Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i would agree to pay for the premium. if it was free to play. cut the monthly sub. fee. but if not the paying to play with friends from another realm sucks and will not pay for that feature

Quote Originally Posted by panamajack View Post
    i would agree to pay for the premium. if it was free to play. cut the monthly sub. fee. but if not the paying to play with friends from another realm sucks and will not pay for that feature
    Good, you're lucky then that they're not forcing you to...and you'd agree to pay if it was free? ok...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugglebug View Post
    Nothing personal. There's just nothing that hints that it'll be included with the Mobile Auction House feature. Why would it? What if I'm only interested in the LFD with RealID Friends feature? Why should I pay for the whole package?

Was just wondering what made them think it'd be part of a pack.

Dimwit? My feelings have been hurt.
    It's understandable that your feelings have been hurt, and for that I apologize. However, do you not think Cassidin's feelings get hurt with a comment like that, especially after being berated for a good 4+ pages? Food for thought.

On to your questions, though...
    So far, the only information that we have points to it being included with the already-existing World of Warcraft Remote service. And that's that they could have sold the Mobile Guild Chat as a separate service from the Mobile AH as well, but instead they chose not to. Also, what about people who were only interested in the Mobile Guild Chat feature, and had no desire to use the Mobile AH? Why should they pay for the whole package? With that bundling they've already shown that they don't care if players want a la carte pricing for their premium services, as long as they feel it's a good value for players. (Which of course they do; they're the ones selling it! )

Anyway, yes, it's very limited information that leads to hazy suppositions at best, granted, but past actions are all we have to go by at the moment. This should change shortly, though, as I'm sure they're quickly scrambling to formulate some sort of damage control or FAQ as we speak... (well, maybe not right now... it's still just 5am on the west coast, heh)

edit: Also, damn.. look at all the lurkers coming out of the woodwork because of this! lol... welcome, everyone!

Only one thing to say. This is the new Blizzard talking. Accept it or leave.

The most intresting part is ofc that BLizzard is releasing this statement with the focus on LFD instead of explaining to ppl what Premium really means. They are forcing it into ppls minds that paying more is coming.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-05-18 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    It's understandable that your feelings have been hurt, and for that I apologize. However, do you not think Cassidin's feelings get hurt with a comment like that, especially after being berated for a good 4+ pages? Food for thought.

On to your questions, though...
    So far, the only information that we have points to it being included with the already-existing World of Warcraft Remote service. And that's that they could have sold the Mobile Guild Chat as a separate service from the Mobile AH as well, but instead they chose not to. Also, what about people who were only interested in the Mobile Guild Chat feature, and had no desire to use the Mobile AH? Why should they pay for the whole package? With that bundling they've already shown that they don't care if players want a la carte pricing for their premium services, as long as they feel it's a good value for players. (Which of course they do; they're the ones selling it! )

Anyway, yes, it's very limited information that leads to hazy suppositions at best, granted, but past actions are all we have to go by at the moment. This should change shortly, though, as I'm sure they're quickly scrambling to formulate some sort of damage control or FAQ as we speak... (well, maybe not right now... it's still just 5am on the west coast, heh)
    Ok that makes sense I guess, I just figured with the Mobile Auction House and Guild Chat both being iPhone based (Android too?) applications it makes sense the two of them are sold 'as one'. Where as the LFD RealID feature is more of an actual in game thing, not something you need a smart phone to use.
    Last edited by mmoc176454de01; 2011-05-18 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    I think most of the people posting here are missing out on one major concept with this Premium Service.

IT'S NOT COMPULSORY TO USE! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT.

Sure it'd be nice if it was free, but that's really not likely to happen, if you do not like it, then do not buy it. Server Transfer your toons to play with your friends then, but I'm sure some people will use it because they A) want to play with their real life / real i.d friends and B) Do not want to move server because they like the one they are currently on?
    The "don't like it, don't buy it" argumant again? Really?

The point is some features should be part of the standard subscription, and this is one of them.

