Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Leader kicked me out because he hated CSI, or whatever show the name Grissom is from. I suppose he thought my Paladin, Grissym, was named after the character from the show and that pissed him off.

He's actually named after an Air Force base XD
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ''Lol look it this elitist pulling a billion damage''

2 pulls in - >

''Removed from the group''

=/

Only time I have ever been Kicked was when I DCed...which was deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Well, that is sort of debatable. Spirit is ok (gives boomies hit). Spellpower is a no brainer. However, the only other stat on it is Mastery, and haste is WAY better then mastery for boomies, so there are a LOT of better options out there (heck, a properly statted heroic blue MH / OH combo would probably be better then Chellys.
    Not even remotely debatable. First off, mastery is not the worst secondary stat to begin with, crit is. Secondly, Intellect and Spellpower are so compelling in Cata compared to any possible secondary stats that the likelihood that any 346 gear would produce as much dps is extremely spurious. Third, the people in the random heroic are not the people with whom the staff would have dropped anyway, so it's none of their business.

Only time I got kicked was in ZA, on the pull with the guys with MC... i got MCed and killed our healer, that caused a wipe and I was blamed for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spent two friggin hours in ZG recently and when the idiots couldn't beat Jin'do, they decided I was the problem (I was on my ret pally). I doubt they managed to kill the boss after I left. Later that same day, I was in a pug that cleared ZG, one shotting everything.

Got kicked from another ZG group when the tank pulled Venoxis without warning and I hadn't had time to scope out a spot to stand (on my shadow priest). So when the toxic link came, I apparently ran in the wrong direction. Someone called me "fcking noob DPS", to which I responded in kind. lol

I also got kicked from a HoO run because I got lost.
    I'm a crazy taco.

I've never been kicked from a group, but I have done a lot of PUGs, and seen, and initiated a lot of kicks. The reason they give for kicking you is generally not the truth, and most of the time they don't say anything. IMO, the majority of the reasons people get kicked are:

- Poor performance of any kind of play (granted sometimes the group will misinterpret what went wrong.)
    - D/C or 1 min+ AFK
    - Needing on loot you're not supposed to need on
    - Smug attitude: (people don't like the attitude, even if you're correct)
    - Refusing to go with the strategy they ask (even if it's an inferior strategy, you need to recognize when the rest of the group is headstrong, and just go along with it. There are worse ways of doing things, and there are plenty of people out there who won't listen to you when you tell them that there are better ways).
    - Attacking someone in group. This is a problem with majority rule, and I would recommend that everyone takes a look at whether or not the other players are from the same guild or server. If so, you should choose your words much more carefully.

While I've never seen anyone kick another player solely because they wanted to reserve a piece of loot for themselves or a guildy, I do believe it happens. It's much more likely if they feel that you are also under preforming, and that, I would say, is actually quite common.

I'd also like to mention... when people kick you for a poor performance, while it might be elitist, there is often some truth to it. Just some examples:

OP - If you can't sheep someone when they hit 50%, why does the mob get to 50% before you try to sheep him? Why does the mob even reach the AoE melee before you sheep him? Why did you not watch the timer to resheep before it expired? If he was the last mob alive... and they wanted you to sheep the stop the ww... you can counterspell it

Sid - Killing the malignant troll makes it respawn on the second wave of adds. If the group specifically asked you not too ahead of time as well... then that's part of the refusing.

Lastly, just because the group is doing well, and you've had no wipes, doesn't mean that everyone is playing well. It also doesn't mean that people won't notice poor play by any role, so if you do get kicked... rather than seething about how the others were idiots, try to think of the things you could've done better on that run.
    Last edited by Windry; 2011-05-24 at 02:19 AM.

I once got kicked out of a group because they wanted to bring their guildie in for the last boss

I joined a group once and they sat there for a while not saying anything then one said to me you can leave now so our friend can join or we will just wait till we can kick you. So I just left haha.

I've been kicked as a tank for a dpsing complaining I had reforged hit on my tank set.

I've been kicked as a healer for not being able to keep the tank up when he keeps pulling despite trying to get them to wait to recharge mana.
    More than anything else dps who don't know how to cc when they are told are beyond useless.

Mostly anytime the dps won't shut up and choose what fights the tank get in the group wipes and the healers and tanks are the first to go.
    As a dps I've never been kicked, except when I first started out.

As a tank I tend to kick players that don't attack skull. I literally mark skull on every pull and some people still want to hit the other targets to grab aggro. So very annoying. As a healer if I see a dps get aggro I just let them die, then I kick em.

removed for md'ing 50 or so mobs in the room before ozoruk to the healer causing a wipe they didnt click on did it three times before they saw... druid heals shouldnt have needed on my rogues fist weapon from the first boss.,
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    I had a mage try and kick my priest healer in H Vortex Pinnacle - when all the dps had stood in the whirwinds on the first boss. Strangely, we died...
    There were 2 guildies in the group and a pug hunter. The hunter said "Why did you try and kick the healer? What about the mage that's doing 3k dps?"
    My response was, "Oh, that must have been the mage who tried to kick me then, cause the other guys are guildies".
    5 seconds later the mage drops group...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    And the most recent yesterday on my Hunter during the very first heroic I could do, the pally tank needed on an agi ring saying he needed it for the dodge agi gives, I told him that agi is bad for tanks only gives a small amount of dodge, I got a nice reply from him calling me names, saying I did not know how to play, and got removed.
    Offtopic, but you were wrong. If a tank can get, say, a neck or ring with agility and mastery, its in most cases far superior to the strength alternative, because agility gives more dodge than strength gives parry. And the threat from strength is unnecessary.

OT: I asked if I could roll for Tia's Grace for my pally tank(pre-raid BiS trinket, pretty much), and got kicked because the druid wanted a second one.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-05-24 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    only been removed once since cata, wouldnt give a rogue a strength ring.........................-____________-

I haven't been kicked yet. And I'm one of those people who are quick to kick bad tanks or healers, and if my kick is on cooldown get verbally abusive until they leave.

Don't remember.
    If I am pissed at the tools in my group, I take off all my gear, aggro everything and quit.

Fuck em.
    I have no patience for stupid.

got kicked for yelling at retards for not knowing how to use the reaper bot and not even bothering to say "can i use the reaper im melee etc"

kicked for pulling cookie when everyone was ready and the tank had been standing still for the past 2 mins .. waiting for xmas perhaps? (do note he has no aggro table , duh)

oh and once from some spanish speaking pugs that wiped continously on halls of origination and decided to try pulling without their own healer there. ( i had ran outta the instance at that time_

i got kicked for pulling commander springvale 3 times. i asked nicely multiple times if we could fight him and everyone ignored me, so when we got there everytime we passed him i pulled him all sneaky like. i almost had them convinced that it had been patched so you had to fight him, but the healer eventually went through the combat log and caught me. i even almost convinced them that the healer was lying, but they ended up kicking me. it was actually pretty hilarious.
    The fiction will see the real.

Deleted
    I once was in a group with a really retarded dps and another warr dps who was doing really good.
    They had similar names:/. I kicked the wrong one and ofc everyone voted blindly :/

But next random got him again in my group and apologised! <3