by Papadragon; 2011-07-05 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Paladin stun and elemental shaman pushback are working for us. anything else?

Infernal stun!

I believe they can only be slowed by the mechanic associated with their health (slower every 5% they lose down to 50% I believe), but can be stunned by anything or knocked back, gripped etc.

Deleted
    I think 8 are spawning for us, wich is the best strat?? we do arcane mage x2, ele shaman x2, shadow priest x2, fury and asassination x1 and finishing in the mace

We fan out so that no matter what, each side is equally covered, healers will go towards the side closest to the hammer for extra stuns, and i haven't noticed any slowing effects useful on the adds, of course with the exception of bringing them to 50%. As a prot warr personally I can tell you that your warr tank can handle 2 adds by himself (the first transition anyways) by swapping between 2 adds closest to the hammer with conc blow + charge add #2 + intercept add #1 + shockwave both. He needs to pop recklessness in order to dish out sufficient damage but that can make it more efficient for the rest of your raid.

To be quite honest, the gimmick on this part is that people worry too much about the slows. They go out of their way to coordinate who gets one slow, with someone screwing it up half the time anyway. Have someone with stuns get the adds close to the hammer on the left side, then have someone with stuns get adds close to the hammer on the right side. You have to remember that the adds have barely any hp as it is, and once they get to 50% health they're slowed even more than if they had a slowing trap or another slow on them. The best slows on the transitions aren't slows. The best slows are dps.

Dont' let dps get one to half and tunnel it. When done correctly, the dps get each one to 50% to where they're manageable, then kill them.
    I have a narrated ragnaros video guide up, and you can clearly see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFmWnfsSio

I hope this helps. Long story short, you're thinking too much about what slows to use. Just dps them. Stuns/Deathgrip/Pushbacks that you mentioned = amazing. Slows..forget it.

Holy Priest's Holy Word: Chastise does not stun them, possibly because it's considered a "disorient" and not a stun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

All knockback and stun abilities that's not considered immobility (frost nova, repentance, gouge and so on) works.

Sons of flame can't be slowed by any ability, they slow down under 50% hp. They loose movementspeed at a rate of 75% (of our movement speed) for every 5% hp under 50% they have.

They can also be deathgriped if you want but it should be saved for emergancy since it actually doesnt stun the mob or slow it down in any way except making it walk further.

What we found to be EXTREMELY usefull was to have a warrior shockwave them, all paladins use glyph of holy wrath (which stuns ALL elementals within 10yard aoe for 3seconds) and knockbacks from all kinds of things. If you have engineers in your raid they can use stun grenades aswell, they're particulary usefull in the "2.5" phase.

*edit*

Forgot something, a sub specced rogue (if i remember correctly) can run around and stun 3-4 of them almost indefinitly (within DR) with shadow dance/cheap shot (again, if i remember correctly)