Hey, I've been getting along fine without it, but I also got along fine without RDF, heroic modes, RealID, etc. I can't speak for eveyone, but I won't be buying it, even though I think it's a great idea.

lol wow community are fickle beast...i mean i see no where in there that they said this is final or even if it'll be implemented at all..they said they are working on it..and we all know what that means...and even if it is implimented..you do not have to pay the fee..simple as that..they can't force you to pay anything..but its a service and if they want to charge for it ..thats their business..granted it will probably destroy thier image..but honestly how could it get even worse?

looks like blizzard is looking to make up for the 600k people that quit and still quiting wow. free to play games make you pay for extra features. thats what made wow diff from all the other games cause they would charge a monthly fee for everything but if they start making people pay for this new feature it just opens the door for more payed features and before we know it we will be paying 20, 30, 40 dollars a month and people will begin to quit and the game that brought down blizzard was wow it self. self distruct

that remort chat and AH cost extra is ok but a service like real id party will is NOT OK

it wont make me quit wow because of ikke but i wont pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post

The point is some features should be part of the standard subscription, and this is one of them.

Hey, I've been getting along fine without it, but I also got along fine without RDF, heroic modes, RealID, etc. I can't speak for eveyone, but I won't be buying it, even though I think it's a great idea.
    so i guess you work at blizz now and you get to decide these things...its their game ...end of story..if it causes them to lose a bunch of subs..they will remedy it or fail

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How about you just not read this thread if it upsets you so much
    Ignore the blue post if it upsets you so much. It wont hurt anyone.

if you read what i said. i said i would agree to pay for it. if the game it self was free to play by cutting out the monthly fee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    I'll gladly be the team leader of the Blizzard Defense Force. I'm not ashamed of it. At least I'm not being irrational and screaming SKY IS FALLING I HATE YOU BLIZZARD UR THE WORST PERSON EVER I HOPE YOU DIE because the company is adding a feature that won't do anything to change my gameplay.

The WoW community is one of the most spoiled communities I've ever seen in every aspect of the game. Nothing is ever good enough for people. Blizzard buffs their class? THIS BUFF ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH I WANT MORE. Blizzard nerfs their class? BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MY CLASS I'M QUITTING WoW! Blizzard adds a new free feature? OMG PEOPLE ARE GONNA COME TO MY HOUSE EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY WAY TO GET MY INFORMATION IS IF I PERSONALLY ADD THEM! Blizzard adds a paid service? GIMMEGIMMEGIMME.

I mean. It's kind of funny, really. People don't see how ridiculous they're being. The sad reality of this situation is many people probably would've paid for this service because they legitimately would like to run a few dungeons with their pals on another server, but at the rate this is going, it'll get scrapped and NOBODY will get it.

This isn't a precursor to some great gaming disaster. It's just another optional feature that does nothing to change your life. And with that, I'm off to dreamland. Enjoy your nerdrage.
    Defend this "We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
    --Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)"

Why? Just because that's what they've always done? Sorry, but they're the ones who own the game, and they've decided otherwise. Since when were you put in charge of deciding what should and shouldn't be part of the standard subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Defend this "We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
    I believe the term used here is "owned"

Agreed.

The whole 'not likely to happen' line is old and tired too.

Every time someone says something is 'not likely to happen' or 'will never happen' they are proven horribly, and sometimes surprisingly, wrong. And after that? It's like it never happened. It's like everything in the history of WoW that was ever freaked out about by the lorenuts and elitist jerks who think they know it all and how anything they say 'will not happen' will just never ever happen.

Flying in Azeroth? Redoing Azeroth? Underwater mounts? PvE > PvP servers? Faction/Race changes? I could list a thousand more because I've seen so many discussions that people want to pretend never happened. But it wouldn't matter because, regardless of anything else...'this is different'...'this will never happen'...'this is the way it is because this is the way I say it is because I read a Blizzard post and I always agree with everything they say'

<shrug>

Sheeples are sheeples...short memory, herded nature...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Easy to defend - "(2/20/2008)"

So they're not allowed to change their minds over three years later? Good thing they do, otherwise we wouldn't have LFD (don't act like it was better screaming for a mara run in /2 for hours), phasing, BC, LK...

The beginning of the end?

I've been looking for a quote like that forever. Any chance on sharing the main link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Easy to defend - "(2/20/2008)"

So they're not allowed to change their minds over three years later? Good thing they do, otherwise we wouldn't have LFD (don't act like it was better screaming for a mara run in /2 for hours), phasing, BC, LK...
    Not comparable. They never said "We'll not do any expansions" or "We'll never implement a better way to find dungeon groups."