Poll: Should James Tate be allowed to go to prom?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Let James Tate go to Prom!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/let-...nds-go-to-prom
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Let-Ja...46161672121334

And interesting story has been sweeping the internet, show your support!!

What a joke of a school.

Hah, so people think it's perfectly ok to deface government property and it should go unpunished, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
    Hah, so people think it's perfectly ok to deface government property and it should go unpunished, interesting.
    If it was something that actually mattered than yes, since this is High School then no. He should be punished, already served inhouse apparently, which should be enough. He should be allowed to go

10+ Year Old Account
    That is just royal bullcrap right there. He should be able to attend to the prom. As he said, he took safety precautions!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Suspending him from prom is not the only punishment. Give him detention or some community service time.

I understand it's not paint but paper taped up there?

I've always found proms to be a weird thing, isn't it more or less a soda party where your chaperoned the entire evening? What's the age at which you attend these?

Hah, totally, gtfo troll.

So what's the big deal about not letting him go to prom? Who actually cares about prom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    So what's the big deal about not letting him go to prom? Who actually cares about prom?
    Alot of people do and just because you dont want too (cause you werent asked out or whatever) he wants to go with the girl he asked out which makes it a pretty big deal.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

This happened last year at my school, but rather, they did trespass on school property, and it was a big sheet draped over the balcony with the "will you go to prom with me?" whatnot. As far as i know, nothing happened to them.

As if using tape and cardboard letters is the same as graffiti gang signs?

10+ Year Old Account
    in hindsight he should have asked first if it was alright to do that, but still that's an extremely harsh punishment for something so little.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Alot of people do and just because you dont want too (cause you werent asked out or whatever) he wants to go with the girl he asked out which makes it a pretty big deal.
    I'm not American, and most people here don't go to any "prom", mostly because it's silly.

oh my god I know right he should get the death penalty
    twenty-four hour skeleton power

I'm not American, and most people here don't go to any "prom", mostly because it's silly.
    Probably because you're not American. People in other countries have traditions that seem stupid to us, but that's because those things aren't our tradition. Senior prom is a big tradition around here. Not that it's special or anything, just something you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they pretty much all stink. :P Don't determine what your belief is on a subject as fact just because you (and other people around you) don't see the same way other people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exaaaactly. He wants too cause its a big thing in America. ^^

I live and work in Shelton Connecticut. I work with the mayor's daughter. My girlfriend lives 2 streets up from Shelton high school. This small town doucher doesn't deserve any of this attention.

Let me tell you, this is a LOAD OF BULLSHIT. That kid broke the rules and received a punishment which was deemed appropriate. Everyone needs to get over it and move on to bigger, more interesting topics in the news. Global Warming, War, Blah blah. This doesn't deserve anything. The kid got onto Jimmy Kimmel live. Seriously? This is what our nation is talking about? And we wonder why other nations have little faith in the American people.

I never went to Prom when I was in highschool, wish I would have though. I support the kid, let him go, it's twice in a lifetime opportunity, and the kid has already shown he has guts.