Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fûrious_ View Post
    Let's take it like Schrödinger... as long as we can't control whats in the box there are 0 and 2 men in the box.

We define the quantity of men inside the box as we open the box and count ^^
    This.

It's like asking "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Or, if u want a different answer, you and me °-°

Edit:
    You - cause if the room has no entrance etc and you know how many people are inside, one of them must be you.
    Me - cause if you are telling it to someone, that person must be inside the room with you.
    Only you and me - cause you told that you aren't lying and so there are only 2 inside °-°
    Last edited by mmoc4fd0b8c673; 2011-05-23 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Jiggsaw says: "Soon zero"

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Men.
    144 Virgin Women.

IT WAS A SUICIDE BOMBING!

10+ Year Old Account
    A freaking kitty...

Deleted
    If there is truly nothing else in the room but the 2 men, and there are no ways to enter/exit or just move or see anything between the room and the outside world, then you can never be certain there are 2 men inside, because there is no way you can ever see them or any way to get any proof they even existed.

Existence is not a fact until proven. I can tell you that werewolves and vampires exist, but that doesn't make it a fact, therefore if there is a room like that anywhere in the world, whatever you tell me is inside can not be proved to exist.

Deleted
    Its no room its the darkness of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mob View Post
    This.

It's like asking "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Or, if u want a different answer, you and me °-°
    Yeeeeeash, it does make a sound. Sound in such an instance is a byproduct of the kinetic energy or disruption of such when the Tree collides with the ground/other trees (who get pretty annoyed that their pissed mate fell over again) - the lack of any human/animal picking up on the sound is redundant - but still velly velly interwestwing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    We are often asked to think outside the box, let's see if you can think inside the box with this olde riddle.

2 Men, A and B (their names hold no meaning) are in a room, the room has always existed since the dawn or time and so have the men, there are no mirrors or reflective surfaces within the room itself, no doors, no windows, no way in or out of the room, no women, no children, no other beings or animals except these 2 men; A and B.

So how many people are there in the room.
    Answer is two because of "no other beings or animals except these 2 men"

There can't be six people in the room because it would break the logical statement above.
    /Thread

Bad riddle is bad

Deleted
    there could be hundred and thousands of men in the room..

He just picked on 2

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Its no room its the darkness of nothing.
    This is no mine, it's a tomb.

It was never stated how many women were in the room, so there are at LEAST two people... But if they're lucky, they're in an eternal orgy with a neverending supply of women, which would mean that there's an infinite number of people in the room... just two men.

Quote Originally Posted by dunghoof View Post
    Answer is two because of "no other beings or animals except these 2 men"

There can't be six people in the room because it would break the logical statement above.
    /Thread

Bad riddle is bad
    A person in this context is a dynamic reference to the way you perceive or are perceived by others, "a bad person" or "a good person" - it is not a being, nor is it an animal so the statement stands true and correct - simply because you did not find the answer by googling it does not make it bad riddle. Thank you for your time x

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by derecha View Post
    It was never stated how many women were in the room, so there are at LEAST two people... But if they're lucky, they're in an eternal orgy with a neverending supply of women, which would mean that there's an infinite number of people in the room... just two men.
    Whilst a boring answer to the riddle your perception of it would have certainly made my morning more interesting...and arousing.

Is Schrödinger's cat inside, by any chance?

Deleted
    There's me and the other guy.

(except I'm not a man, but that's not the point)

well we can all safely say it isnt 12

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Is Schrödinger's cat inside, by any chance?
    No, but if it makes you feel any better the cat is watching the room from a distance of 137meters, he is elevated by approximately 20degrees and lost his left front paw in a motorcycling accident last Wednesday, this may or may not affect the answer.

....it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    Loving the crazy answers so far, the answer isn't the "ooooooooohhh I get it" punchline you may be wishing for. Too many of you are thinking outside the box, STOP IT, what have I told you is in the box....2 men....

Ask yourself these questions.
    What sort of person do you think you are?
    What sort of person do you think others perceive you to be?
    What sort of person are you?
    Ok so maybe he is talking about some "box" in yourself. So the 2 men are actually the one your acting/trying to be and the other one is the real you.

Obviously.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no spoo .. room!

Deleted
    IT'S 4. Reason being he states there are 2 men, A(third) and B(fourth). In the end he also states there is noone except the 2 men, A and B, so a total of 4.