Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    seeing as how theres gonna be 1 last season before it wraps up, besides walt poisoning the boy what cliffhangers did they leave for the last season? i would think they would have had a surprise ending like another big drug player keeping an eye on walt/jesse. right now we have that jesse will find out what happened
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't see ntonights episode, but I speculate that Walt poisoned the kid to try to convince Jesse that he was framed.

Leaves me wondering where they'll go next season? Probably after Gus's death, clues start to point towards Walt as Heisenberg.

Im thinking they might find the ruins of the lab. And Mike is still out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they showed him survive a bomb to a degree...

...but the gore shot was really goofy to me. I wish they didn't jump for the Harvey Dent thing.

Man when he walked out of the exploded room and made sure his tie was on straight, i was like "Holy shit he survived?!?!",then i saw his face....awesome way to go out.

Don't forget about mike, he is still out there. Great series, my favorite of all time.

i still dont get why or how you'd be standing after what jus happened to Gus.

i mean literally what happened to him and to having him still standing is quite shocking.

show ends on a good note, but where to go from there?

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the show, long time fan.

Am I the only one seriously bugged by the departure from reality of Gus walking out to do his tie after the bomb? In a show based upon science, with such a "realism-at-any-cost" approach to detail in the series, that scene almost seemed like a sci fi excursion or something. Very out of place for a normally grounded show. So many reasons why that's not only improbable, but absolutely impossible. I don't normally overanalyze films/shows/media/etc to this extent, but its just so out of place here it might as well have broken the fourth wall.

otherwise amazing outro of an amazing season to an amazing show

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Am I the only one seriously bugged by the departure from reality of Gus walking out to do his tie after the bomb?
    No, you definitely aren't. He would have been in extreme pain, he pretty much had part of his brain blown away it looked like, so how would he have been able to function like that? The whole thing just seemed weird, and like it didn't belong in the show.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    No, you definitely aren't. He would have been in extreme pain, he pretty much had part of his brain blown away it looked like, so how would he have been able to function like that? The whole thing just seemed weird, and like it didn't belong in the show.
    not to ramble on with fact after fact about the impossibility of that scene, but a bomb strong enough to blow down the door and wall much further away than he could have possibly been still left his skull in a 'whole' form and only melted skin? Not to mention the whiplash that someone even 25-35 feet from such a blast would encounter being enough to make walking or coordinated movement of any kind impossible (disregarding the whole brain damage thing) during the time he walked away.

Suspension of disbelief for cinematic effect. I'm completely fine with it given how that scene went down. I was completely in shock with the episode paused for a while after the bomb scene. The portrayal is also not totally unrealistic. If you look closely you can see when he is looking around slightly after walking out. Whats left of the...well, back of his eye, is still moving. When in shock people can survive temporarily from pretty damaging things, and it is definitely possible to survive having your face blown off. People have been known to, even surviving partial brain loss. The amount of damage shown was very certainly fatal but not necessarily immediately fatal. Shrapnel is what did a lot of the damage to his body, you can tell by the small holes dotting him in places.

The most unreasonable thing about the scene was that if the explosion was strong enough to blow the door off like that, it would have been strong enough for a lethal shockwave effect.
    Then again, Gus *did* jump backwards just before the bomb went off and the camera changed. It's reasonable that he could have gotten far enough back into the room to avoid the brunt of the blast, while still taking a lethal amount of it to the exposed part of his body. Notice Hector's wheelchair is still semi-intact, for example. Hector was on oxygen, and oxygen is extremely flammable. That would explain the charred nature of the room and the blowback of the door, and how Gus would have walked out mostly whole, unlike his associate (who was standing behind and to the side of the wheelchair, his legs near where the bomb went off. [Remember the leg laying across the floor when Gus falls?] No mass between him and the explosion, whereas Gus was partially shielded by Hector, the wheelchair, and the chair he had been sitting in.)

as for whats left for next season, well Mike for one is still alive in Mexico after being shot. The DEA's investigation hasn't even begun to start, either.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2011-10-10 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Definitely one of my favorite season finales yet. The part when the bomb went off I was the best he walked out fixed his tie and I was like "I know Guss is a fucking bad ass but did he really just survive that?" then it showed the other side of his face, awessomeeee. From comments I've read outside of mmo-champion is that it's not unheard of for someone to function like he did after something so devastating, I guess soldiers did the same thing. You can clearly tell his brain is still majorly intact but obviously in this case it was a "he's definitely dead" moment not a "he could get facial reconstruction and still live". But really when I saw his face all I could think of was "Fuck you Walt I'm still a bad ass" *fixes tie* *dead*

Deleted
    Wow Just finished watching - what a show. Not to sure where they can go from here.

Oh why can't 2012 come faster. Now we gotta way another 6-8 months to have something to watch.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

I think they will develop a background for gus in the first few eps on S4. His past is such a mystory.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i still dont get why or how you'd be standing after what jus happened to Gus.

i mean literally what happened to him and to having him still standing is quite shocking.

show ends on a good note, but where to go from there?
    Bro,the man had a God Complex,thought nothing could phase him.....if you're that crazy you'd do the same.

Next season's plot has become pretty obvious now. It's the final season and Walt has become the bad guy, so there can be only one result. Walt must die. They've set it up beautifully for Jesse to be the one to kill him. I think Mike will play a major part in it as well as he will want to avenge Gus... but Jesse will be the one to 'pull the trigger'.