Ascendant Council DPS

I am an officer in a guild on Uldaman, we are 8/12 and we are on the Council in BoT. The officers and Raid leads had a dicussion about how much DPS we need to down the council. We have about 72k DPS between all of us, but one raider said that it need to be about 19k per raider or about 95k per group attemp.

Can I get any feed back so that I can heip our group down council.

Please only helpfull posts.

Thanks
    Cazmeer

More DPS makes P3 easier, that's it. P1 and P2 are all about where you place the damage, and following the fight mechanics. We have quite poor DPS, and it took us a while to down this boss, but the issues were caused mainly by the fight mechanics, not the lack of DPS.

Edit: and yeah, more DPS ofc makes rising flames a lot easier to deal with, forgot about that part.

Where are you dying, exactly?

It depends on how long your healers can last during the last phase. If you bring everyone down to 25% health, the monstrosity should have about 5.7 million health in the last phase. 5.7 million / 90 seconds is 64K DPS/second, which is like 12.5-13K per person with 5 DPSers. However, the monstrosity has cryogenic aura, which reduces his damage taken by 25%, so you'd actually need higher per person to bring him down in that time frame.

I can definitely say 19k per DPS is far more then you need.

first time we killed that boss i think we had a avrg of 16k dps. so no 19k is not needed. Just make sure healers can keep up and ppl not standing in fire balls and not standing in blue pit on ground and ur fine =)

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

Deleted
    We downed council the first week in pretty much blues, think we barely pulled 15k dps on average. You just need to spread out good and know how to survive longer and use cds wisely. When we killed it it was pretty much 1 paladin alive with 1% hp and bubble up.

In our Alt Raid, we also had a problem the first week we ran alt raid, since the more part of our raid was in greens, we just had horrible horrible gear. This lead us to go with 2 tanks 2 healers instead of 3 healers. Rather sure it is possible to go with 1 tank aswell, if you feel like your dps is to low.

Just checked a log from a couple of weeks back, total raid dps was ~70k and it was a kill.

The final phase is all about spreading out so the constant chain lightning isn't chaining. If you minimize the damage from this your healers shouldn't have much trouble keeping your dps alive long enough for a kill. My guild doesn't have the greatest dps, probably about 12-13k per person on average, and we can do this without issues. You can also 2 heal this fight pretty easily if dps is the problem.

10man

last attempt on H Chim, 25k dps
    last attempt on AC, 14k dps
    Meele btw

So no, you dont need 19k dps average. Dont think anyone in our guild does 19k on that guy unless it's in last phase.

Pre phase 3. try to get each boss down to about 20% health
    stay decently spread out for phase 3(ranged)
    save cooldowns for phase 3

Are you two healing this? If not, two heal it.

We do it normal with 3 healers, highest dps is probably around 19-20k lowest about 9k would say average for dps is probably around 15-16k and we pretty much 1 shot it each week. control down the 4 adds getting them balances at as close to 25% as you can...last phase is spread out..Blood lust and blow cool downs which should be saved for this..make sure you not standing in shit..and are not chaining the lightning and pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first two phases of the AC encounter doesn't really depend on DPS that much. Its more about coordination. The DPS's goal for phase 1 and 2 is to get the bosses HP to 25%, and a little lower can help more.

However, in phase 3 thats when your dps matters. 19K is a stupid requirement.

lol no. you will not need 19k dps on that fight. i guarantee you won't get it either. it's not a fight to pad the meters

we one shotted it in an alt run this weekend avg dps was like 14k, no one died

Here is a good feel for what you need

http://worldoflogs.com/zones/Bastion...ndant_Council/

The medium DPS on a kill is 74K, and average is 76K, so your DPS needs just a touch more, but it should be doable. What you have to watch out for is bringing them guys down equally, do not push phase too early with one still high. That is the biggest issue. Make sure people are saving CDs for phase 3

Dps requirements are indirectly tied to your healers HPS output. If you have pro healers that can keep everyone up for that extra 15 or 30 seconds then the dps needed goes down in phase 3. Not entirely sure but I am almost 100% certain that the 5 dps averaged 13k on that whole fight. Not sure what we did phase 3 but it didn't last that long.

Thanks everyone that is what I thought. We probably just need to get mechanics down and wait to pop cool downs on phase 3.

Caz

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others have pointed out, you certainly don't need 19k a person for normal council. How much per person you do need will depend if you are 2 or 3 healing it. We found it was easier to 2 heal it and just blast through P3 but that depends on your healers as well as everyone's ability to avoid unnecessary damage in that phase.

19k is def more dps than you need, when my guild was progressing on this fight I think people were doing like 13-15k and it was fine.

My alt was a stand-in to help out a another guild which which our guild has a friendly relationship. I healed for their first kill of council. I noticed their dps was lower than ours was normally, and I was concerned. However, the interrupts were spot on and the pushing was done perfectly at 25-26 percent for each. In the end, they downed it with probably an average of about 11.5K-12k dps with great execution on mechanics. This boss was very hard for my guild until we got it down just right. Then it became cake. 19K dps is not a requirement.