Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That fly episode is probably the only time I really felt like the slowness was unnecessarily slow.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That fly episode is probably the only time I really felt like the slowness was unnecessarily slow.
    I loved that episode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I loved that episode!

Me too. Was a good change of pace and very interesting, was one of my favorites.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    It was a bit slow at times but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
    Tbh, I never thought it was slow. Slow to me is when you're not enjoying what's happening and hoping that particular part ends soon. It all seemed relevant in the end as the show was building up tension, showing how events lead to another, character development, or showing how relationships are degrading. I don't see how people can call it slow because there's no action, seemingly (not saying this directly to you, just in general), that's how a good storyline progresses, not all guns blazing and such. It shows every step of what's happening and I give major credit to the writers for it.

BB to me is unbeatable, I don't think anything will come close. I can't praise this show enough.

I also thought the show was too slow and way overhyped. It was a good show, but it took its sweet time getting there. Seasons 2 and 3 were really painful but of course it all got better towards the end. To me Breaking Bad suffers from the same problem that Walking Dead suffers from (or at least suffered from in the first season, I didn't want to watch more than that), it gets a bit far up its own ass sometimes and just sort of flounders. While the Walking Dead was terrible and so boring that it became unbearable, Breaking Bad managed to keep me watching because it had so many other qualities that were good.

That is because it was done to be slow in unnecessarily slow. That year the show had blown its budget out of the water. They needed to make a ultra cheap episode. They did it on purpose in order to get its budget back in order.

Deleted
    worth it, you will enjoy every episode :P

Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    I'm not a fan of TV shows but I enjoyed this one a lot. Can't wait for the prequel "Better Call Saul", though it probably won't be as good as Breaking Bad.
    It would be really interesting if they managed to give Saul some real depth as a character, made the series a little dark. What I'm expecting will happen however will be more along the lines of ensemble cast + slapstick comedy.

Why would you assume that? Saul is pretty messed up and dark, a guy who thinks nothing of a casual suggestion to have someone killed as a solution to a problem. Yes, he's funny but he's pretty sociopathic. Remember, "you don't need a Criminal Lawyer you need a criminal...lawyer"!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    ...it gets a bit far up its own ass sometimes and just sort of flounders.
    I call that character exploration in Breaking Bad (TWD is a different matter entirely where I totally agree with you). I never found BB to flounder or to drag unnecessarily. Like I said above I found the slow parts agonizingly uncomfortable as there was so much tension and awkwardness going on, the stress was physically felt!

I never thought a show about cooking and dealing meth would appeal to me so much but I was utterly engaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Why would you assume that? Saul is pretty messed up and dark, a guy who thinks nothing of a casual suggestion to have someone killed as a solution to a problem. Yes, he's funny but he's pretty sociopathic. Remember, "you don't need a Criminal Lawyer you need a criminal...lawyer"!
    Not sure, just a hunch..I'd be happy to be proven wrong. We'll see I could see Saul's characterization be developed to something similar to the Joker in Batman...either Nicholson or Ledger's version. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I loved that episode!
    People love Justin Bieber, we can't all be as brilliant as me :P

Deleted
    Breaking Bad, when it was actually on TV, was phenomenal.

This is because of the tension and suspense of having to wait weeks/months for the next fix. When you watch it back-to-back, that impact gets lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post

This is because of the tension and suspense of having to wait weeks/months for the next fix. When you watch it back-to-back, that impact gets lost.
    I err, completely disagree, I smashed through them and the impact was pretty immense, its the fastest I've ever watched a tv series, in fact I go out of my way most times to only watch a series in one go. I don't enjoy waiting one bit, and have routinely dumped shows because of the wait, heroes + lost are 2 that immediately come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    People love Justin Bieber, we can't all be as brilliant as me :P
    A lot of people also hate him with a vengeance ^^

Gotta admit, I still love The Fly episode, I'm all for talking-head shows myself though. Regardless of the limitations on the episode's scope, you've got to love the angles and camera positions that Rian Johnson makes use of there (Looper + Brick director).

10+ Year Old Account
    I err, completely disagree, I smashed through them and the impact was pretty immense, its the fastest I've ever watched a tv series, in fact I go out of my way most times to only watch a series in one go. I don't enjoy waiting one bit, and have routinely dumped shows because of the wait, heroes + lost are 2 that immediately come to mind.
    You better go watch Lost if you never finished it. NOW!
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I marathon watched Breaking Bad after the series ended. I had kept meaning to watch it and then when it was over decided I'd better watch it before anything is spoiled. And there was NO impact loss, at all. It hit me like the proverbial tonne of bricks.

Doctor Who is actually the only show I watch episode-to-episode, everything else I wait til a season is over then watch it all over a few days. So much better that way.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    You better go watch Lost if you never finished it. NOW!
    Yes, I might well get the boxsets for christmas now that you mention it, got to the end of season 3.

The walking dead is pretty much the only show I'm watching week by week and its only because everyone ruins it with spoilers on facebook otherwise.

Yes, I might well get the boxsets for christmas now that you mention it, got to the end of season 3.
    Don't do it!! Whatever ending you imagine is FAR better than the real ending! Just pretend it ends how you think it should and be content.

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fur Play View Post

Sorry for necroing this thread but I just have to respond to this.

I disagree, as I never watch series (they take too long and I never found any that interesting...) I decided to give breaking bad a try when I got netflix a few months ago. A friend told me it's good.

Follow up; I ended up watching the show after work for 5-6 hours. My gaming was completely replaced for watching this. As I said, I have NEVER watched a series from the beginning to the end, but this one was done in a month. I couldnt wait to turn on my TV and watch an episode... Which ended up being 4 episodes before turning the damn thing off.

I'm so glad I managed to avoid any spoilers on the internet.. I didnt google breaking bad until the series were over thankfully.

I actually postponed watching the final 3 episodes by like 3 weeks. I just could not stand the fact this series was about to end. I honestly loved Walter White and Heisenberg. I've had movies where I thought "damn.. too bad it ended" but this almost even made me emotional.. When I finally watched the ending (which could not possibly have been better) I had some withdrawel (coming home, "cant wait to watch breaking bad.... wait... ".

I doubt there are or will be any series that will catch me like this, Bryan Cranston is an actor I had never heard of but how he played in here was simply brilliant. He was so badass at times but also the perfect family guy at others. Can't wait for any other movie/series he makes in the future although it probably wont involve making meth..

Next week I'm going to buy the full series, it's like 120 euros here. This is one I want in my shelves and I want them to have my money.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2014-05-13 at 11:55 AM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior