Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Beastmastery Loveing

I am so much inlove in BM so i want to maximize my dps in this lovely specc and i am thinking of something.
    On a raidboss/dungeon boss. Is it a maximize of dps to use KC on cd?
    Since i loose out on focus so i cant do arcane shot. Or i can but not that many until i need to spam shots again to gain more focus.
    Or when shall i pop KC? And when is the best situation to pop focus fire? Only on procc?

KC is BMs highest dmg ability, so whenever its off cooldown you wanna use it

Deleted
    Using Bestial Wrath properly is going to get you alot more damage.

Have near-full focus before going into Bestial Wrath, you want to spend the entire time spamming Arcane Shot and Kill Command. Try to make sure your Pet has 5 stacks of Frenzy (You'll know when it has 5 as you'll be prompted to use Focus Fire) before using Bestial Wrath, but DON'T USE FOCUS FIRE! Your Pet will gain more from Frenzy during BW than you will from the 15% haste. After BW has faded, quickly refresh your Serpent Sting with Cobra Shot as it will be just about to fade since you didn't do any Cobra Shots during BW to refresh it (At least I hope you didn't). Fervor is best used to get high focus before or after BW. Also, don't use Rapid Fire and Bestial Wrath at the same time.

Kill Command is your highest damage ability and your top priority.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2011-05-12 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Why wouldnt i want to use rapid fire and bw at the same time? To me it is kinda a BL and when i use BW with it. It seems quite nice combo tho?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a little 10% Haste and 27% Crit.

On the initial pull I pop my Potion of the Tol'vir and Bestial Wrath. I can fit 2 Kill Commands in the 10sec. So just spam Kill Command and Arcane Shot during this time.
    Do note that if you use your Potion of the Tol'vir just before the boss is pulled it will be off CD later in the fight for you to use again.

After Bestial Wrath wears off I pop Rapid Fire and until the 79% mark on the boss I cast nothing but Cobra Shot and Kill Command.

Once at 79% I go into my standard rotation: Kill Command > Arcane Shot > Cobra Shot x 3. Note that you can occasionally put in extra Cobra Shots and Arcane Shots during times like Bloodlust.

I also macro Focus Fire to my Arcane Shot and Kill Command as well as my Synapse Springs to Bestial Wrath.

I hope this information was helpful to you.

EDIT: Fixed a few links.
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2011-05-12 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    Why wouldnt i want to use rapid fire and bw at the same time? To me it is kinda a BL and when i use BW with it. It seems quite nice combo tho?
    Because as I said, you won't be using Cobra Shot during Bestial Wrath. The 15% haste will be wasted on auto shot, when it could be put to better use generating focus faster with Cobra Shot outside of Bestial Wrath. I usually Pop Rapid Fire right after BW ends along with Focus Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Because as I said, you won't be using Cobra Shot during Bestial Wrath. The 15% haste will be wasted on auto shot, when it could be put to better use generating focus faster with Cobra Shot outside of Bestial Wrath. I usually Pop Rapid Fire right after BW ends along with Focus Fire.
    Doesn't that 15% haste also apply to the pet's attack speed though? In that case I would think it would still stack well. That said, I tend to save rapid fire for any sort of burn phases, or stack it with bloodlust. And of course if bestial wrath is available it goes on top of all that as well.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    as well as my Synapse Springs to Bestial Wrath.

synapse springs is 1 min cd, beastial wrath is2 min cd

ur doin it wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by U1000 View Post
    synapse springs is 1 min cd, beastial wrath is2 min cd

ur doin it wrong
    Bestial Wrath has a 1min 17sec CD with glyph and it's very nice to stack the Synapse Springs with Bestial Wrath for the extra damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Doesn't that 15% haste also apply to the pet's attack speed though? In that case I would think it would still stack well. That said, I tend to save rapid fire for any sort of burn phases, or stack it with bloodlust. And of course if bestial wrath is available it goes on top of all that as well.
    It does increase the pet's attack speed, but you gain more DPS using it outside of BW, as you get way faster Cobra Shots (even more so when stacked with Focus Fire). I also realise I've been misquoting RF as 15%, getting confused with FF.

