Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New mount achievement. Pretty please?

So with the recent love to pet collectors, I'd quite like to see blizz get a move on with giving us a better reward for having 125/150 mounts.
    Especially seeing as they got the skin wrong for the Red dragonhawk.
    (Not to be pedantic, but it's actually the Golden dragonhawk skin if you compare it to the dragonhawk companion pets.)

Anyways, I suppose to give this thread SOME point we should list funky ideas as to what we could potentially receive should we get a new achievement released.

Me? I really like the Alysrazor model (Flame hawk with molten bone armour etc etc)

Deleted
    For 125 there should be a generic drake, for 150 there should be a generic drake

Deleted
    [Reins of the slightly more bronze drake]?

Yeah, a new mount achievement would be nice
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tistic#130:191
    Last edited by Noui; 2011-05-26 at 11:57 AM.

Currently at 137, with about 7 mounts (8 including the store Lion) easily attainable mounts still to get, so yeh I really do hope we get something for 125 and then 150 in the Firelands patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noui View Post
    Yeah, a new mount achievement would be nice I'm @ 131
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tistic#130:191
    Want a medal?

But yeah, give a 150 mount achievement. Don't guess there's much people sitting at them

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Want a medal?

But yeah, give a 150 mount achievement. Don't guess there's much people sitting at them
    I don't think anyone on my realm has 150 mounts, but I would love this achievement ingame to actually let those collectors show off. There should be some sort of title attached to the pet and mount 150 collected achievement too.

They need to add 2 mounts for alliance first. Otherwise its will be easier for horde to get achievement , and blizz wouldn't want that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoman View Post
    They need to add 2 mounts for alliance first. Otherwise its will be easier for horde to get achievement , and blizz wouldn't want that.
    I'm pretty sure any determined mount hunter wouldn't let 2 mounts stand in the way of them and an awesome mount...it's not going to be "Easy" for either faction.

To clarify...it's not like the 2 goblin mounts break the achievement and make it a million miles easier for horde. You've still got to get lucky with a few rare drops etc...

Deleted
    Oh, i remember the irony when I got my 100 mount achievement: my 100rd mount was the Violet Proto Drake. And since that one was faster than my new shiny Red Dragonhawk the Dragonhawk has not been used much (didn't raid any hard modes back then and didn't have any other 310% mounts). So, instead of rewarding a mount, why not award the 150 mount with a pet, and the 150 pet with a mount (yea, I know, that's trolling). But to be honest, the 150 mount needs to be really cool to push some of the great mounts in a 150 collection of the primary used mounts. Personally, I go with my Cenarion War Hippogryph most of the time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro View Post
    I'm pretty sure any determined mount hunter wouldn't let 2 mounts stand in the way of them and an awesome mount...it's not going to be "Easy" for either faction.

To clarify...it's not like the 2 goblin mounts break the achievement and make it a million miles easier for horde. You've still got to get lucky with a few rare drops etc...
    You're pretty wrong. In terms of mounts, after ~110 it gets really hard, so there's a big difference between alliance and horde there.

I'd be glad about reaching 125 mounts, but you just can't do everything at the same time. I wish I could split myself to camp aeonaxx, TLPD, and rivendare at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    [Reins of the Dark Firehawk]
    Pwetty pwease?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    [Reins of the Dark Firehawk]
    Pwetty pwease?
    Gaaah, want so bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36rKuCUs0xE

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    I don't think anyone on my realm has 150 mounts
    I have 140...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. Something that is not a drake preferably.
    I want a balloon/blimp with passenger seat

that one: http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/sc...mal/189848.jpg
    Last edited by Kryos; 2011-05-26 at 07:07 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

One of those celestial dragons would work great as a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcana View Post
    One of those celestial dragons would work great as a mount.
    Sick of the overused celestial/sparkly stuff. Something creative, please. Like the poster above said, a blimp or an aircraft.

Deleted
    A) What people are yet to mention is the reason why a new mount achievement hasn't been announced yet - Horde has 2 extra mounts. A winterspring Frostsaber-like event all over again is clearly not in Blizzard's best interest and they HAVE to balance this out (2 » 1, so even moreso than before) before they introduce another x number of mounts achievement.

B) I'm sitting on 138 mounts as an alliance character, I've almost got every mount one can currently have (I'm missing the 2 new 5-man ones that came out with Cataclysm, the horse from Karazhan and Ashes of Al'ar both of which I've been farming for over 4 years and old-school ride + black battletank as far as discontinued mounts go and obviously the 2 new ZG mounts + Phosphorecent stone drake/grey cammel) NOT COUNTING PvE raiding content ones because that is something I refuse to do - not got Naxx 10/25, Ulduar 10/25 nor ICC 10/25, Invincible, Mimiron's head, Al'Akir's drake nor the current raiding tier's meta. Also not got Celestial Steed but that's something I'm considering buying if they bring more mount achievements out soon.

