Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ZA speed run tricks

Please post any tricks / advices for the Zul'aman mount speed run in this thread. They will be compiled in this post.

- Use the archeology buff
    - bloodlust/heroism of first boss and bl again on 3rd or 4th boss
    - Before the gate opens everybody gets on their mounts. The first coming wave of adds is completely avoidable, just run through them.
    - Stun amani warbringers at 30-35% health - if done right amani bears won't appear.
    - Spellsteal flame casters (blazing haste) and juggernauts (tectonic plating). The blazing speed and tectonic buffs should be purged/dispelled/shield bashed/tranq shot if you dont have access to a spellsteal.
    - tectonic plating:
    A. mage spellsteak
    B. melee til equake procs
    C. invis OR mirror image OR iceblock because you tick everything standing in it for 30k+ per sec and you pull aggro v v quickly

- Have a macro for targetting the protection totems. /tar protective ward (can someone check this macro?)
    - crocodile pats are completely avoidable by going into the lake. with DK or shaman it will be faster: just ride on water
    - If you have a shaman with reincarnation on CD: just ride through the lynx groups all the way to Halazzi. Have the shaman ankh & rez you.
    - Similar tricks with a sprint class & soulstone & mass rez as well as pally / bubble / soulstone / mass rez.
    - on groups with 2 flame casters CC one and burn the other.
    - the next cast of a cced flame caster will be almost instant. stun him right after cc is broken.
    - on groups with scouts dpses go burn the scouts ASAP
    - If you stun an amani elder lynx it won't be able to stun

- Solar beam is your friend ( balance druid)
    - Use tanking / damage reducing cds generously to reduce necessary healing.
    - do not loot before the last boss is killed
    - have only one dps free the npcs and don't wait for him to go to the next patrol. Even better: Do not free the NPCs at all. They won't be harmed if the bosses associated to them die within the scheduled time. Simply come back later and free them/loot their chests.
    - use mass rez if needed

- if you have a rogue and mass rez they can shadowstep up from the backside of dragonhawk to the boss. Meanwhile, grab some mobs and let them kill everyone else at the bottom of the backside steps. Then the rogue can res eveyone at the front side of the boss. Before you pull you still do have to clear the four pack with the two flamecasters as it's tied to the boss.
    - come up from the central water through the trees on your way to lynx, kill the one pack of cats, then jump through the huts and follow the wall around past the rest of the trash int he area.

A very detailed guide by Rinor can be found here: http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3805#comments:80
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2011-05-18 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Have a good group, don't die. That's how I did it, no special tactics or anything.

seen a few good ones using a sprint class and a soulstone

legging it past huge chunks of trash, dying, SS/anhk and mass res everyone past it all

same with a pally tank, run as far as possible, bubble and run some more, soulstone rez and mass rez, ta da!
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-05-16 at 01:00 PM.

My group didn't even free any NPCs til we killed last boss so leaving 1 dps behind to free prisoners will slow you down

The blazing speed and tectonic buffs should be purged/dispelled/shield bashed/tranq shot if you dont have access to a spellsteal, just cos you wont get a dps bonus out of it doesnt mean it shouldnt be done.

Know which packs u can skip on the way to the lynx boss, u can go down the west side jumping thru windows in the wooden huts, or down the east side and straight onto the lake if you have dk/shammy.

Have a macro for targetting the protection totems (cant remember their full name atm), dropping them fast is key to dropping some packs.

Interrupt domesticate on the packs leading up to the lynx, nothign worse than losing 1 group member to MC, not to mention the fact they can add some serious damage onto your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    - have only one dps free the npcs and don't wait for him to go to the next patrol
    Even better: Do not free the NPCs at all. They won't be harmed if the bosses associated to them die within the scheduled time. Simply come back later and free them/loot their chests.

We had some problems last night with the trash right behind the door (which we skipped) aggroing just after killing the first boss. It ended up arriving about the same time we got to the other side and started bear boss trash. We ended up killing it just fine each time, but still it seems they may have linked it to something so you can't skip it. I'd like to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

Anyway, for tricks, if you have a rogue and mass rez they can shadowstep up from the backside of dragonhawk to the boss. Meanwhile, grab some mobs and let them kill everyone else at the bottom of the backside steps. Then the rogue can res eveyone at the front side of the boss. Before you pull you still do have to clear the four pack with the two flamecasters as it's tied to the boss.

Also, oldie but a goodie: come up from the central water through the trees on your way to lynx, kill the one pack of cats, then jump through the huts and follow the wall around past the rest of the trash int he area.

Deleted
    you need ticks to do it ? hmm i did no know that
    here is how we do it
    - healer knows how to use its mana and when mana drink is needed go first into the boss room (no pulling ofcourse)
    - tank use short time cd's and dps use cd's on trash
    - and keep chain pulling
    - looting does no matter at all
    - ohwye be on vent/ts it works wonders
    that is all no special tactics or tricks just know your shit that is all

done it in a pug 2hours ago, with 4 seconds spare. just lay out the tactics before hand, and dont fail to anything

Deleted
    Just as a side note removing the Tectonic Plating buff is actually completely useless. They instantly renew it.

Deleted
    as the friend above said, leaving 1 dps behind is a bad idea, It will slows you down

I got lucky with a geared blood tank who was a beast and my 30k dps :3. I think we had 4 minutes to spare. Needless to say I didn't win the mount but I still had loads of fun.

Unfortunately I cannot add anything, OP looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Just as a side note removing the Tectonic Plating buff is actually completely useless. They instantly renew it.
    They can recast it pretty frequently but it isn't instantly renewed all the time.

Deleted
    Before the gate opens everybody gets on their mounts. The first coming wave of adds is completely avoidable, just run through them.
    Are you sure about this? I've tried this with my group last night and we aggro-ed the mobs and we even got more of the ones with low hp that usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apatia77 View Post
    Are you sure about this? I've tried this with my group last night and we aggro-ed the mobs and we even got more of the ones with low hp that usually.
    What I observed when going in there for the Hex Mix achievement only was the following. We hadn't brought a tank; we were resto shamy, warlock, holy-priest-gone-shadow.

We were intending to just run past the entrance guards and the trash crowd of trolls and die where the frogs are. So we did, waited for the mobs to run away and reset and waited some more just to be on the safe side. And then we SSed and ankhed, wondering why we were in combat and couldn't ress our third man, and all the non-elite trolls that usually come running to the entrance when you start the dungeon would come running to us. Not the two elite guards though. Just the smaller mobs. They seem to trigger to everything inside the instance that is alive, no matter how far the range. It wasn't a problem as we killed them anyway, them not being elite, but still... those mobs trigger.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    - do not loot before the last boss is killed
    - have only one dps free the npcs and don't wait for him to go to the next patrol
    Free the NPC's after the 4th boss and have ur DPS join u on the next patrol

Please post any tricks / advices for the Zul'aman mount speed run in this thread. They will be compiled in this post.

- Before the gate opens everybody gets on their mounts. The first coming wave of adds is completely avoidable, just run through them.
    I think they fixed this. Last couple of times we tried the trash aggroed as it spawned
    Omegasupreme - Memento Mori - Frostmane-EU wowprogress

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasupreme View Post
    I think they fixed this. Last couple of times we tried the trash aggroed as it spawned
    It aggros, but it disappears once you start the gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    lies

mage spellsteal

then melee til equake procs

then invis OR mirror image OR iceblock
    because you tick everything standing in it for 30k+ per sec
    and you pull aggro v v quickly

helps a lot for blitzing certain trash packs, so long as the tank holds them in it as long as they can

Deleted
    Updated up to reverendball's contribution.