Anyway, it's just way better to use it outside of BW, as the huge haste gains are best applied to Cobra Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally when I BW, I wait till I'm at or near full focus, then pop BW and spam the crap out of Arcane Shot and use Kill Command as soon as it's off cooldown. You can get like 10 arcane Shots and 2 Kill Commands in very easily all in a short period of time. I usually use Fervor right after this if it's up because you'll generally be at little or no focus when BW expires.

I've tested the BW + RF thing in femaledwarf many times, and it's always yeilded higher overall dps if you use them together, but its kinda touchy. Basically, I always RF and BW at the same time right at the start of a fight, and I'll use cobra shot quite often because with my BM build I have Careful Aim, which gives Cobra Shot nearly 100% crit chance during the first 20% of the fight. Coupled with BW's +10% damage, this is quite effective at putting me right around 40k+ dps for the first bit. Obviously this will subside later on, but its very, very nice damage to start with and popping your RF earlier means you can use it earlier on it's 2nd CD later in the fight.

Just a random question but can you combine ancient hysteria with bloodlust together?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Just a random question but can you combine ancient hysteria with bloodlust together?
    Nope. They don't stack. Same for Time Warp.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Bestial Wrath has a 1min 17sec CD with glyph and it's very nice to stack the Synapse Springs with Bestial Wrath for the extra damage.
    Even so, with this set up you're only lining them up one time through the whole fight having it macro'd like that, at the very beginning. Each time you use that macro you wont get them together unless you put off synapse, effectively decreasing the amount of times you will be able to use it through a fight.

freakin love BW with high crit nuking arcane shots lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Even so, with this set up you're only lining them up one time through the whole fight having it macro'd like that, at the very beginning. Each time you use that macro you wont get them together unless you put off synapse, effectively decreasing the amount of times you will be able to use it through a fight.
    From how I've tested, I'm actually getting out more damage by saving my Synapse Springs for Bestial Wrath each time rather than just using my Springs whenever it's off CD.

I used to macro my springs to Arcane Shot but I get better results when I use it with Bestial Wrath.

I would definitely agree with that usage, as long as its not macro'd in. If he is relying on a macro to pop them together he will always get the synapse springs to fire and not the both of them. I just think a macro is the wrong way to go with those two things.

Edit for; I guess if he tracks BW cd and uses the macro then it could work as you have described BHV.
    Last edited by Nuadu; 2011-05-12 at 07:59 PM. Reason: re-thinking

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because Rapid Fire would only increase your auto shot "damage" during BW, because you don't want to cast Cobra. Rapid Fire after BW is optimal because you will likely be focus-starved and want to get back to pumping out Arcane Shots.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Because Rapid Fire would only increase your auto shot "damage" during BW, because you don't want to cast Cobra. Rapid Fire after BW is optimal because you will likely be focus-starved and want to get back to pumping out Arcane Shots.
    LOL what? Why in the world would you say "you dont want to cast cobra" You should always pop bestial wrath and rapid together on the inital pull and just spam cobras since you will basically have almost 100% crit with cobra from careful aim and careful doesnt affect arcane shot,now once you hit 79% on the boss thats when you replace cobra with arcane shot during all bestial wraths (and dont cast bestial wrath unless you are over 80 focus to allow you to spam arcane).Please stop giving people information that is completely wrong,thanks.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    LOL what? Why in the world would you say "you dont want to cast cobra" You should always pop bestial wrath and rapid together on the inital pull and just spam cobras since you will basically have almost 100% crit with cobra from careful aim and careful doesnt affect arcane shot,now once you hit 79% on the boss thats when you replace cobra with arcane shot during all bestial wraths (and dont cast bestial wrath unless you are over 80 focus to allow you to spam arcane).Please stop giving people information that is completely wrong,thanks.
    The only person giving wrong information is you. Sure using rapid fire during CA is a big boost. You don't want to use rapid fire during BW however, as BW reduces focus cost by 50% and the only reason you ever use cobra is to generate focus ( and refresh ss ofc). AS and KC both hit harder than Cobra, so why would you ever use a lower damage ability if you don't have to? There's no reason to use BW during CA since it only gives Cobra 10% damage and CA doesn't affect AS or KC. You can argue if you want, but anyone that knows what the he'll they are talking about knows I am correct and you are not.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/