Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was excited... Until the second paragraph.

Deleted
    One more useless thing i am not going to pay for, it would be fun but to do only 5man and hc 5man? if it was raiding or rated bgs / arenas? it would be great but for this? no way I am paying

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Just because they have the money doesn't mean they should go out and spend 1000s of dollars on a feature for a few specific people without expecting to gain anything.
    The gain is that ppl will stay and continue to pay monthly fees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Well compared to some other MMOs 14.99 is infinitely more expensive; Guild Wars charges you 0 per month and doesn't have any premium services.
    yeah tru but guild wars 1 iss nott really a MMo is more like multiplayer game whit some mmo stuff in it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Ah yes, we've had one major content patch since Cata was released and one upcoming. So in 6 months we've had 2 patches, or £30 a patch.

You can buy a whole new game for £30.
    £30 for 2 patches, customer support, server maintenance, oracle database subscriptions (10k a year)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    You pay your monthly fee so that the employees at Blizzard get paid, server and internet service is paid, advertising is paid, and so that the company generates profit.

That profit part? That is Blizzard's money. They can do with it as they please. It just so happens that they're investing it in a service that players actually want. They paid to create it, you pay to use it. If you have a problem with that... well, you're being completely ignorant of how the real world works.
    Bolded the part you need to read again. I think developing this kind of stuff is included in their monthly salary. It's really hilarious that you think BLIZZARD WOULD INVEST on shit like this, or rather it isn't even enough expensive to be called investment (the technology is there in forms of real id and cross realm dungeons. All that is left is for someone to just specify which players are invited instead of random people). Investing would mean they'd buy new server computers, which is also needed badly, ravencrash for the win, but it isn't ever going to happen.

You should also be aware that all that blizzard cares is profit. TRH and TRL anyone? They just realized that they lost subscribers -> investors panic -> they lose money, what to do? Ah we just dig a feature from the "Wanted by community" pile, add it in the game and make it cost extra! PROBLEM SOLVED BLIZZ GETS MOAR MONEY AND INVESTORS STAY HAPPY FACE! (i really wanted to make a trollface picture for that but i'm lazy) : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Premium service! YUS!

Hopefully this will bring about some premium content too. Maybe even some more premium access mounts, though I'd hope the price will be a bit higher to keep things like TRH a bit more exclusive. Like, it would be cooler if TRH would have been like $200+.

I'd totally be willing to get in on some premium exclusive raid content, especially if it meant paying $150+/month for it. I think I could definitely get more of my friends to play if it was the case.
    im sure your jocking here right?..

At this frequency even Guild Wars which is 6 years old and discontinued making new expansions like 4 years ago produces more content updates even though it does not charge any sort of subscription fee.
    I play a game called Asheron's Call. In fact, I quit WoW so that I could play this game with my friends. AC has been pumping out content patches every month for over 10 years. They have only ever released two expansions, as far as I'm aware. They do not offer any premium services.

That said? WoW is a better game. No one cares what Guild Wars or any other MMO offers -- they're not as good as WoW. If they were as good as WoW, you wouldn't have to be here using them as arguments. You'd be playing them, along with 10 million other people.

Until that happens to be the case, WoW has every reason to continue creating and charging for premium services. If you don't like them, they pay for them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Interesting. Was shocked at first glance, happy at first reaction, sadface'd at second glance.
    Last edited by Kalidesh; 2011-05-17 at 10:51 PM.
    Mysteriously delicious, but with complexity beyond degree.
    "Our truths lie in the absence of expression."

Deleted
    £30 for 2 patches, customer support, server maintenance, oracle database subscriptions (10k a year)
    £60 for 2 patches, customer support, server maintenance, etc. While other MMOs manage to do this all for "free".

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    yeah tru but guild wars 1 iss nott really a MMo is more like multiplayer game whit some mmo stuff in it.
    There is technically zero difference in their server back-ends though, and they have admitted that the servers cost pretty much nothing to maintain.

Guild Wars 2 will be a 100% true MMORPG that will fulfill every formal definition of the word, and it won't have sub fees either.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    haha why u answering to this "kuku2" dude? Its obvios he's trolling. If u are atlest half intelligent sane person u could spot his trollin' mile away.
    They're replying to me because I'm pointing out things that they can't ignore. You know, contributing to the thread?
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    £60 for 2 patches, customer support, server maintenance, etc. While other MMOs manage to do this all for "free".
    Other MMO's don't have the player base that WoW does.

Edit: or rather, if those other mmo's are so great why not cancel your sub and go play them?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Its to bad they keep spending resources on stupid crap like this instead of producing firelands.

There is technically zero difference in their server back-ends though, and they have admitted that the servers cost pretty much nothing to maintain.

Guild Wars 2 will be a 100% true MMORPG that will fulfill every formal definition of the word, and it won't have sub fees either.
    You know how we have patch days and realm maintenance on Tuesdays? You know how they updated all of their server hardware in BC and WotLK?

Yeah, that shit isn't free.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Great feature. But personally, it has lost its usefulness somewhat as a few friends have stopped playing the game.

I hope that the service is woefully unpopular and subsequently becomes free, but when you've lost over half a million subscribers in a few months, you're probably going to want to claw some of that lost revenue up somehow.

Personally I'd like to see cross-realm mailable heirlooms instead... but seeing as it's not something they'd charge for then I would assume that it's permanently on the backburner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry? Who got stomped? Guild Wars, no, they sold 7 million.

And "this time around"? Umm let me guess you are insinuating they had an other game before their first game which was Guild Wars?
    I'm insinuating that selling 7 million copies is getting stomped when you compare that to selling 15-20 million at least (WoW) not counting expansions, and then got people to pay $15 a month on top of that.

"This time around" = GW2. When I take off the boxer shorts I'm wearing right now, I'll put them in a baggie in my freezer. Then, one year from now, if GW2 has more active players than WoW OR SW:TOR (both of which you'll have to pay monthly for) I'll take said boxers out and eat them.

Content patch != raid.

Pretty sure we just got a new content patch.
    Pretty sure 2 old dungeons, one barely touched at all, are definitely not at the level of new raid content patch by any means.

Especially when you realize how they said two months ago, that not many people have cleared the content, so they push Firelands back a little, while at the same time they explain the 600k subs loss from march as people, who finished content too fast.

This is horrible change. It definitely is NOT that hard to implement, majority of the stuff is already in game, LFG tool, Real ID invites etc, only thing missing is manual x-realm invite, but honestly, when there is automatized invite, manual one cant be hard to implement. I could believe x-realm mails are difficult, because mail was never supposed to work that way, but this? just no. And on top of that, we have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I play a game called Asheron's Call. In fact, I quit WoW so that I could play this game with my friends. AC has been pumping out content patches every month for over 10 years. They have only ever released two expansions, as far as I'm aware. They do not offer any premium services.

That said? WoW is a better game. No one cares what Guild Wars or any other MMO offers -- they're not as good as WoW. If they were as good as WoW, you wouldn't have to be here using them as arguments. You'd be playing them, along with 10 million other people.

Until that happens to be the case, WoW has every reason to continue creating and charging for premium services. If you don't like them, they pay for them.
    AFAIK Asheron's Call is subscription based. Guild Wars isn't, that's the difference.

Oh and I'm not playing Guild Wars with 10 million other people but a close number, 7 million actually.

And hey, Guild Wars 2 is coming soon so Blizzard will really get to eat the ... they've been shoving in their playerbase's faces.