Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ZG final boss exploit

Hey guys I just got out of Zul'Gurub with some guildies, and while on phase 2 of the boss fight, with all shields down we wiped. Our shadow priest however did not. He managed to kite all the adds while slowly dpsing each chain.. This seems kind of lame to me and wondered if this is indeed an exploit or something thats okay to do.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    staying alive w/o evade bugging is not an exploit

10+ Year Old Account
    exploit? no.
    just means your shadow priest knew what he was doing.

we had a warlock do the same before, hell even i did it when i was tanking on my bear.
    i would kite adds and when they were far enough away i'd charge the chain. DPS a bit, and run away. rinse & repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

...So he managed to not die and you figure it's an exploit? No, more like the rest of your group wasn't doing what it was supposed to and he was forced to compensate.

Deleted
    Yeah, good idea you got there. The only person in the group who knows what he's doing, he's your guildie and you call him out for exploiting? Derp.
    It was not an exploit, he's a good player, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    ...So he managed to not die and you figure it's an exploit? No, more like the rest of your group wasn't doing what it was supposed to and he was forced to compensate.
    This, it's called being a good player, not exploiting. This is almost like saying "we all stood in fire and died except our shadow priest who got out of the fire. Is he exploiting????"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there can only be like 20-25 Ghosts up at one time, so if the player has enough mobility, a.k.a. Runs faster than the Ghosts... then yes, I am sure he can kite them around while dotting them up.

I have done this myself on my Ret Paladin. Which was a lot harder, but I was able to Holy Wrath all of them and hit the Chains a bit while I passed by.

But NO it is not an exploit. That Shadow Priest would have to be Avoiding "Unavoidable" damage in order to even be considered exploitation.

But what it looked like, is that people in your group were bad :-).

Well for those of you unfamiliar with the english language, exploit has a connotation in gaming to be something illegal, and I messed up here using that connotation; an exploit can also be something like I have described, wether against the rules or not. Something I also didn't mention was that while in corpse I saw many ofo the spirit things floating around elsewhere in the instance, not in the fight. Another thing is I realize this isn't against the rules but it kinda cheapens the fight. And on the flaming note, youve got to learn the fight eventually, so unless you have NEVER wiped, don't flame pls. Basically I hope blizz nerfs this before too many people learn this so beating the fight is actually semi-difficult.

Deleted
    I still agree its not an exploit, this is just kiting, something which is very useful in that fight. As a healer i shift into cat and kite the ghosts for a bit.

facepalm.jpg

It's a valid strategy. WTF are you talking about? The adds move slowly for a reason. Blizzard designed them that way. You guys wiped cause you suck and the one good player stayed alive and kited the adds like a smart person would. And you are hoping they fix it? lol.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even remotely an exploit OP

Yes, complete exploit. You must not avoid those things that are thrown out and you must sit there and get hit by the adds. BTW dpsing the adds will get you a 7day ban as well.

Being better than you is not an exploit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwolfe View Post
    Basically I hope blizz nerfs this before too many people learn this so beating the fight is actually semi-difficult.
    You mean you want blizz to nerf the fight for doing the fight the way it's suppose to be done? You weren't very detailed so idk what adds the spriest was kiting, but the ghosts move naturally slow, and they're suppose to be kited/killed while your tank tanks the other add.

If you all died because you let the ghosts get to you then you messed up, and the priest was the only one doing it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    This, it's called being a good player, not exploiting. This is almost like saying "we all stood in fire and died except our shadow priest who got out of the fire. Is he exploiting????"
    i loled.

But yeah, if he is good enough to kite them all he is good enough to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwolfe View Post
    Well for those of you unfamiliar with the english language, exploit has a connotation in gaming to be something illegal, and I messed up here using that connotation; an exploit can also be something like I have described, wether against the rules or not.
    Not standing still like a fool while 25 mobs that move slower then the average mob beat on you is not an exploit. There is a REASON they move so slow. It is part of the mechanics of this fight...

I bet you're one of those smarties who blames their healer when you get one shot or stand in other mechanics.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-05-23 at 09:26 PM.

If this was an exploit, then every single hunter ever would be banned.

edit: pulled this off myself the last time I was in ZG, just kited the ghosts around until they were fairly grouped up, then 1-2 multishots to burn them down (with serpent spread).

Got a similiar situation ;]

Like 2 months after cata release i went with enh shammy from my guild to random hc (throne of tides). And everyone except him died on the Lady Nazjar at like 40%? He kited and killed her by himself then^^

A player who knows how to leverage the strengths of his class to pull a shitty group out of disaster is not an exploit.

10+ Year Old Account
    No if he solo-ed the second phase that isn't an exploit. its skill!!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...