New loot system suggestion

New loot system for 10 / 25 :
    Allow's Raid leader to select the loot items from the boss killed instead of random Loot to be droped .

Note :
    This can only be use only 1 boss per Raid instance .
    No. of drop remain the same 2 for 10 and 6 /5 for 25 man .

Advantage:
    Very useful where player are hunting for item since months .

Example : If u are BWD u can select this loot system to one of the boss let's say Chimeron but then this loot system won't work on other boss .
    Can be use only once .

Or maybe select a package of loots to get rolled from. i.e:
    Magmaw may drop 10 itens, these are sorted in 3 packages, then you choose a package to your loot be got from:

Pack 1:
    - Item A
    - Item B
    - Item C
    - Item D
    - Item E

Pack 2:
    - Item F
    - Item G
    - Item H
    - Item I
    - Item J

Pack 3:
    - Item A
    - Item J
    - Item C
    - Item I
    - Item F

This may be optional, those that don't choose a package still will get drop chance from all itens, but less chance than selecting a package. Selecting a package a single item have 20% of drop, while without package it just have 10% of drop.

Deleted
    Disenchanting heroic items because no one needs them whilst others need items dropping off that exact same boss is frustrating, yes.
    But that's RNG. You can't buy a Kinder surprise and say "Not that, that or that figurine, please. The other ones are okay."

DEing is an essential part of economy especially each time new crystals are introduced. what you are describing is kind of pointless in a sense that players would gear out asap and never run the content again. that would create a huge pressure on blizz to push new content out even faster and make this game seem even more stupid because it would have no replay value of any kind

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 11:22 AM ----------

downing a boss and hoping for your gear to drop is part of the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Problematically, how do you rank people's needs?

Do you always put the needs of a tank or a healer first? To this I say: The best healers and tanks cannot overcome a group that cannot DPS well.
    Do you rank people by item level? To this: wouldn't people attempt to keep the ilvl low as to remain high on importance?
    Do you rank people by guild standing? IE: you raid more you get more. I think the flaw there should be obvious.
    Do you rank people by performance? Problematically: How do you determine what "good performance" is?

As much as I dislike RNG look, the alternatives really aren't that much of an improvement as long as we're relying on the boss for loot.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

OP must be from a 10 man raid group. When cata launched our main group(25) tore through shit and got all the gear we needed. Our alts on the other hand in a 10 man group have seen the same loot drop nearly everyweek since launch. Some of our members are yet to get one upgrade after all these weeks.

My point = 25 > 10

Imo should all gear be buyable for Points and just have some of the gear require achi for doing bosses, have T11 head and shoulders require Defender of the Shattered World etc.

Nah because that system can easily be taken advantage of. You will end up having people who always get loot and people who never get loot. RNG is still a better way to go than that scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Problematically, how do you rank people's needs?

Do you always put the needs of a tank or a healer first? To this I say: The best healers and tanks cannot overcome a group that cannot DPS well.
    Do you rank people by item level? To this: wouldn't people attempt to keep the ilvl low as to remain high on importance?
    Do you rank people by guild standing? IE: you raid more you get more. I think the flaw there should be obvious.
    Do you rank people by performance? Problematically: How do you determine what "good performance" is?

As much as I dislike RNG look, the alternatives really aren't that much of an improvement as long as we're relying on the boss for loot.
    I think his point was for raiders who've been raiding for a while and get stuff they don't need while there are new players in the raid that could use somethng else. We get a lot of healer mail, for example, but we only have 1 shaman. In my alt 10 man, we're always getting gear we don't need at all.

It's a good idea that would need to be re-worked. Maybe it could have like 10 chests (one containing each type of gear), and we'd be able to open 5 of them.