With the 2 extra mounts that they are required to add for Alliance sometime soon I'll be sitting on 140, which is quite a fucking ton considering the effort I've put into this over the last few years, yet so far away from having 150 (well, not that far, but you know, it's not easy to farm the new ZG ones intensively nor to luck out on Attumen/Kael'thas, or to be lucky enough to find Aeonaxx or to have enough people willing to farm Invincible/Mimiron's with you. It's just not. And whilst I am aware the achievement is not supposed to be easy, I think anything over 145 is a BIG fucking stretch. And I'm not saying this out of convinience nor am I biased because I've got 138-140, I'm just stating a fact. They can do it, and knowing Blizzard they might, but I honestly think 150 is overkill as of right now and will only be realistically fair if they bring out 4-5 semi-easy-to-obtain mounts with 4.1 (from the firelands dailies, for exemple, like the Hippogryph). 125 on the other hand is really low, as anyone who puts any effort into grinding/collecting mounts will have passed that number quite a long time ago already (I remember I had 128 or something when I got my last Argent Tournament mount).

135 sounds good to me, it'd still require effort but it wouldn't encourage mount-fanatics to go on e-bay and blow 500 quid on TCG mounts just so they can get the achievement, which some will if they bring out 150 with firelands.

Note: Again, this is taking into account the mounts that are CURRENTLY in-game/have been in-game over the past years + the mounts that Blizzard has CONFIRMED will be coming out with 4.2. If they implement more, then all I've just said is obsolete, basicly, and does no longer apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    A) What people are yet to mention is the reason why a new mount achievement hasn't been announced yet - Horde has 2 extra mounts. A winterspring Frostsaber-like event all over again is clearly not in Blizzard's best interest and they HAVE to balance this out (2 » 1, so even moreso than before) before they introduce another x number of mounts achievement.

B) I'm sitting on 138 mounts as an alliance character, I've almost got every mount one can currently have (I'm missing the 2 new 5-man ones that came out with Cataclysm, the horse from Karazhan and Ashes of Al'ar both of which I've been farming for over 4 years and old-school ride + black battletank as far as discontinued mounts go and obviously the 2 new ZG mounts + Phosphorecent stone drake/grey cammel) NOT COUNTING PvE raiding content ones because that is something I refuse to do - not got Naxx 10/25, Ulduar 10/25 nor ICC 10/25, Invincible, Mimiron's head, Al'Akir's drake nor the current raiding tier's meta. Also not got Celestial Steed but that's something I'm considering buying if they bring more mount achievements out soon.

With the 2 extra mounts that they are required to add for Alliance sometime soon I'll be sitting on 140, which is quite a fucking ton considering the effort I've put into this over the last few years, yet so far away from having 150 (well, not that far, but you know, it's not easy to farm the new ZG ones intensively nor to luck out on Attumen/Kael'thas, or to be lucky enough to find Aeonaxx or to have enough people willing to farm Invincible/Mimiron's with you. It's just not. And whilst I am aware the achievement is not supposed to be easy, I think anything over 145 is a BIG fucking stretch. And I'm not saying this out of convinience nor am I biased because I've got 138-140, I'm just stating a fact. They can do it, and knowing Blizzard they might, but I honestly think 150 is overkill as of right now and will only be realistically fair if they bring out 4-5 semi-easy-to-obtain mounts with 4.1 (from the firelands dailies, for exemple, like the Hippogryph). 125 on the other hand is really low, as anyone who puts any effort into grinding/collecting mounts will have passed that number quite a long time ago already (I remember I had 128 or something when I got my last Argent Tournament mount).

135 sounds good to me, it'd still require effort but it wouldn't encourage mount-fanatics to go on e-bay and blow 500 quid on TCG mounts just so they can get the achievement, which some will if they bring out 150 with firelands.

Note: Again, this is taking into account the mounts that are CURRENTLY in-game/have been in-game over the past years + the mounts that Blizzard has CONFIRMED will be coming out with 4.2. If they implement more, then all I've just said is obsolete, basicly, and does no longer apply.
    I disagree.
    You have gotten close to every mount ingame. You ended up on 140.
    If we add the new mounts. I know theres atleast 6.
    Then add the raid mounts. 7 (excluding the rare drops)

You are at 154 mounts, and looking at what you have done, i think only people like you should be given this mount. It will add something unique back into the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Definitely 125 mount achievement should be added to the game. I have 119, but all I need to do is get lucky and pay for some help to get most of the Wrath achievement mounts.