Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm crying myself to sleep tonight. :P

but. but. but.................

i liked drain life as a filler QQ

now i am back to SB spam as affli, wats the fun of that.
    might as well go back to destru then
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats retarded. They should have increased Shadow Bolt damage instead. Affliction singletarget damage is horrible in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm surprised at the severity 25%. a quarter of the whole spell, in both damage and healing. Tell me then, in what situation could this spell possibly be usefull now? cause I doubt there is one anymore, with this you wil always be better of spamming SB even when low on health while questing/PvP
    How is it affecting the healing?
    Drain Life
    17% of base mana
    30 yds. range
    Channeled
    Drains the life from the target, causing X Shadow damage and restoring 2% of the caster's total health every 1 sec. Lasts 3 sec.
    And that 2% is increased with demon armour etc etc.
    Nerfing the damage does not nerf the heal.
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2011-05-14 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I thought drain life healed for a % of your total health regardless of how much damage it did?
    Hmm just checked it does indeed, I wasn't aware of that, it wasn't always like that. That changes my stance on this, if the healing is still there then the spell is still usefull even though it's not as powerful anymore. Still think 10-15% would have been enough to stop it being used as a main nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    How is it affecting the healing?
    Drain Life
    17% of base mana
    30 yds. range
    Channeled
    Drains the life from the target, causing X Shadow damage and restoring 2% of the caster's total health every 1 sec. Lasts 3 sec.
    And that 2% is increased with demon armour etc etc.
    Nerfing the damage does not nerf the heal.
    Whiners don't read, don't bother. I haven't played my lock since cata talents came out and I know DL is a flat % of your hp, unmodified by the damage done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    PVP nerfs affecting PVE.

This was clearly aimed at pve, and it affected pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Well it was silly to have a 'choice' between Shadowbolt and Drain Life, even if Drain Life was a dps loss for you, you'd still pick it for the healing it did. You shouldn't get that amount of self healing as your primary nuke.

Too all who say its now useless. No its not. Its like a Ret Paladin who uses WoG on themselves in PvE cos they are low, or a Elemental shaman that casts a heal on themselves cos they are low. You use it to keep alive. Less DPS > No Dead (ie Dead).
    then reduce the healing on it, dont nerf the damage -_-

Signature by Kenz

Deleted
    Just, lol... "Oh noes, pve dragonkillers cant use dl anymore amagad".

Hmm just checked it does indeed, I wasn't aware of that, it wasn't always like that. That changes my stance on this, if the healing is still there then the spell is still usefull even though it's not as powerful anymore. Still think 10-15% would have been enough to stop it being used as a main nuke.
    10-15% would then say Oh look teir 12, loadsa mastery on this item level 392 gear.
    "insert elitist jerks maths boffin"

OMG drain life is now the best filler coz we hav enough mastery again !

25% is basically to stop this happening, and possibly be nerfed again by t13.
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2011-05-14 at 01:57 AM.

Blizzard is going to have to do something new than because this happened before but in the end drain life still held its own against shadowbolt. Doing periodic nerfs every tier to drain life isn't going to stop drain life from being competitive every time we receive better gear. Once everyone is in full T12..... I bet my money we will see drain life again.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bliz stated over and over again they did NOT want drain life to be a filler, but a situational use that wont result in a huge dps loss.

So stop all the QQ, this isnt a PvP nerf effecting pvE.
    its a PvE nerf, affecting those who PvP.

Was obviously gonna come at some point so why u all acting so suprised?
    because the warlock playerbase prefers drain life as a filler and its alot more viable and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    then reduce the healing on it, dont nerf the damage -_-

You don't quite seem to understand the logic behind the nerf. They want you to sacrifice damage for healing. If drain life => sb, you don't sacrifice anything.

So the damage gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    because the warlock playerbase prefers drain life as a filler and its alot more viable and fun.
    are you the voice for the entire warlock player base??? i dont mind which is the best filler, as long as at the end of the day i am doing the most damage for my class and roll in that fight.

How can a spell be more viable?
    its only Viable because it does more damage. Its not more viable because of the extra survivability, because your a DPS not a healer, healers job is to heal you through mechanics. I can survive just fine with shadowbolt by not standing in shit i'm not supposed to. How do mages or hunters survive if warlocks have to hav drain life healing as the viable way to dps?

Like i stated in the post you quoted, bliz did not want drain life as the filler. so bliz did not want drain life to be VIABLE. It wil still Heal you sufficently during OH shit moments. But not keep you at 100% health for an entire fight as you sit there doin max dps and Healin per second at the same time.

More fun? wel thats personal prefrance, end of day its a button you click, outcome is the same after 2seconds, Damage.
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2011-05-14 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-15% would then say Oh look teir 12, loadsa mastery on this item level 392 gear.
    "insert elitist jerks maths boffin"

OMG drain life is now the best filler coz we hav enough mastery !

25% is basically to stop this happening, and possibly be nerfed again by t13.

lmao I guess they are nerfing it now so they won't ever have to nerf it again, got a point there.
    Meh I'll just swing by Arena Junkies round 4.2 and read up on what I'm supposed to be doing, cause with drain life possibly falling away that might mean Succy is back in as the PvP pet, and that would lead to talent points opening up etc. etc. Gonna be an interesting time again.

why dont they just make mastery from afflic effect all shadow dmg instead of shadow dots.. that way sbolt will actually be useful, even tho it is a destruction spell

10+ Year Old Account
    are you the voice for the entire warlock player base??? i dont mind which is the best filler, as long as at the end of the day i am doing the most damage for my class and roll in that fight.

How can a spell be more viable?
    its only Viable because it does more damage. Its not more viable because of the extra survivability, because your a DPS not a healer, healers job is to heal you through mechanics. I can survive just fine with shadowbolt by not standing in shit i'm not supposed to. How do mages or hunters survive if warlocks have to hav drain life healing as the viable way to dps?

Like i stated in the post you quoted, bliz did not want drain life as the filler. so bliz did not want drain life to be VIABLE. It wil still Heal you sufficently during OH shit moments. But not keep you at 100% health for an entire fight as you sit there doin max dps and Healin per second at the same time.

More fun? wel thats personal prefrance, end of day its a button you click, outcome is the same after 2seconds, Damage.
    In PvP drain life is more viable (forgetting the healing) drain life does ticks of damage, obviously as for shadow bolt is just 1 hit and a rather long cast. Movement in pvp is well obviously important. if you MUST move whilst casting drain life you have the chance of getting some damage off and a shadowbite from felpuppy but if you move with shadow bolt, no damage done, no possible chance of a extra damage shadow bite. And again id prefer green beams then a rather long boring shadowbolt ;D

It's kinda nice to have a choice in a talent tree for once, but so long! I was enjoying drain spec too :/

i was meaning 100% from a PvE circumstance Cracklelap
    As this nerf is because of PvE not pvp, i do understand the reasoning for drain life in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    id prefer green beams then a rather long boring shadowbolt ;D
    Such a shame though those green beams are a dead giveaway that you are trying to kill someone in crowded BG's. They seem to try to kill me back more often when I use drain life xD