So I'm being harassed and have a question.

So recently in-game I was kicked from my guild by the guild master because he thought another player and I were making rude comments about his gf in her guild note. I know I didn't do it, and the other guy says he didn't. Shortly thereafter, he locked down the guild bank which infuriated a lot of people and ended in the entire 10m raid group we had gquitting and coming over to an alt guild I had formed a few days prior. He tried talking a bunch of shit in whispers so I just lol'd and /ignore so I wouldn't have to deal with it, however now he is constantly harassing the GM of my guild and other players with threats to dos overload (not quite sure if that's exactly what he said) our vent and pay people to spam trade and the like. He claims he is doing all this because I've done nothing but start problems and harass his members and I've whispered a grand total of 3 members asking if they would like to join our guild with no mention as to any of the drama that has happened. I told the GM and other members of my guild to report him for harassment if they /ignore him and he just keeps on going with alts. That's all fine and dandy. POINT IS, on his guild website now, he has plastered my full name with links to videos in an attempt to slander my irl character, and I'm curious if there's much I can do about it. I doubt there's much I can do because I mean it is the internet and my name is already out there, but just wanna know if you all have any ideas. I still ignore the guy, because as much as I tried to reason with him, and tell him things just weren't working out as a raid group under him, he has this ridiculous idea that I've waged some sort of war and him and do nothing but tell people to attack him and harass his guild. I really don't understand where this stuff comes from in his mind. Any help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Step up from reporting is putting in a ticket. I imagine harassment tickets are handled rather quickly. Feel free to add the link to his guild site.

Right, but since he isn't directly harassing me in-game will Blizz be able to do anything about it?

report it, without a doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Right, but since he isn't directly harassing me in-game will Blizz be able to do anything about it?
    Yes, since he's harassing somebody in-game.

Deleted
    ...he has plastered my full name with links to videos in an attempt to slander my irl character...
    Just caught my eye

But yeah, slap a harrasment ticket on him. Blizzard usually deals with these situatons quite fast.

He is using your in-game info to harass you , it counts .

Quote Originally Posted by Volkhvy View Post
    Just caught my eye

But yeah, slap a harrasment ticket on him. Blizzard usually deals with these situatons quite fast.
    Well I don't care if he slanders me in game - it's just a game - just didn't want anyone to misunderstand me that he's attacking my character personally.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    He is using your in-game info to harass you , it counts .
    Good point, thank you very much!

And thanks to everyone else!

Deleted
    Dont know where you are from, but I am pretty sure that what he is doing (posting your personal info on his website) is illegal, at least I am pretty sure it is illegal in DK where I am from.
    I would eigther try talking to the police or tell your old GM that if he doesnt remove it from his website that you are going to have a chat with the police about it.
    And yes, as the others have said aswell, open a ticket ingame about it aswell.

Hope it all works out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Report him for harassment (wow original suggestion there!) and continue to both /ignore him and literally ignore him. As in, just pretend like he and all his attempts to make you look bad no longer exist. He will eventually get fed up and stop harassing you. Ofcourse if Blizzard has intervened at that point, you will be rid of him anyway =P

But yeah really, just report him, and then proceed to completely ignore him...that usually does the trick.

Open a ticket as said before, but mention he is harassing you in RL via a website and link the website. Blizzard will ban his account ASAP as taking harassment outside of wow seems to indicate serious issues and they tend to take that extremely serious after that one guy was killed in RL after being harassed by an in game person.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be highly unlikely a scrublet like the one your talking about can DDoS your vent server. Or even a guild website at that. Probably some dumb script kiddy who thinks hes hot Sh*t. Just ignore him and open a ticker, blizzard is good at banning grown children :P
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    dos overload our vent and pay people to spam trade and the like.
    DoS = Illegal, and Spamming trade is against the TOS. If either happen, legal or in-game repercussions are fairly easy to enact.

report him for harassment if they /ignore him and he just keeps on going with alts.
    This is perfectly acceptable. Using alts to bypass ignore has been confirmed numerous times to be considered harassment by Blizzard.
    on his guild website now, he has plastered my full name with links to videos in an attempt to slander my irl character, and I'm curious if there's much I can do about it. I doubt there's much I can do because I mean it is the internet and my name is already out there, but just wanna know if you all have any ideas.
    In all technicality, slander is spoken, so it's more of a libel issue. As for the libel, the USG has this to say: "The plaintiff must prove that the information was published, the plaintiff was directly or indirectly identified, the remarks were defamatory towards the plaintiff's reputation, the published information is false, and that the defendant is at fault." If all of the following are true, and you are a US citizen, then his website is libelous toward you, and thus illegal.
    I'd go on grounds of informing Blizzard of the harassment including the website. Odds are that the website is completely out of the jurisdiction of them and thus won't change, but a harassment ban from blizzard may make him change his mind on the whole "posting libelous information" part of the site. If it doesn't, analyze the quote I gave, and lawyer up if you think it qualifies as libel. I know for fact linking to a website personally bashing a person by real name is forbidden in Blizzard's ToS, so at the least, any single link to that website in any form on any of Blizzard's servers (official forum, in game) is a clear, reportable violation of the ToS.

rofl thats fken hilarious. anyway jus send a gm the ticket and screenshot it even. be sure not to antagonize him back.

10+ Year Old Account
    sux, just report it. i'd say to try a ticket. and shouldn't this go in the general WoW discussion page, not Off-topic?

Take some screen shots of the webpage right now, could be important if things really get out of hand

15+ Year Old Account
    Best is to keep ignoring him and to make a ticket about it. Have your guildmates warn him if he keeps harrassing them aswell. If he doesn't stop, ask them to make a ticket about it aswell.

I'd like to know what his girlfriend thinks of all of this. Have you tried talking to her? Maybe she can do something about it, unless she's the one pulling all the strings or even using his account to annoy the crap out of everyone.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    If the reason he is doing it has anything to do with WoW Blizz can take action, Blizz takes this stuff serious since they can miss bad publicity. Make a decent ticket/mail explaining you're situation.

Do NOT say stuff like "this fucking asshole is trying ruin my life"...stay polite at all times, if Blizz sees you show decency even in the situation you are in I'm pretty sure they will take you more seriously and bann him.

As said above take screenshots of everything he is throwing online about you, it can be a lifesaver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Lannister View Post
    Take some screen shots of the webpage right now, could be important if things really get out of hand
    Do this, be sure to include legit date/time stamps. If you are really serious about it, or if the content he posts is harmfull, contact his local ISP or his webhost, they will be very likely to take down his site, especially if you include that you will include authorities if no actions are taken.

Ingame, make tickets. Keep making tickets every time he harrasses you again. A blue post was made a few days ago about this subject, it is very important to keep reporting all harrassment contacts, and make sure >do not attack or bait him<. Just ignore and report. Make sure >all< of your guildmembers are doing the same.